• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

His death itself isn't really bad but it's stupidly unsatisfying cuz the things we learned about him are treated like an afterthought

We didn't even get to see him and Yuji addressing the fact that he's his mom
After thinking about it more, that insta death did not feel earned by the narrative when his interactions with major characters are very lackluster

What is the purpose of this thread?
Stepping stone for Tier 0 Gojo.

What is the purpose of this thread?
Pain on earth 🗿

Pain on earth 🗿
The absolute buffoonery to continue to try and push a narrative that the verse and Buddhism go hand in hand just so that there can be some high level abilities slapped onto the verse pages despite having been told by an actual Buddhist that this is not the case, and also told things might be a bit ethically questionable to use a religion for scaling....

Needs to be studied

for real?
Wait for it.
kenny-kenjaku.gif

As disappointing this has become, I still appreciate it in a sense. Megumi does have potential; he's shown a lot of versatility and creativity in the use of the 10 shadows along w/his incomplete domain. Heck, he managed to nerf 15f Sukuna's power by almost 90%, give or take and how you look at it, on sheer force of will. The fact is he just lacks the confidence and mindset that Gojo so desperately tries to instill in him. As Ohara once said about him "He sees the technique as special, but not himself". It's no wonder given he's had to compare himself to Gojo and abandonment issues. And b/c of that, he's in the situation he's in now. It's like a dark, cautionary tale of actually believing yourself and the consequences that can come from it not being handled correctly.

The Megumi situation just makes me believe even more that Gege is a mediocre to bad writer.

He once said that he doesn’t care about deaths as long as it makes the story interesting, but there’s two points I want to make.

1. Doing things just because “it makes the story interesting” just tell me you don’t have a script done and doesn’t actually think about consequences and such.
  2. Most of the deaths didn’t make the story interesting. Nanami’s death is cool but there was no real feeling to that, who tf cares? And then Nobara, who had no business dying that early. Her death didn’t make anything interesting and didn’t serve a purpose to Yuji’s growth since Nanami died just a few chapters back.
Also about deaths, does anyone actually cares about Kashimo dying? Ryu? Kenjaku? Weightless deaths for one dimensional characters. Wasted a huge potential with all of them. Higuruma’s death I think it’s fine, but he died for what exactly? The sword faded right before stabbing Sukuna so his death just finished his mid written arc.

Now about Megumi: Gege is mid at best, how the **** do you just “kill” one of the main characters like that? Megumi was done dirty by Gege, he had no business serving as Sukuna’s vessel like that. Gege’s storytelling drove him into a corner, making Gojo so powerful that you needed to twist your story completely so you can kill Gojo.

I just read JJK for fights, because if I wanted character development, coherent plot and storytelling I wouldn’t be reading it.

The Megumi situation just makes me believe even more that Gege is a mediocre to bad writer.

He once said that he doesn’t care about deaths as long as it makes the story interesting, but there’s two points I want to make.

1. Doing things just because “it makes the story interesting” just tell me you don’t have a script done and doesn’t actually think about consequences and such.
  2. Most of the deaths didn’t make the story interesting. Nanami’s death is cool but there was no real feeling to that, who tf cares? And then Nobara, who had no business dying that early. Her death didn’t make anything interesting and didn’t serve a purpose to Yuji’s growth since Nanami died just a few chapters back.
Also about deaths, does anyone actually cares about Kashimo dying? Ryu? Kenjaku? Weightless deaths for one dimensional characters. Wasted a huge potential with all of them. Higuruma’s death I think it’s fine, but he died for what exactly? The sword faded right before stabbing Sukuna so his death just finished his mid written arc.

Now about Megumi: Gege is mid at best, how the **** do you just “kill” one of the main characters like that? Megumi was done dirty by Gege, he had no business serving as Sukuna’s vessel like that. Gege’s storytelling drove him into a corner, making Gojo so powerful that you needed to twist your story completely so you can kill Gojo.

