• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Updated this album. (Recommended to check the description boxes of the images sent there as they may or may not provide additional info or links)
Basically most of it is linking to other threads that shows and explains JJK characters displaying some martial art technique or stance in demonstration.
Some other scans include blatant martial arts statements in canon. (Aikido, Taido, etc)
And more.

While I doubt I'm missing any statements from any interview, fanbook or manga itself, do yall have anything in mind that I might have missed? Be it statements, some JJK character displaying some sort of martial arts stance or technique in the manga itself, and so on? Would appreciate some possible feedback if yall could come up with any. 👌

a fuckton of work

megumi-fushiguro.gif

with-this-treasure-i-summon-megumi.gif

jujutsu-kaisen-shibuya-arc-mahoraga-shibuya-arc.gif

Adapt to the work 🗣️💯

nothing to do
open my sandbox for JJK
a fuckton of work to do
i don't wanna do it

starman-superman.gif

Should probably add the martial arts every character is confirmed to use to their pages rather than just "Skilled Hand to Hand Combatant" pasted eveywhere
Oh yeah. Most of the scans in the imgur does have the name of what martial art was used/shown in the description boxes. I'll go back later and try to do it with every single one later on. Thanks.

Updated this album. (Recommended to check the description boxes of the images sent there as they may or may not provide additional info or links)
Basically most of it is linking to other threads that shows and explains JJK characters displaying some martial art technique or stance in demonstration.
Some other scans include blatant martial arts statements in canon. (Aikido, Taido, etc)
And more.

While I doubt I'm missing any statements from any interview, fanbook or manga itself, do yall have anything in mind that I might have missed? Be it statements, some JJK character displaying some sort of martial arts stance or technique in the manga itself, and so on? Would appreciate some possible feedback if yall could come up with any. 👌

Time to put her against some Batgirl to test these skills

Maki already lost to Red Hood and he's inferior to Tim iirc
Eh, her loss again was more about equipment and his fighting style. Plus, just looking at his feats, he's not really exceptionally better at H2h than her. I assume it was just assumed because he's related to batman that he clearly outclassed her.

Eh, her loss again was more about equipment and his fighting style. Plus, just looking at his feats, he's not really exceptionally better at H2h than her. I assume it was just assumed because he's related to batman that he clearly outclassed her.
His feats are better though, holding his own against Batman and Nightwing is something Maki hasn't replicated in her verse at all, besides that he's stated a master combatant by Talia. Maki's the one with typical feats in h2h if anything, she beat up Mai, a weakling in combat, and then Miwa, a swordswoman with little experience. And if she couldn't outdo Red Hood, I doubt she's getting past the other Batfamily members.

JJK isn’t even a reference for hand to hand combat, I know a fuckton of comic characters who completely humiliate them.

Cassandra is in the top 5 of DC’s best hand to hand fighters, she stomps everyone in JJK and you can probably put all of them against her and she will beat them. She is THAT good.

The moment Maki thinks to make a move, Cass has already predicted everything from her and came up with hundreds of different ways to kill Maki with just a few movements.

Do you guys think Mahoraga would unironically adapt to his domain expansion by becoming a lawyer? I know anime filler isn't used but we're shown Mahoraga can adapt in skill against Sukuna in the Blu-ray version of their fight as Sukuna is literally clowning on Mahoraga for a vast majority of the fight until he adapts to his fighting style and begins going blow for blow with him in sheer martial arts.

His feats are better though, holding his own against Batman and Nightwing is something Maki hasn't replicated in her verse at all, besides that he's stated a master combatant by Talia. Maki's the one with typical feats in h2h if anything, she beat up Mai, a weakling in combat, and then Miwa, a swordswoman with little experience. And if she couldn't outdo Red Hood, I doubt she's getting past the other Batfamily members.
The thing about holding your own against Batman and Nightwing is that it isn't particularly a feat indicative of anyone being a genius in combat. Holding your own against anyone particularly skilled in combat isn't indicative of you yourself also being a genuis. It removes context. Nearly every one of Batman's rogue has at some point held their own against him physically but arguing that each and every one of them is some sort of combat genius would be silly.

I assume that's why most of the Batfamily doesn't actually scale to him in terms of combat intelligence. Like Jason isn't a genius at combat, he's just Gifted. What depths of martial arts understanding has he shown, what grand feats of skill has he demonstrated, how did he keep up with Batman and Nightwing. Stuff like that is important for actually ascertaining one's skill at fighting.

For example, Maki's skill isn't really seen in who she was beating, it's seen in how she defeated people. It's seen by her showing a clear grasp of multiple forms of martial arts, her ability to wield a diverse range of weaponry, and statements ascertaining the fact.

Like I get that Batman is supposed to be crazy skilled, Cassandra Cain much the same, I'm pretty sure Nightwing has a diverse array of teachers as well. But people like Jason, Tim, or Barbara if they actually had good things to argue for them being some crazy combat geniuses their profiles sure don't demonstrate it.

The thing about holding your own against Batman and Nightwing is that it isn't particularly a feat indicative of anyone being a genius in combat.
I guess the point is isn't really holding his own against them, but the fact that both Batman and Nightwing were teachers, passing down everything they know to them. So everything one knows, every other batfamily member should know as well.

But people like Jason, Tim, or Barbara if they actually had good things to argue for them being some crazy combat geniuses their profiles sure don't demonstrate it.
Because their profiles are old as hell and the people knowledgeable enough don't really wanna fix it or just dropped mid-way through (Aka M3X), but they do have crazy skill feats that put them comfortably in combat genius levels.

I could revamp Red Hood, but I'm still busy making a Post-Flash Red Hood with a friend of mine, so Post-Crisis goes for another year.

Back