• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Juujika No Rokunin Hax & Abilities

Where did you get this? couldn’t this help with context in other feats
@

alright so the summary of the chapter we have at hand is not hermeneutic which is the assumption here, it appears that the party that takes an opposition to my stance seems to believe that the only existing interpretation based on the summary's translation is that reo killed the gunmen with an AK

i believe that the interpretation about the marks being made by reo physically is superior than the interpretation about reo using an AK from distance to take out the gunmen

first of all, using the source for the sumary that was provided earlier, there are a couple contradictions with the interpretation about the gunshots being made through reo using an AK

the own website's summary that the opposite stance is using as a basis for their argument has a very obvious contradiction towards their premise

''A loud gunshot echoes.'' (scan 1)
literally the first sentence of the chapters summary already makes the stance about the marks being made by reo phyiscally a more superior interpretation, gunshot in singular form indicates, well, obvioulsy a single gunshot

the opposing party provided a mistranslation to back up their stance, dont know if that was intentional or not
(see scan 2)
in the japanese version, this is the sequence of characters that we have:
(see scan 3)
''激しい銃声が響き渡る。'' or Hageshī jūsei ga hibiki wataru. which translates to ''A loud gunshot echoes.'', once again gunshot in singular form

each gunman had 4 marks on their back while a single gunshot was fired which makes the ''reo killed the gunmen via firing an ak'' already illogical, a more logical interpretation would be the first gunman firing and the rest of them following along with the action once they've heard the signal, it doesnt make sense for them to start firing at the same time, obviously they'd follow after the first gunshot, now here im interpreting this feat as the first gunman attempting to fire his first shot and reo moving the AK's trajectory & finishing off the other gunmen, which would logically fall under the timeframe that we are using, (0.029s) since the other 3 gunmen cant react to the first gunman firing in such a short timeframe

the secondary argument the opposing party provides is an untranslated japanese scan and them claiming that those characters indicate gunshots, im not even gonna conted to this as they havent evidenced that argument properly yet, i also feel like the first argument that i already went over was the main one.

All translated using deepL. Which is the best translator it says the same thing “fierce Gunshot through the air”

-hyou (i dont have an account, i just made one and im waiting for it to get approved so ill argue through clout)

Last edited:
@

alright so the summary of the chapter we have at hand is not hermeneutic which is the assumption here, it appears that the party that takes an opposition to my stance seems to believe that the only existing interpretation based on the summary's translation is that reo killed the gunmen with an AK

i believe that the interpretation about the marks being made by reo physically is superior than the interpretation about reo using an AK from distance to take out the gunmen

first of all, using the source for the sumary that was provided earlier, there are a couple contradictions with the interpretation about the gunshots being made through reo using an AK

the own website's summary that the opposite stance is using as a basis for their argument has a very obvious contradiction towards their premise

literally the first sentence of the chapters summary already makes the stance about the marks being made by reo phyiscally a more superior interpretation, gunshot in singular form indicates, well, obvioulsy a single gunshot

the opposing party provided a mistranslation to back up their stance, dont know if that was intentional or not
(see scan 2)
(see scan 3)
''激しい銃声が響き渡る。'' or Hageshī jūsei ga hibiki wataru. which translates to ''A loud gunshot echoes.'', once again gunshot in singular form

each gunman had 4 marks on their back while a single gunshot was fired which makes the ''reo killed the gunmen via firing an ak'' already illogical, a more logical interpretation would be the first gunman firing and the rest of them following along with the action once they've heard the signal, it doesnt make sense for them to start firing at the same time, obviously they'd follow after the first gunshot, now here im interpreting this feat as the first gunman attempting to fire his first shot and reo moving the AK's trajectory & finishing off the other gunmen, which would logically fall under the timeframe that we are using, (0.029s) since the other 3 gunmen cant react to the first gunman firing in such a short timeframe

the secondary argument the opposing party provides is an untranslated japanese scan and them claiming that those characters indicate gunshots, im not even gonna conted to this as they havent evidenced that argument properly yet, i also feel like the first argument that i already went over was the main one

-hyou (i dont have an account, i just made one and im waiting for it to get approved so ill argue through clout)

@DMUA

@

(see scan 2)
(see scan 3)

the secondary argument the opposing party provides is an untranslated japanese scan and them claiming that those characters indicate gunshots, im not even gonna conted to this as they havent evidenced that argument properly yet, i also feel like the first argument that i already went over was the main one.

