• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaguya’s ETSO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is as it causes no issues when it doesnt scale to anyone but itself.
Not relevant at all to the accuracy of the rating.

Gross false equivalence. The bleach realms have absolutely never been assumed as being some transparent space-times like you are suggesting Kaguyas here, for whatever reason, are. Not to derail this into something else, but this is an entirely different situation and context.

The bleach realms and the contents within said realms are accepted as universes. The stars in Kaguyas realms making them cosmic size should be looked at the same way.
If that's the case Yhwach and those who scale to him should be 3-A to Low 2-C since Yhwach is stated capable of creating the Bleach universe. SD and DK should be somewhere in tier 4 (depending how many stars are in their skies) for being able to create their realms.

Literally, all Kaguya has is a creation statement + a visual of a star in her realm. Same exact case for SD and DK, they have visuals of stars in their realms and a creation statement. Same case for Yhwach, their are visuals of stars in the realms (plus confirmation that the stars exist) and a creation statement.

See above. And also, im fairly certain that the former case with SD and DK are outliers, while in this case, Kaguya is doing it with something that scales to absolutely nothing but itself.

If so, that is another false example.
So Kaguya with a little bit of Shinobi alliance chakra can make an attack that scales trillions of times above anything else she has, but it's not an outlier because it's a special attack? Uh no.

Once again, see above. The tier is only with the move. Said move scales to nothing but itself. Scaling from characters where they are either outliers, inconsistencies, or different cases all together are not the same as this particular case.
I'm beginning to wonder if you know what an outlier is. Really big number for attack potency =/= outlier.

As defined by the site, An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power. Additionally, However, efforts should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only very extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable.

Just because a rating or feat is the highest the verse as seen up until that point does not make it an outlier. More than one character scaling to a high tiered feat doesn't make it an outlier. Scaling more than one special attack does not make it an outlier. Y'all use this outlier argument when you see something too high and don't like it.

One staff member's takeaway on how we judge cosmic creation isn't exactly enticing. And I disagree with that anyway.

A creation feat is blatantly that, a creation feat. Now whether or not the feat is an outlier or causes major inconsistencies in tiering and scaling is a completely different situation, but that doesnt change the fact that the feat, for in and of what itself is, would be a creation feat. Theres 0 reason to believe that the contents within said realm are magically outside of it and the space-time is some transparent dimensional space where things outside of the realm are seen.

That rises to a level of mental gymnastics and logic not implied anywhere within the given series, and its the exact same case here with Naruto.
Yes, I agree, a creation feat is a creation feat. I am not making this thread to say otherwise, I am making this thread to consistency check the site.

I'll say it again for any confused, just because a creation feat scales to your regular statistics, does not make it an outlier or an inconsistency. However, you cannot tell me that Kaguya absorbing Shinobi Alliance chakra amping her AP trillions of times via ETSO is 100% consistent and not an outlier, and not apply the same generosity to other verses. It's plain hypocrisy.

Kaguya's chakra >>>>>> weaker form juubi chakra = small planetary worth of chakra >>>>> Shinobi Alliance chakra btw. But currently we accept Kaguya absorbing a peon amount of chakra can amp her trillions of times and not be an outlier. Which I'm not inherently against, as long as we are consistent with that mindset.

This argument feels a little off topic..

All the OP is asking is for consistency.. nothing else..

Anyways with the example with NNT, I heard that there were actual stars in the anime version of the demon realm that the DK made? If that's the case then I say treat it like Kaguya's ETSO. I don't see the point in downgrading when it's already been accepted for a concrete reason.

Yes, Noms gets it, this thread is a consistency check. It's no spite thread, as you can see by the OP I was genuinely curious why Kaguya's High 4-C was fine when it is based solely on a creation statement and a visual.

Edit: I'll be gone for a couple days here shortly, I prolly won't be able to respond, but I'll try and follow the thread.

Last edited:
Not relevant at all to the accuracy of the rating.
And the accuracy of the rating is just fine when excluding this, no offense, ridiculous notion thats literally never been a thing on this site. And isn't.
If that's the case Yhwach and those who scale to him should be 3-A to Low 2-C since Yhwach is stated capable of creating the Bleach universe. SD and DK should be somewhere in tier 4 (depending how many stars are in their skies) for being able to create their realms.
I don't care about Yhwach, SD or DK, or however their verses cosmologies are accepted as, because they are completely irrelevant to this matter of Kaguya's ETSO.