I just read JJK for fights, because if I wanted character development, coherent plot and storytelling I wouldn’t be reading it.
nobara is implied to be in some sort of coma state in one of the interviews. (if u want i can link it)
also yeah Kashimo dying like that was so wtf. all that hype went down the drain so quickly.

i doubt megumi is dead.

gojo is coming back, trust.

anyways, how many are aware or noticed that The mandala art depicting Gojo, Sukuna, Kenjaku and Yuji can be used to predict future events in the manga? and that it has been proven to be true in doing so. (although said events are just certain elements getting involved with some bit of a clue. Nanami's CT for example being involved in a way in regards to Sukuna, was predicted. Yuta's involvement with Kenjaku as well. And then there's Yuta's involvement with Sukuna.)

nobara is implied to be in some sort of coma state in one of the interviews. (if u want i can link it)
also yeah Kashimo dying like that was so wtf. all that hype went down the drain so quickly.

i doubt megumi is dead.

gojo is coming back, trust.

anyways, how many are aware or noticed that The mandala art depicting Gojo, Sukuna, Kenjaku and Yuji can be used to predict future events in the manga? and that it has been proven to be true in doing so. (although said events are just certain elements getting involved with some bit of a clue. Nanami's CT for example being involved in a way in regards to Sukuna, was predicted. Yuta's involvement with Kenjaku as well. And then there's Yuta's involvement with Sukuna.)
Gojo will not be returning to the series. If he returns, the series will be an extremely ridiculous series. Gege is not going to throw the series away like this.

Gojo will not be returning to the series. If he returns, the series will be an extremely ridiculous series. Gege is not going to throw the series away like this.
Yeah he will be returning to the series. The constant foreshadowings and references and so on especially previous build-up early foreshadowing for his return (his death was planned), the way his death is reminiscent to the HI death, etc. Then there's the mandala which have quite useful info if u carefully analyze.
? Gege is throwing away the series by killing off one of the most popular main characters and significant money driving characters. But I digress, the set-up for his death is to allow him to reach his true enlightenment through death, which Sukuna drives in too about him being unenlightened. As the saying goes in JJk. Death is the greatest and most final transformation for one. He's coming back.

Yeah he will be returning to the series. The constant foreshadowings and references and so on especially previous build-up early foreshadowing for his return (his death was planned), the way his death is reminiscent to the HI death, etc. Then there's the mandala which have quite useful info if u carefully analyze.
? Gege is throwing away the series by killing off one of the most popular main characters and significant money driving characters. But I digress, the set-up for his death is to allow him to reach his true enlightenment through death, which Sukuna drives in too about him being unenlightened. As the saying goes in JJk. Death is the greatest and most final transformation for one. He's coming back.
How will he come back? If you say reverse cursed technique, Gojo's stomach was pierced and the cursed energy comes from the stomach. Therefore, Gojo's cursed energy flow is disrupted and he cannot perform the reverse cursed technique. If you say shoko, the reverse cursed technique is not as functional when performed on others and cannot bring back severed limbs.

Can't we forget about characters like Gojo and talk about Itadori? Because he is no longer the same as before, he has a perfect sword in his hand from Higuruma, and in his fight with Sukuna, he uses the reverse cursed technique and surprises Sukuna. Although he has not received any reverse curse technique training, the fact that he does this through observations is a sign of his development.

How will he come back? If you say reverse cursed technique, Gojo's stomach was pierced and the cursed energy comes from the stomach. Therefore, Gojo's cursed energy flow is disrupted and he cannot perform the reverse cursed technique. If you say shoko, the reverse cursed technique is not as functional when performed on others and cannot bring back severed limbs.
ill leave that to gege to cook.

but if i were to offer one of the theories, so far it seems like Shoko + Utahime combo and Shoko doing a binding vow might help. and they don't need to create new limbs per say. just connect the other half which is quite possible to do.
also the ce flow isn't really disrupted, u can still use ce as long as you have a left over. Yuki is a primary example to this. but you can't produce more ce if you don't have the gut in shape or connected... APPARENTLY.

but anyways let gege cook.

Back