All translated using deepL. Which is the best translator it says the same thing “fierce Gunshot through the air”

You used "translate this website" which is not accurate. The translation says gunfire. Let me explain.

1. "激しい銃声" (hageshii juusei) translates to "intense gunfire." The word "激しい" (hageshii) indicates a high degree of intensity, signifying that the gunfire was forceful and vigorous. This implies a rapid succession of shots rather than a singular sound. So it wouldnt even make sense for it to be a single gunshot.
  2. "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) means "to echo" or "to resound." In this context, it suggests that the sound of the gunfire is spreading throughout the surroundings. The usage of this verb implies a sustained and prolonged series of gunshots, rather than a single shot that would quickly dissipate.

@

(see scan 2)
(see scan 3)

"A loud gunshot echoes" isnt an accurate translation, I am japanese and have great knowledge on how the language works, in japanese the context will change ALOT OF THINGS, let me explain:

1. Singular vs. Plural Interpretation: While the phrase "激しい銃声が響き渡る" (Hageshii juusei ga hibikiwataru) can be translated as "A loud gunshot echoes," it is important to consider the linguistic context and the use of grammar in Japanese. In Japanese, the absence of plural markers does not necessarily indicate a singular subject. The lack of explicit plural forms is common in Japanese grammar, and the meaning can be inferred from the broader context.
  2. Verb Agreement and Context: The verb "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) in the phrase "激しい銃声が響き渡る" is in the present tense and modifies the noun "銃声" (juusei), meaning "gunfire." This verb form suggests a continuous action rather than a single instance. In this context, "響き渡る" implies the reverberation or spread of the sound of gunfire, which aligns with the interpretation of multiple gunshots.

You used "translate this website" which is not accurate. The translation says gunfire. Let me explain.

1. "激しい銃声" (hageshii juusei) translates to "intense gunfire." The word "激しい" (hageshii) indicates a high degree of intensity, signifying that the gunfire was forceful and vigorous. This implies a rapid succession of shots rather than a singular sound. So it wouldnt even make sense for it to be a single gunshot.
  2. "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) means "to echo" or "to resound." In this context, it suggests that the sound of the gunfire is spreading throughout the surroundings. The usage of this verb implies a sustained and prolonged series of gunshots, rather than a single shot that would quickly dissipate.
alright so before i even get to your main argument, i'll slap a quick appeal to authority fallacy on your opener, i dont see the need of mentioning that you are japanese when arguing lingustic interpretations, you are just attempting to add falsified credibility to your stance since you're using your identity as a native japanese speaker and your claim about having great knowledge of the language to enhance the reliability of your argument, expertise in the language or being a native speaker doesnt automatically make someones interpretation or argument more valid or accurate

next, lets move on to your two AI generated arguments

you are claiming that the absence of plural markers doesnt necessarily indicate a singular subject in japanese, that claim alone doesnt change anything, you havent provided any specific evidence or examples from the text or ''broader context'' to support the interpretation of multiple gunshots, you have yet to provide additional linguistic or contextual evidence to actually push that interpretation, make sure you actually read your arguments and use your own brain instead of just slapping whatever chatgpt dropped in the thread, it looks like you didnt provide enough context of the debate when you were giving your input so the AI wasn't aware of the previous linguistic context i already went over
my stance is way more logical, ill quickly summarize why
a. the summary of the chapter states, "激しい銃声が響き渡る" ("A loud gunshot echoes") which indicates a singular gunshot, as the translation suggests, this line of reasoning is more logical since the marks on the backs of the gunmen are mentioned, with each gunman having four marks, that detail aligns with the interpretation that the marks were made by physical attacks rather than by multiple gunshots from a distance, if there were multiple gunshots, it would be unusual for each gunman to have the same number of marks on their backs on the same spots
b. the logical sequence of events supports the interpretation of a single gunshot, its more reasonable to assume that the first gunman fired a shot, alerting the others, and then reo physically incapacitated the remaining gunmen, leaving marks on their backs within the assumed timeframe which also makes sense since the gunmen wouldnt react to the first gunmans shot within such a short timeframe