Theres absolutely nothing suggesting her stars aren't present inside her dimension and you have nothing from the series that hints to such an implication.
Literally, all Kaguya has is a creation statement + a visual of a star in her realm. Same exact case for SD and DK, they have visuals of stars in their realms and a creation statement. Same case for Yhwach, their are visuals of stars in the realms (plus confirmation that the stars exist) and a creation statement.
Stop with this whataboutism, because its going nowhere.

Also, your conveniently forgetting the fact that Kaguya doesn't just have a statement of creation, but as well as the fact that those time-spaces are confirmed to be HER dimensions. On top of a datebook entry, which we accept her, specifying the feat being capable of such a creation.

If all you're going to do is mention other verses and false equivalencies here as an effort to try discrediting this for ETSO, then you might as well cease and desist this thread.
So Kaguya with a little bit of Shinobi alliance chakra can make an attack that scales trillions of times above anything else she has, but it's not an outlier because it's a special attack? Uh no.
Uh, yes? Thats exactly how it works. Its an attack that doesnt back scale to Kaguya in any way, shape or form. It's an attack that scales to no one in any way, shape or form. Its a one time PREPARATION attack that operates at its own level of power, separate from Kaguyas normal level of strength. An outlier doesnt work like that.

What would be an outlier is if the move scaled to Kaguya normally, suggesting her normal attacks operate at tier 4 levels, which would be inconsistent. But that isn't the case.

Something that scales to itself, and only to itself, can never be an outlier. Thats literally defeating the purpose and textbook definition of what an outlier is.
I'm beginning to wonder if you know what an outlier is. Really big number for attack potency =/= outlier.
And im beginning to wonder if you know what it is, because thats not how an outlier works. An outlier is when a feat is inconsistent compared to the normal consistent amount of feats a character has and the level those feats operate at. Now tell me, how is something that doesnt scale to the character fall under that? The answer is that it doesnt.

If Kaguya was scaled to it? Then it would be an outlier, because its inconsistent compared to her normal level of power, tier 5. But it doesnt. It's its own thing entirely.
Just because a rating or feat is the highest the verse as seen up until that point does not make it an outlier.
Literally not what I said here, at all.

I said the feat isn't an outlier because it doesnt scale to anyone but itself. Not because the feat is the highest epitome of power the verse has shown.
More than one character scaling to a high tiered feat doesn't make it an outlier. Scaling more than one special attack does not make it an outlier. Y'all use this outlier argument when you see something too high and don't like it.
Then argue for those characters ratings and stop trying to pull a whataboutism here with Kaguya's ETSO.
I'll say it again for any confused, just because a creation feat scales to your regular statistics, does not make it an outlier or an inconsistency. However, you cannot tell me that Kaguya absorbing Shinobi Alliance chakra amping her AP trillions of times via ETSO is 100% consistent and not an outlier, and not apply the same generosity to other verses. It's plain hypocrisy.
Again, actually take a minute and read the freaking thread Arc.

Kaguyas case is entirely different from those verses you want to name here, because SHE DOESNT SCALE to the ETSO. How many times does this need to be said before this gets hammered in? She, nor does anyone else in Naruto, scales to the attack. The attack scales to nothing but itself, which is why it gets a separate rating while Kaguya herself is far inferior to it as a tier 5 being.

The ETSO has separate scaling from Kaguya. It is not the same case as these verses you want to claim aren't outliers.

Being a "one time prep attack that doesn't scale to anyone that's above anything in the verse" =/= not an outlier.
Being an "attack that scales regularly to multiple characters to anyone that's above anything in the verse" =/= not an outlier.

Scaling to characters does not make something an outlier, please go over this site's definition of what an outlier is.

"But but but Arc if they have consistent feats that are a different tier than it's an outlier." Roshi says hi. Feats are not limiters, else Vegito Blue would be building level, adult Nard and Sauce would be tier 9 for only producing tier 9 feats while going "all out", etc etc etc. DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc all have much more tier 9 to 8 feats than tier 6/5/4/3 feats, so all those higher feats must be outliers.

Justify to me why absorbing chakra from a chakra source that is exponentially less than her own chakra pool being able to amp her AP trillions of times is not an outlier, because I avidly remember you saying jumping many, many orders of magnitude above anything prior shown in the verse is unbelievable and outlierish.

Being a "one time prep attack that doesn't scale to anyone that's above anything in the verse" =/= not an outlier.
And thats where you, are in fact, very wrong. An outlier cannot exist without the feat scaling to the characters in question. Saying otherwise is blatantly ignoring the idea of a characters feat portrayal.

ETSO is not a feat for Kaguya, period. It is not factored into her feats. It's not an outlier for her as its not a feat for her in the first place.
Being an "attack that scales regularly to multiple characters to anyone that's above anything in the verse" =/= not an outlier.

