• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Hax/ Ability Additions Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which staff members have agreed with what here previously?

Part of the revision added some controversial positions that has large implications on future CRTs and thus should have more staff approval:
[[Non-Physical Interaction]] (Applies to concepts (Type 3), souls, and information (Type 2). Cursed energy both births cursed spirits (and also [[ humans]), and allows interaction with them. Certain spirits being able concepts realized by collective consciousness/unconsciousness of humans without active control over cursed energy. All of this of course being underlined by information that cursed energy can also interact with. Cursed energy also being needed to exorcise spirits. A "curse" as defined by Kenjaku (one of the most knowledgeable people in the series) being something bordering " dream and reality]" which harkens back to Sukuna's interaction with Yuji] as the latter was dying, both existing in a different state of time than reality)
[[Void Manipulation]] ([ By combining the polar opposite infinities of Red and Blue]<ref name="HOLLOW PURPLE">Jujutsu Kaisen: Chapter 75</ref>, [ Gojo is able to create Hollow Purple], an imaginary mass which he fires at his opponents to erase them from reality. Such properties are given "[ void]" [ characteristics] and seen cleaving through anything it encompasses without any environmental impact that would denote a physical process. This also works on cursed spirits, which are conceptual in nature)

Particularly:
1- Cursed Spirits being Type 3 concepts
2- Hollow Purple erasing opponents and concepts from reality

Both have been controversial in Part 1 and Part 2 of the revision with nothing resembling a consensus. Also, the current profiles for Cursed Spirits claim that they are Abstract Existences without mentioning that they are conceptual in nature. Can these parts be removed to facilitate a more dedicated CRT on these topics?

I would prefer to only call me about things like calcs (AP, LS and Speed). I really don't like to debate JJK's hax, whats somehow funny, since what turns the verse special is it powers

Okay. I will have a hard time remembering that though.

I don't know that anything has been added. @Shey mentioned they would be getting to it, but a big problem is the verse has a lot of threads that have no JjK Mods. Speaking frankly, I believe that the verse needs more mods, or stuff will probably continue to lag.

As for Shadow's concerns, none of them are valid. Type 3 concept stuff was accepted long ago in my staff thread for concept/info manip, and the Erasure stuff was evidenced in this very thread and accepted by staff and knowledgeable members. So those considerations being brought up are moot.

As for Shadow's concerns, none of them are valid. Type 3 concept stuff was accepted long ago in my staff thread for concept/info manip, and the Erasure stuff was evidenced in this very thread and accepted by staff and knowledgeable members. So those considerations being brought up are moot.
Are you refeering to this thread? It has been noted in the thread that Jujutsu Kaisen "shouldn't be a part of this discussion". While the thread opened the door for localized concepts, the nature of Cursed Spirits and whether they qualify is still not resolved through a CRT.
There was also minimum staff input or evaluation by your own admission, and the claim is found questionable by knowledgeable members. So perhaps there should be discussion and evaluation on disputed points before editing them in?

What are the conclusions here so far as well as the reasonings for them?

What are the conclusions here so far as well as the reasonings for them?
The thread has been concluded for some time. It can be closed. We will be making edits soon, but as stated previously, the lack of mods for the verse has caused a halt to things. Please look into securing a mod(s) for the verse to help smooth the transitions.

Well, it is likely outside of my jurisdiction to tell our moderators to read fictions that they are not interested in...

Well, it is likely outside of my jurisdiction to tell our moderators to read fictions that they are not interested in...
Mod a respectable member of the community who already reads it. I think @Shey would be a good choice. I'm sure it's something you can look into when you are less busy. In the meantime, we will keep organizing necessary profile updates.

I am afraid that we do not promote members solely based on if they are familiar specific verses, unless we are in a crisis situation, and even then we must know that they are highly reliable, rational, and reasonable in general.

I am afraid that we do not promote members solely based on if they are familiar specific verses, unless we are in a crisis situation.
Just throwing some possible solutions out there since it's a pretty popular verse with a pretty glaring hole. However, ultimately, that will be for you and the staff to decide if/when to fix it. Wish you luck, this thread can be closed.

Okay. I will do so. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back