okay so ur arguing that the verb "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) in the phrase "激しい銃声が響き渡る" implies a continuous action, suggesting the reverberation or spread of the sound of gunfire.
a. theres two issues with this, although the present tense verb "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) suggests a continuous action, it doesnt explicitly indicate the number of gunshots fired, the reverberation or spread of a single gunshot can very well also be described using this verb form.
b. using that as the core of your argument to support the intepretation of multiple gunshots is logically contradicted going off of context, you're solely focusing on linguistic, or maybe the AI you are using didn't receive enough input, just the linguistic possibility that you are asserting isnt conclusive evidence and i already went over the inconsistencies of your linguistic line, other factors such as the marks on the gunmen's backs and the logical sequence of events that i went over hold the logical edge in contextual sense

in conclusion, my interpretation currently carries more weight in contextual logical sense and regarding about the linguistic aspect just opens an indeterminacy (truth or validity of different interpretations cant be definitively established due to a lack of sufficient evidence)

-- hyou (clout's friend) (my account still hasnt been accepted)

alright so before i even get to your main argument, i'll slap a quick appeal to authority fallacy on your opener, i dont see the need of mentioning that you are japanese when arguing lingustic interpretations, you are just attempting to add falsified credibility to your stance since you're using your identity as a native japanese speaker and your claim about having great knowledge of the language to enhance the reliability of your argument, expertise in the language or being a native speaker doesnt automatically make someones interpretation or argument more valid or accurate

you are claiming that the absence of plural markers doesnt necessarily indicate a singular subject in japanese, that claim alone doesnt change anything, you havent provided any specific evidence or examples from the text or ''broader context'' to support the interpretation of multiple gunshots, you have yet to provide additional linguistic or contextual evidence to actually push that interpretation, make sure you actually read your arguments and use your own brain instead of just slapping whatever chatgpt dropped in the thread, it looks like you didnt provide enough context of the debate when you were giving your input so the AI wasn't aware of the previous linguistic context i already went over
a. the summary of the chapter states, "激しい銃声が響き渡る" ("A loud gunshot echoes") which indicates a singular gunshot, as the translation suggests, this line of reasoning is more logical since the marks on the backs of the gunmen are mentioned, with each gunman having four marks, that detail aligns with the interpretation that the marks were made by physical attacks rather than by multiple gunshots from a distance, if there were multiple gunshots, it would be unusual for each gunman to have the same number of marks on their backs on the same spots
b. the logical sequence of events supports the interpretation of a single gunshot, its more reasonable to assume that the first gunman fired a shot, alerting the others, and then reo physically incapacitated the remaining gunmen, leaving marks on their backs within the assumed timeframe which also makes sense since the gunmen wouldnt react to the first gunmans shot within such a short timeframe

okay so ur arguing that the verb "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) in the phrase "激しい銃声が響き渡る" implies a continuous action, suggesting the reverberation or spread of the sound of gunfire.
a. theres two issues with this, although the present tense verb "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru) suggests a continuous action, it doesnt explicitly indicate the number of gunshots fired, the reverberation or spread of a single gunshot can very well also be described using this verb form.
b. using that as the core of your argument to support the intepretation of multiple gunshots is logically contradicted going off of context, you're solely focusing on linguistic, or maybe the AI you are using didn't receive enough input, just the linguistic possibility that you are asserting isnt conclusive evidence and i already went over the inconsistencies of your linguistic line, other factors such as the marks on the gunmen's backs and the logical sequence of events that i went over hold the logical edge in contextual sense

in conclusion, my interpretation currently carries more weight in contextual logical sense and regarding about the linguistic aspect just opens an indeterminacy (truth or validity of different interpretations cant be definitively established due to a lack of sufficient evidence)

"i dont see the need of mentioning that you are japanese when arguing lingustic interpretations, you are just attempting to add falsified credibility to your stance since you're using your identity as a native japanese speaker and your claim about having great knowledge of the language to enhance the reliability of your argument"

I believe i said because i was the same person who debunked a mistranslation of Ayanokouji being supersonic and then the official translation being released having the same exact translation as mine, but thats not the point. I respect you and im not gonna use that as an argument sorry.

But its hilarious, first you say the paragraphs i wrote is ai, then still use the "gunshot" translation.

No matter what you say the real translation is still "gunfire", I said that a long time ago. U are using online website translators. We can even bring @Agnaa to this conversation who is known and also knows japanese. The translation does not say "Gunshot" but "gunfire", which means = "the repeated firing of a gun or guns".