Scaling to characters does not make something an outlier, please go over this site's definition of what an outlier is.
Then again, go argue for those characters to be upgraded. I don't give a shit if they are or are not. Whataboutism is not an argument.
"But but but Arc if they have consistent feats that are a different tier than it's an outlier." Roshi says hi. Feats are not limiters, else Vegito Blue would be building level,
Blatant misuse of the Area of Effect fallacy and ignoring the entire basis of AP. Not worth addressing.
adult Nard and Sauce would be tier 9 for only producing tier 9 feats while going "all out", etc etc etc. DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc all have much more tier 9 to 8 feats than tier 6/5/4/3 feats, so all those higher feats must be outliers.
See above.
Justify to me why absorbing chakra from a chakra source that is exponentially less than her own chakra pool being able to amp her AP trillions of times is not an outlier, because I avidly remember you saying jumping many, many orders of magnitude above anything prior shown in the verse is unbelievable and outlierish.
Its outerlish when the feat FOR THE CHARACTER is many magnitudes above where they are. So if a regular tier 5 being had one existing feat of something around 3-C, the latter is an outlier, as it is not consistent.

It is not at all the same thing when a feat is done with PREPARATION and power separate from the characters own normal statistics. This should blatantly be obvious, but somehow, your glossing over this.

And thats where you, are in fact, very wrong. An outlier cannot exist without the feat scaling to the characters in question. Saying otherwise is blatantly ignoring the idea of a characters feat portrayal.

ETSO is not a feat for Kaguya, period. It is not factored into her feats. It's not an outlier for her.
No, an outlier is anything that is irreconcilably inconsistent with a character's portrayal. If it can be reconciled, it is not an outlier. You don't need additional scaling to characters for an outlier to arrive. Any irreconcilably inconsistent showing is an outlier.

When a character performs a feat, it is a feat for them, the specifics of the feat determine the specifics of the scaling. But yes ETSO is Kaguya's feat.

Then again, go argue for those characters to be upgraded. I don't give a shit if they are or are not. Whataboutism is not an argument.
Blatant misuse of the Area of Effect fallacy and ignoring the entire basis of AP. Not worth addressing.
See above.
The point of me bringing up the Roshi stuff and the "tier 9 shounen" was to show how bad the "this feat is above these other feats so it's an outlier" argument is.

Its outerlish when the feat FOR THE CHARACTER is many magnitudes above where they are. So if a regular tier 5 being had one existing feat of something around 3-C, the latter is an outlier, as it is not consistent.

It is not at all the same thing when a feat is done with PREPARATION and power separate from the characters own normal statistics. This should blatantly be obvious, but somehow, your glossing over this.
Being much higher than your other feats =/= outlier. Being irreconcilably inconsistent = outlier. Being a higher tiered feat than other feats in the verse and scaling to your statistics =/= outlier. Scaling to tier 4 off statements and losing to a character that is stated to cap out at tier 6 = outlierish.

If we are in agreement with specifically this ^ then we've reached an understanding.

No, an outlier is anything that is irreconcilably inconsistent with a character's portrayal.
Then its a good thing its not a portrayal for Kaguya, because it's not a feat for her.
If it can be reconciled, it is not an outlier. You don't need additional scaling to characters for an outlier to arrive. Any irreconcilably inconsistent showing is an outlier.
Yes, you do. Because the feat is isolated from everything else except itself. So it doesnt matter what tier Kaguya or anyone else, or whats consistent for them, because this feat has nothing to do with them.

The only way you can argue this to be an outlier is to argue ETSO itself not being consistently tier 4. Which isn't something you can argue here.
When a character performs a feat, it is a feat for them, the specifics of the feat determine the specifics of the scaling. But yes ETSO is Kaguya's feat.
It isn't her feat, because then Kaguya wouldn't be tier 4 specifically with it only. She'd be tier 4 all around with all of her normal attacks.
The point of me bringing up the Roshi stuff and the "tier 9 shounen" was to show how bad the "this feat is above these other feats so it's an outlier" argument is.
You do realize a feat isn't solely defined by area of effect...right?
Being much higher than your other feats =/= outlier. Being irreconcilably inconsistent = outlier.
Thats literally the same thing as each other...but okay.
Being a higher tiered feat than other feats in the verse and scaling to your statistics =/= outlier. Scaling to tier 4 off statements and losing to a character that is stated to cap out at tier 6 = outlierish.
See above. Kaguya does not at all scale to ETSO, so the latter is already an irrelevant point to this.

Where the hell is this "some chakra from the shinobi allies forces that her own dwarfs" stuff coming from, again?

