• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

That all sounds interesting but we may have to look further into the manga first to see if that's actually what's going on

The way it's explained, it's like matter and anti matter. When they meet, they annihilate each other. When the positives and negative meet, they erase each other

In verse it's not even said to be erasure tho. It doesn't show any signs of it. We would definitely need statements of it before we jsut give it that because from what we have now it doesn't point to that conclusion.

AstralKing7 said:
In verse it's not even said to be erasure tho. It doesn't show any signs of it. We would definitely need statements of it before we jsut give it that because from what we have now it doesn't point to that conclusion.
Code:
agree with you

It wouldn't need to be explicitly stated. A genjutsu isn't verbatim stated to be mind manipaultion, we infer upon what is displayed to a draw a conclusion. The thing that would point to it being erasure is the explanation provided. When the two opposites (imaginary mass and normal mass) meet, the existence of both is canceled. Nothing is left behind as both cease, i.e Purple is leaving nothing behind making it a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. By definition that would be Existence Erassure. The only thing needed would be proving that Purple is Imaginary Mass, and lucky for us this was already confirmed.

EE definiton I'm referencing being the VSBW one:(https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Existence_Erasure)

The in verse statement of Purple being Imaginary mass:(https://*********.net/manga/jujutsu-kaisen/i2243993/3-5)

ƒÆǃÆǃÆǃÆÇit's stated that genjutsu Users can effect the mind tho.

See what you guys are understanding is the fact that if it's not stated not shown to have the effects of something we can't give it the abilities you want.

Genjutsu is shown and I'm pretty sure I remember it being stated to manipulate the mind or effect it giving it mind manipulation

Except it fits the exact description of imaginary mass and everything that follows, so I don't really see the issue with it

Where in the world is it stated that Purple erases things out of existence bruh???? Where is the scans in the manga showing something depicted as erased???

Purple is vaporization at best. Atomization if you take the wordings of prequel as literal destruction value even though it just refers to manipulation level. Nothing in manga SO FAR implies it to be an Existence Erasure. Hell, even the 3 page explanation of Limitless given by Gege in English release of second volume mentions nothing about EE.

Onto a different topic though, we gotta get a verse or character profiles made ƒÆÇ. I might learn how to do it myself if nobody else will, it shouldn't be difficult

AstralKing7 said:
ƒÆǃÆǃÆǃÆÇit's stated that genjutsu Users can effect the mind tho.

See what you guys are understanding is the fact that if it's not stated not shown to have the effects of something we can't give it the abilities you want.
You missed my point on almost every level, bruh. Lmao. Look, you took the analogy FAR too literally. It's not about Genjutsu having literally been or not been stated to be affecting the mind, the example was meant to convey that you can infer without verbatim statements. I've already explained why imaginary mass equates to EE by both purely science based standpoint and by the VSBW definition, and I've shown Purple to be imaginary mass. All you've done is ignore what I've said.

P1: Imaginary mass is known to nullify the existence of what it contacts

P2: Imaginary mass fits the description of EE (VSBW)

P3: Purple is Imaginary Mass

C: Purple is EE

It's a very basic line of reasoning.

What would y'alls top 10 in terms of striking strength be? For me it's: 10. Yuji 9. Todo 8. Hanami 7. Nanami 6. Jogo 5. Toji 4. Geto 3. Yuta w/Rika 2. Sukuna 1. Gojo

I definitely expect this to change in the future besides the top 3 There's also my own headcannon implemented

Sossaa said:
Reasoning for the placement of the curses?
Well, I'm assuming you already know why Rika and Sukuna are where they are but I can explain that after if you'd like. The reason I have Jogo>Hanami is because Todo and Yuji were doing quite well against him and iirc Hanami even stated they both individually have the power to damage him. At the time I believe Yuji had ate 2-3 of Sukunas fingers correct? Either way Geto (brain-kun) said "Being Generous, around 8 or 9 of sukunas fingers". That should put Jogo>Hanami

I'm also aware that Hanami didn't get to go all out against Yuji and Todo, but even if you were to give him that it shouldn't put him>Jogo

You missed my point on almost every level, bruh. Lmao. Look, you took the analogy FAR too literally. It's not about Genjutsu having literally been or not been stated to be affecting the mind, the example was meant to convey that you can infer without verbatim statements. I've already explained why imaginary mass equates to EE by both purely science based standpoint and by the VSBW definition, and I've shown Purple to be imaginary mass. All you've done is ignore what I've said.

P1: Imaginary mass is known to nullify the existence of what it contacts

P2: Imaginary mass fits the description of EE (VSBW)

P3: Purple is Imaginary Mass

C: Purple is EE

It's a very basic line of reasoning.

Okay m8. I'm just going to let you make a crt for this. I'm not going to help with JJK revisions that doesn't have anything in the manga backing it up.

Stuff like this will make future discussions for changes way harder

AstralKing7 said:
Okay m8. I'm just going to let you make a crt for this. I'm not going to help with JJK revisions that doesn't have anything in the manga backing it up.

Stuff like this will make future discussions for changes way harder
I already showed the manga backing but whatever, dude.

Small building makes perfect sense, especially givin the chart at the beginning of the series (even a tank would be useless against a grade 1).

A Grade 1 Sorcerer can take on a Special Grade Curse, which requires carpet bombing, which is like multi-city block level. Big difference.

A cluster bomb is what's used for carpet bombing. Mahito is a Special Grade Curse, Nanami almost killed him with the same "small building" technique. But he regenerated because of his soul manipulation, as all the damage was just to his physical body.

Assassins dude, Toji was his name right ? Coming back through just his body was pure goatness on his part.

I would be hyped to see a fight between him & Yuji

I made a Verse Page in case we get more feats calced to base the stats on.

And there was already a Satoru Gojo page but it needs to be fixed, it was a mere guesswork.

I believe for now we should put Gojo at unknown until we get a correct rating because I know for sure later on in the manga he has great feats.

Also context wasn't taken into account when giving him his ratings. He is far stronger then tier 8 in the first place from scaling

He also needs immortality 😆 because his Regenerationn allows him to survive fatal injuries to the brain and throat.

His intelligence may be controversial because he may actually be nigh omniscient

Back