Thats a clear defintion of gunfire means.

Let me repeat myself, the word "銃声" (juusei) translates to "gunfire" or "sound of gunfire" and not "gunshot." So if we take the whole context into consideration the translation is "intense gunfire echoes" rather than "loud gunshot echoes.". I still dont know why you are arguing with this, you are using online translators which is literally the reason light novels have machine translation mistranslation etc and errors.

You are still arguing how its "gunshot". Its gunfire which means multiple gunshots. The verb used is "響き渡る" (hibikiwataru), which means it's a continuous action and the spreading of the sound of gunfire. This quite literally explains its multiple gunshots being fired, rather than a single gunshot😂

So again, taking into account the linguistic characteristics of the Japanese language and the specific usage of "響き渡る," the "gunshot translation is wrong and "gunfire" is a more accurate

Again, its funny how you said this was "Ai" when I wrote this by myself, and idk if you're acting like your friend is typing for u but i dont want u to get banned it might be against TOS if your account is still on hold, because of "sock puppet". If its your friend tell him to wait until his account is accepted because some dude got banned that way.

Hi @Maruishimaryishi @Ningenron @Makai64100 @TheNinthHour @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Apparently this guy thinks im using ai for my arguments in this translation.

I have a pretty good understanding in the japanese language and my argument is that this summary explains how a loud gunfire echoes, which is multiple shots. But the guy i am arguing with says its "gunshot". a single gunshot

Here is the translation and my explanation:

• "激しい銃声" (hageshii juusei) translates to "intense gunfire." The word "激しい" (hageshii) means that the firing was aggressive and strong. This means that there were a series of quick shots rather than a single sound. It wouldn't make sense if there had been only one gunshot.
Gunfire is even the definition of multiple shots.

Here is the image context.

There are 3 shots om the dude in the middle. So you believe Reo giving 4 holes in 3 dudes is better interpretation than her spraying the men? Well okay then.

There are 3 shots om the dude in the middle. So you believe Reo giving 4 holes in 3 dudes is better interpretation than her spraying the men? Well okay then.
Well we’re way off topic. Either way. We can make a thread to see which interpretation is better after the hax bit.

Well we’re way off topic. Either way. We can make a thread to see which interpretation is better after the hax bit.
You are going to look dumb when u make a thread, tag the guys I tagged in the thread. Because this whole argument makes no sense. Your friend apparently thinks my paragraphs are ai generated, i dont know why he thinks that.

When we look at the Japanese language, the absence of clear markers for plural forms doesn't always mean there is only one thing. To determine the true meaning, we need to consider the context and how language works in different situations. By doing so, we can arrive at a more accurate interpretation, and thats what I did but your arguments are dense😂 You are not getting it. You have to examine the entire text and to form a good understanding. So the interpretation based on the summary and marks on gunmen's backs: a. The summary stating "激しい銃声が響き渡る" as "A loud gunshot echoes" suggests a singular gunshot. But it's not even right.

The translation of "gunshot" is not the only possible interpretation, and "gunfire" aligns better with the linguistic and contextual analysis.

b. the logical sequence of events can not support the interpretation of a single gunshot followed by physical incapacitation 😂 3 men have 4 gun shots on their back and one in the middle has 3.
Its the sequence of multiple gunshots fired by Reo.

Again if a guy who doesnt have an account uses another account he can get banned from your account, I dont want that. I'll wait until his account gets accepted so I can debate him 1 on 1. Clearly doesnt understand 7th grade japanese

Last edited:
@Clout5560 Tell your friend here's another confirmed summary/blog that is japanese. Its confirmed Reo shot them so just go ahead and tell him that. Someone sent me him making a "meme" with my profile from the server with wanked feats, but whatever.

Link Summary

"Reo shot them" is enough

@Clout5560 Tell your friend here's another confirmed summary/blog that is japanese. Its confirmed Reo shot them so just go ahead and tell him that. Someone sent me him making a "meme" with my profile from the server with wanked feats, but whatever.

Link Summary

"Reo shot them" is enough
I took the feat off already.

im looking for people to accept the blog.

Urumas entire profile is a absolute travesty that needs to be reworked from the ground up to be honest.

Uruma Shun:
Remove :
Pain tolerance(No longer exist)
Durability negation(Should Be Replaced)
Mind manipulation (What?)