If chakra they got from the trees of life they plant was a trillionth or less of their power, why the hell would they put so much effort into getting them? She was making it specifically to beat another Otsutsuki.

One she considered stronger than herself and actively feared. She isn't EVER going to waste thousands of years on some pointless shit like that.
No, an outlier is anything that is irreconcilably inconsistent with a character's portrayal. If it can be reconciled, it is not an outlier. You don't need additional scaling to characters for an outlier to arrive. Any irreconcilably inconsistent showing is an outlier.

Yeah, ETSO being her literal "this is everything I have and my max power output" ability. You don't scale specifically stronger techniques to anything else. You wouldn't say Naruto is generally tier 4 if he did that ultimate technique he used against Sasuke at valley of the end, mixing together 3 kurama avatars and a few of his strongest rasenshuriken if it hurt someone stronger than himself but he couldn't normally. That doesn't make it an outlier either.

Being much higher than your other feats =/= outlier. Being irreconcilably inconsistent = outlier. Being a higher tiered feat than other feats in the verse and scaling to your statistics =/= outlier. Scaling to tier 4 off statements and losing to a character that is stated to cap out at tier 6 = outlierish.

If we are in agreement with specifically this ^ then we've reached an understanding.
How the hell is having a specifically stronger technique an outlier? Is Goku hurting someone stronger than him with a charged Kamehameha an outlier because his normal punches didn't hurt them? This logic defeats the idea of having techniques that are stronger than your general output.

Thats literally the same thing as each other...but okay.
No, because by that logic Vegito Blue is tier 9/8 cuz that's his most consistent feats.

If you think these two are the same: "Having a feat much higher than your other feats =/= outlier. Being irreconcilably inconsistent = outlier." That's an issue.

How the hell is having a specifically stronger technique an outlier? Is Goku hurting someone stronger than him with a charged Kamehameha an outlier because his normal punches didn't hurt them? This logic defeats the idea of having techniques that are stronger than your general output.
Lol no I specifically agree with this. This thread is a consistency check, cuz I was curious why Kaguya can get High 4-C with ETSO, but SD and DK from NNT can't scale to their realm creation.

Also, my question with the ETSO is why do we consider Kaguya's chakra + Shinobi Alliance chakra to be trillions of times above what Kaguya's chakra can produce not an outlier? When we know Shinobi Alliance chakra is negligable in comparison.

Like others said earlier in the thread the default assumption for realms with celestial objects in the sky isn’t that they’re in the same solar system or universe without further context.

Although proving those dots in the sky are actual celestial objects is often what would need to be proven from what I’ve seen.

So, I am not going to reply again or argue is circles just address key points.
My following issue with that is, by precedence, seeing a star in the sky doesn’t mean that star is contained within said realm.
That's not how it works, at least in VSB. Everything you see in a Dimension is the content of said Dimension until you prove it's not the case.

Your assumption here makes Kaguya's
Space-Time some kind of region in the Universe that is isolated but still has transparent borders which enable its characters to see the rest of the Universe.
Heavy assumption this is.
Of course if there’s a statement that specifically states that said star is indeed a part of Kaguya’s dimension, then by all means drop that scan and debunk my entire thread.
Again, not how it works here, you have to prove that the contents of X Dimension don't exist in that Dimension.

Kaguya's Ice Dimension is big enough to contain a Planet with Day and Night Cycle, and two Moons.
Her Core Dimension had enough space to launch a satellite into Orbit.
These are actual non made up facts.

No, because by that logic Vegito Blue is tier 9/8 cuz that's his most consistent feats.
Based off literally what? The area of which is destroyed? Again, abuse of the AoE fallacy.
If you think these two are the same: "Having a feat much higher than your other feats =/= outlier. Being irreconcilably inconsistent = outlier." That's an issue.
A feat being much higher than your other consistent feat portrayals can make the former inconsistent, yes. Unless of course context says otherwise on that, but that is a case by case basis.

Okay, so what was the actual point in making this thread? You know context differs for each respective series, so if the context supports an upgrade, then follow through with it and try upgrading them.

Dont pull in another verse to try and discredit another one.

Okay, so what was the actual point in making this thread? You know context differs for each respective series, so if the context supports an upgrade, then follow through with it and try upgrading them.

Dont pull in another verse to try and discredit another one.
A consistency check is perfectly valid.

I was curious as to why we accept Kaguya getting a little bit of chakra amping her trillions of times through the ETSO as not an outlier. Also curious why the two gods of the NNT verse being stated to create their realms is disregarded when it’s not for Kaguya.

Whether, that means DK and SD have it marked on their profiles as scaling to their regular stats or only via realm creation was irrelevant.

