• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Gege just fumbled with Black Flash unfortunately. His editor already proved how wonky it is and by feats it’s far from being the power of 2.5.

Just rate the characters as “higher with Black Flash” and that’s it.

Unless Gege retcons Black Flash in the next chapters, it should remain like that in the profiles.

The base values for anything should always be joules, tons of tnt is used to convey the energy released by explosions whereas joules is used for everything

I expected that. Never figured Sukuna would have a tragic backstory. But the recent influx of the idea that it's suddenly bad to have tragic villains and that we should return to villains that are evil for the sake of it is not one I understand, honestly...

Like, most villains that are just evil for the sake of it and not much else are not that good for a reason...

Like, most villains that are just evil for the sake of it and not much else are not that good for a reason...
I know people who think villains has to be developed to become evil or they're bad villains.

I agree that someone like Griffith is a better character than Frieza, but Frieza is by far a better villain than him. The aura he had in DBZ and how you knew they were ****** when he appeared is something only he can achieve.

I know people who think villains has to be developed to become evil or they're bad villains.

I agree that someone like Griffith is a better character than Frieza, but Frieza is by far a better villain than him. The aura he had in DBZ and how you knew they were ****** when he appeared is something only he can achieve.
The problem is that Frieza is the exception, not the rule, and I'd argue nostalgia also plays a role in Frieza's beloved status. You'd be hard-pressed to find a good villain that's just evil for the sake of being evil. Fleshed-out motives simply work better more often than not

The problem is that Frieza is the exception, not the rule, and I'd argue nostalgia also plays a role in Frieza's beloved status. You'd be hard-pressed to find a good villain that's just evil for the sake of being evil. Fleshed-out motives simply work better more often than not
I like the demon species in Frieren. There's an explanation for their behavior in universe—they're a species that has sentience but not a human emotional spectrum

To me, that's a good departure from just being evil for the sake of being evil

You'd be hard-pressed to find a good villain that's just evil for the sake of being evil.
All For One (My Hero), Goto (Parasyte), Satō (Ajin: Demi-Human), Dio Brando/DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), Garou (One Punch Man), The Strangers (The Strangers), The Lich (Adventure Time), Naraku (Inuyasha), Terry Silver (The Karate Kid Part III, Cobra Kai), Walter White/Heisenberg (Breaking Bad), Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs, etc.).

All For One (My Hero), Goto (Parasyte), Satō (Ajin: Demi-Human), Dio Brando/DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), Garou (One Punch Man), The Strangers (The Strangers), The Lich (Adventure Time), Naraku (Inuyasha), Terry Silver (The Karate Kid Part III, Cobra Kai), Walter White/Heisenberg (Breaking Bad), Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs, etc.).
I don't think Garou fits the scenario...

That can work, and I like them myself. The idea of a villain that's mainly a villain because they are fundamentally, inherently incapable of having a moral compass can lead to interesting things.
To drive the point home, demons in the Frieren world are specifically noted to be human-like beasts with sentience and intelligence. They have a power-based social hierarchy, and view humans as prey because they're apex predators

Don't know a number of these, but for the ones I do know:

For one, idk if Garou exactly fits here. And two, I never said it was impossible. But usually, more complex, fleshed-out villains will prevail. Take MHA for instance. Shigaraki is a much better villain than AFO

Why is Pre Awakening Maki At most 8-C when her profiles states her to be comparable to Yuji, and Todo's profile places her as comparable to above him?

Why is Pre Awakening Maki At most 8-C when her profiles states her to be comparable to Yuji, and Todo's profile places her as comparable to above him?
No idea about the Yuji thing but the thing that links on Todo's profile is specifically talking about strength without cursed energy, so Todo's 8-B+ wouldn't scale since that's with cursed energy

"Naruto ending was bad" "Seinens are better" "Sukuna>Gojo"
gojo-rip-gojo-dead.gif

Villains who are evil for the sake of being evil can still be good villains through many things such their dynamics with the heroes, their personality, their aura, etc.

Back