Correct. Especially the mind manipulation.

Add:
Pressure Points(Via Detachment)

This is fine

Someone posted a way better justification above but I have to adress this; This is bad. Not only isnt that fear manipulation in the first place, the same way threatening to kill someone to the point where they fear for their life isnt fear manipulation, this is pulled straight out of context. Uruma whooped the guys, judoka, ass in judo right before that. The guy is simply shocked that he lost against a beginner in judo

Also terrible and out of context. Uruma didnt become stronger, faster and more skilled during their fight. He literally just started to use Turning after he realized he coudnt win in straight Judo fight. Thanks to Turning, Kuga coudnt throw him anymore, rendering his Judo skills useless.

Learned all the techniques his father learnt in 3 years.)
*Grandfather and I disagree, 3 years of nonstop training to archieve what is basically special forces combat techniques is realistic for normal humans as well.

Acrobatics(Via The Turning)
Agreed

Uruma Shun Sr:
Remove:
Mind Manipulation
Pain Tolerance
No contention here, same deal as Uruma really.

Add :
Pressure Points(Learned Detachment)
Acrobatics(I think this qualifies as acrobatics!)
Agreed, additionally, Gramps should be able to use Turning as well, seeing as he teached Uruma that.

After Image Creation(Via This)
Neutral, depends on the rules regarding Afterimage Creation.

Resistance To Fear Inducement(Didn’t react to Andou’s craziness when even Uruma was freaked out)
Absolutly not. Being a psychopath is not Fear Manipulation, nor is not getting freaked out by one a Fear Manipulation resistance feat.

Shigoku Kyou
Add :
Manipulation skills(Manipulated Andou and the entire revolutionary club)
*Social Influencing but yeah, its his mainshtick.

Reo Suzuyama
Add :
Rage Power(Same Reason as Berserk Mode)

Require scans for that, dont remember it happening.

Fear Inducement(Via The Storch)

Jesus hell no. Torturing someone is not fear manipulation my god.

Kuga Daichi
Add :
Fear Inducement(Scared Everyone in the judo club )

As stupid. Kuga literally raped every female member of the club and hospitalized most male members. This is textbook "People fear for their life because of a tyrant"

Urumas entire profile is a absolute travesty that needs to be reworked from the ground up to be honest.

Correct. Especially the mind manipulation.

This is fine

Someone posted a way better justification above but I have to adress this; This is bad. Not only isnt that fear manipulation in the first place, the same way threatening to kill someone to the point where they fear for their life isnt fear manipulation, this is pulled straight out of context. Uruma whooped the guys, judoka, ass in judo right before that. The guy is simply shocked that he lost against a beginner in judo

Also terrible and out of context. Uruma didnt become stronger, faster and more skilled during their fight. He literally just started to use Turning after he realized he coudnt win in straight Judo fight. Thanks to Turning, Kuga coudnt throw him anymore, rendering his Judo skills useless.

*Grandfather and I disagree, 3 years of nonstop training to archieve what is basically special forces combat techniques is realistic for normal humans as well.

Agreed

No contention here, same deal as Uruma really.

Agreed, additionally, Gramps should be able to use Turning as well, seeing as he teached Uruma that.

Neutral, depends on the rules regarding Afterimage Creation.

Absolutly not. Being a psychopath is not Fear Manipulation, nor is not getting freaked out by one a Fear Manipulation resistance feat.

*Social Influencing but yeah, its his mainshtick.

Require scans for that, dont remember it happening.

Jesus hell no. Torturing someone is not fear manipulation my god.

As stupid. Kuga literally raped every female member of the club and hospitalized most male members. This is textbook "People fear for their life because of a tyrant”
Won’t argue I see your points. I’ll delete them shortly. Also, are you a content mod that can accept them considering your retired?

also. I don’t think Uruma’s profile needs any reworking. Other than some weird hax choices made by the previous owners of the verse.

Last edited:
Won’t argue I see your points. I’ll delete them shortly. Also, are you a content mod that can accept them considering your retired?

also. I don’t think Uruma’s profile needs any reworking. Other than some weird hax choices made by the previous owners of the verse.
...Do you know what retired means? It means that i am no longer a mod of any kind. Not that I was a mod that could get threads accepted in the first place mind you.

Back