I found it odd that everything in Naruto is barely tier 5, but Kaguya is allowed to scale to a tier 4 feat with a tiny chakra amp. So I brought it up.

Ofc I’ll hear others out on this as well.

this might be relevant

unknown.png

Hapi breaks down possible issues with the most used translation of the etso from the databook

As far as I understand, the purpose of arc is to draw attention to the inconsistencies in this post and vs battle. but unfortunately, when we express these inconsistencies, we hear a discourse such as "do not confuse another verse". I think it will.

I dpmt
I was curious as to why we accept Kaguya getting a little bit of chakra amping her trillions of times through the ETSO as not an outlier. Also curious why the two gods of the NNT verse being stated to create their realms is disregarded when it’s not for Kaguya.
Because, again, Kaguyas rating does not conflict with the consistent tiering and scaling set forth in the context of Naruto, because she doesnt scale to her ETSO. Its a one time technique thats only tier 4 with preparation, power that she cannot use normally as regular attacks. A prep only single attack is not an outlier for her normal stats.

And if the move did scale to her, then it would be considered an outlier. But it doesnt scale, so its not.

As said multiple times before, this situation is completely different than whatever NNT was trying to do when the latter case was trying to make their god tiers scale to tier 4 (or higher) overall and not just under some specific unique condition.

As far as I understand, the purpose of arc is to draw attention to the inconsistencies in this post and vs battle. but unfortunately, when we express these inconsistencies, we hear a discourse such as "do not confuse another verse". I think it will.
I also find it strange how we get a High 4-C jutsu from combining a 5-C chakra source (Kaguya) with a tier 6 chakra source (Shinobi Alliance). But maybe that’s just me, who knows.

This thread's premise is an absolute joke.

And can people please stop with the "But but b-but, X series didn't get the tier for this reason!!!".
Imagine if I spoke to staff like this, I’d probably get banned… oh wait…

Kaguya: stated to be able to create realm with ETSO -> gets High 4-C via ETSO

SD and DK: stated to be able to create realm that contains stars -> doesn’t even get tier 4 via unknown realm creation technique/environmental destruction or whatever -> gets mocked instead

Show consistency and there won’t be an issue. If I find a stance or argument hypocritical based on precedence set within this wiki, I’m going to call it out. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, but don’t use “whataboutism” as an excuse to cover up inconsistencies in your logic.

Last edited:
Imagine if I spoke to staff like this, I’d probably get banned… oh wait…
You wouldn't. Don't be a snowflake.
Kaguya: stated to be able to create realm with ETSO -> gets High 4-C via ETSO

SD and DK: stated to be able to create realm that contains stars -> doesn’t even get tier 4 via unknown realm creation technique/environmental destruction or whatever -> gets mocked instead

Show consistency and there won’t be an issue.
If you feel that they qualify then make a CRT. This thread is just whataboutisms mixed in with extremely illogical conclusions.

You wouldn't. Don't be a snowflake.
No I already was, for precisely this kind of behavior.

If you feel that they qualify then make a CRT. This thread is just whataboutisms mixed in with extremely illogical conclusions.
No no, don’t try to sweep everything under the rug as a whataboutism.

While you’re here I’m curious what your thoughts on a 5-C chakra source (Kaguya) + a tier 6 chakra source (Shinobi Alliance) producing a High 4-C jutsu. To me that doesn’t add up.

Asking a good question 🤝 is told the thread is a joke 👍🏽 lol real mature
I’m on a roll with staff calling my threads jokes

What is this logic, why wouldnt the star be a part of her dimension?

Also if the 7ds have stars in their created dimension(and of course evidence that they created it) sure I guess they can have star level with their dimension creation or whatever.

no offensive Arc but this is a nonsense argument.

following issue with that is, by precedence, seeing a star in the sky doesn’t mean that star is contained within said realm.

The assumption that if a star is visible from the space you're existing in means that it's most likely in the same space doesn't even require Occam's razor as it's fairly obvious, the only time scepticism should be used is when there is information that would imply otherwise. Your alternative requires far more assumptions so id put the burden of proof on you to provide evidence that the star exists in a separate timespace while still being visible and bright and casting shadows that isn't speculative.

> If that wasn’t the case then we’d have Large Star level Demon King and Supreme Deity from Nanatsu no Taizai, among plenty of other verses that have realms with stars in the sky.

whataboutism isn't an argument, go upgrade Demon King and Nanatsu no Taizai to High 4-C then if you think they are being treated unfairly.

Also it would be the other way round, if the DK and SD are to get star level overall for creating dimensions then so should kaguya and the god tiers of naruto get upgraded lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back