• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaiji vs Phoenix Wright

Don't think equalizing speed would do something.

Though despite of it I'll say Phoenix takes this, he've got very good memory, can notice if Kaiji would lie via his own good eyes and Magatama, and can trick him by bluff and because of the fact that Kaiji is naive.
And he also would likely notice the tricks Kaiji would prepare, since he's without preparation could notice and trick Gramarye, who prepared with Olga to trick Wright.

Phoenix is a lawyer, not a gambler. Kaiji already has a massive advantage in that regard, and while Phoenix is tenacious, Kaiji literally cut off his own goddamn ear just to win a game. Kaiji is absolutely not naive, he's a very clever and desperate man.

Kaiji is naive but not so naive as to be led along during a gamble. Before? Yes. Once it starts? No. And if there's preptime he's in gambling mode before the game even starts. He's very good at seeing through bluffs.

Phoenix is a lawyer, not a gambler. Kaiji already has a massive advantage in that regard, and while Phoenix is tenacious, Kaiji literally cut off his own goddamn ear just to win a game. Kaiji is absolutely not naive, he's a very clever and desperate man.
Phoenix beat a master of Gambling, Gramarye without much knowledge of poker. And later in Apollo Justice was stated that Wright haven't lost poker for a 7 years.

Please give me feats rather than vague scaling. Kaiji beats people who have been undefeated for years, in games they've been playing for years, in games they've BEEN CHEATING IN FOR YEARS, regularly.

Phoenix has like absolutely no feats and he only has a majority of his victories because he's a cheating ass (aka he had his daughter help him read the movements of others)

I don't think that stacks up to Kaiji, if Apollo can see through Phoenix's bluffs then Kaiji should probably be able to.

Phoenix beat a master of Gambling, Gramarye without much knowledge of poker. And later in Apollo Justice was stated that Wright haven't lost poker for a 7 years.
Those are just vague prattle that means nothing on it's own. I haven't lost a MTG game this past year, but that's because I haven't played much and the few times I have were with people far less experienced than me.

Overall I don't know what to say, this isn't really Phoenix's territory to win at and Kaiji is absolutely willing to go farther here.

Just for the record, Kaiji tends to avoid cheating when he's playing - he only cheats when the other player is cheating.

Ok, without poker experience, wright defeated Zak Gramarye. Zak Gramarye is one of 3 magicians with several shown and not shown tricks in Apollo Justice. And as I said above he tricked persons that tried to trick him in poker.
Although I guess FRA Kaiji wouldn't cheat and tbh, wright don't much cheats either.
However he still can likely see if Kaiji would lie because Magatama.

Going by what I looked up on the magatama, it just alerts Phoenix that information is being hidden, which is obvious. It's a gamble. Information will always be hidden; Phoenix still has to use his own logic and skill to bridge the gaps, and Kaiji is just flat-out better than him at that in a situation like this. Kaiji perfectly reads and ultimately breaks people he just met in gambles quite often; it takes time and effort, but Kaiji is way better at bridging these gaps in gambles.

Court is a lot different from a gamble.

Would make a little objection, because little common court experience is similar to poker, by this I mean the fact that Phoenix can usually bluff, which is one of the main thing in poker.

So is there an agreement yet? Because I'm not really leaning to either side yet. Anyway here's my 2 cents :

Imagine a person who played a lot of Far Cry deciding to play CoD. The person know what each equipment does and knows how to survive a firefight but does that mean they'll instantly be good at the game? No, they'll still have to learn advanced game sense and that's my argument on why Kaiji will win this match.

Back