• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

He never stated it was exclusive to himself, he says he wasn't affected that mcuh by his own technique because it's his, making us think that if someone else is hit by their technique, they wouldn't get as hurt as their enemy.
Inumaki gets affected by his own Technique. Hanami gets affected by his own technique. You need to show the scan where Gojo was speaking in general POV. Yuji who has Sukuna cursed energy still gets damages from his slashes never once Sukuna mentioned he was getting less damage because of same CE.

Inumaki gets affected by his own Technique. Hanami gets affected by his own technique. You need to show the scan where Gojo was speaking in general POV. Yuji who has Sukuna cursed energy still gets damages from his slashes never once Sukuna mentioned he was getting less damage because of same CE.
No I don't need to show you nothing, you just need to read that Gojo panel again. Inumaki and Hamai weren't affected as much as their enemies when they used their technique against them, and Yuji having a bit of Sukuna's energy doesn't make him resistant to Sukuna's CT at all because it has nothing to do with that Gojo statement.

This ******* place is the only one where we debate a panel that's CLEAR on what it wants to show you. Really can't understand how some can interpret that statement as Gojo exclusive.

Pretty sure Inumaki just gets clipped by the extreme stamina use and strain of Cursed Speech
Yeah I don't ever recall Inumaki getting hit with his own CT, I only remember the effects of using it against powerful enemies. But I think he meant the fact that he's also affected by his CT, that's why his vocabulary is limited

No I don't need to show you nothing,
Burden of proof I guess you just don't have the scan to prove it's a general rule.
you just need to read that Gojo panel again.
"Maybe" dude wasn't even sure why he got less damage. Beside he never once implied or stated it's same for all of them.
17-ffp-cYzXy6UpU.jpg

Inumaki and Hamai weren't affected as much as their enemies when they used their technique against them,
Maki literally got less damage than Hanami what you mean Hanami has less damage than her enemies?
and Yuji having a bit of Sukuna's energy doesn't make him resistant to Sukuna's CT at all because it has nothing to do with that Gojo statement.
Yuji body turned into Cursed Object like Sukuna and has his CE. It didn't say he only has small big. Gojo himself mentioned Sukunas techniques are gonna be etched to Yuji's body. Sukuna clearly complements Yuji durability not that he was talking about taking less damage because of Same CE.

Yeah I don't ever recall Inumaki getting hit with his own CT, I only remember the effects of using it against powerful enemies. But I think he meant the fact that he's also affected by his CT, that's why his vocabulary is limited
I took the vocab thing as Inumaki avoiding any accidental curses that could seriously hurt or even kill someone. As far as I know, he can't turn Cursed Speech off, so he's gotta be careful.
Ryu got smoked by his own CE twice. Never once implied or stated same CE reduces damage. We are talking about dude who is from 400 years ago when fighting was common thing back then & has more combat experience on Sorcerery
Scan 1.
Scan 2
Based on the panel, Gojo isn't a 100% certain. "It's just a Theory" given what happened and the idea that you could/would develop some resistance to your own power; maybe you need to actively work on developing some resistance?

Also, that was Yuta's copy of their techniques; we still have very little info on how Copy works. Just because it works nearly the same doesn't mean it is. It could also be that the CE needs to be exactly the same. Heck, maybe Ryu's reinforcement/durability is just trash compared to the Blast's output.

How does Ryu have more combat experience? We know zero of his past fights.
Same era as Kashimo. Stated to be more tougher than current generation. (I'm not including Special grades btw)
Killing each other was a common thing during that era as we seen in Kashimo flashbacks. Ryu also mentioned he fought worthy opponents during his era.

I would go with the simplest assumption of Ryu fought his level of opponents whose power and skills matched him has experience from that.
Based on the panel, Gojo isn't a 100% certain. "It's just a Theory" given what happened and the idea that you could/would develop some resistance to your own power; maybe you need to actively work on developing some resistance?

Also, that was Yuta's copy of their techniques; we still have very little info on how Copy works. Just because it works nearly the same doesn't mean it is. It could also be that the CE needs to be exactly the same. Heck, maybe Ryu's reinforcement/durability is just trash compared to the Blast's output.
We know little about CE giving less damage to users when Ryu & others never once mentioned or stated anything regarding that. I would say Gojo just lacks experience so he was making hypothetical claims. Or only his CE doesn't affects him much or you can say Gojo hit 4 BF and his sts kinda increased so his damage was less than Sukuna who was worn out and who didn't replenished. Taking Gojo's half baked Guess doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
There is a fan theory about Sukuna and Yuji having the same CE, suggesting that Yuji would receive less damage. However, canonically, Gege has never mentioned Yuji getting less damage due to the same CE. Despite this, Gege did mention that Yuji is currently soaked in Sukuna's CE. Until Gege provides a direct statement about CE affecting users less, it's better to assume it doesn't, rather than giving more importance to Gojo's half-baked guess.

Same era as Kashimo. Stated to be more tougher than current generation. (I'm not including Special grades btw)
Killing each other was a common thing during that era as we seen in Kashimo flashbacks. Ryu also mentioned he fought worthy opponents during his era.

I would go with the simplest assumption of Ryu fought his level of opponents whose power and skills matched him has experience from that.
This doesn't tell us he has more experience. Them being tougher means nothing, killing randoms means nothing, fighting worthy opponents does not equal he has more experience than Gojo.

Gojo's the guy who was put into an era that had to become stronger than the previous one simply due to his birth, meaning he grew in a world harder than say Naobito's era. And then Gojo goes on to fight and surpass Toji in skill. He ends up fighting curses like Jogo and Hanami, both who would also have more experience than Ryu who likely only lived for 30+ years.

This just isn't the same type of experience at all. You're tryna scale Ryu above Gojo in skill and Ryu struggled against and got tricked by Yuta, the same person who's below Gojo

This doesn't tell us he has more experience. Them being tougher means nothing, killing randoms means nothing, fighting worthy opponents does not equal he has more experience than Gojo.

Gojo's the guy who was put into an era that had to become stronger than the previous one simply due to his birth, meaning he grew in a world harder than say Naobito's era. And then Gojo goes on to fight and surpass Toji in skill. He ends up fighting curses like Jogo and Hanami, both who would also have more experience than Ryu who likely only lived for 30+ years.

This just isn't the same type of experience at all. You're tryna scale Ryu above Gojo in skill and Ryu struggled against and got tricked by Yuta, the same person who's below Gojo
I think you misunderstood. I'm not talking about skills as in fighting techniques instead of cursed energy knowledge in Combat. I specifically mentioned Sorcerery skills..

Ryu's case doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't protected against his own attack

Also me personally there's inherently a lot of merit in the word of the guy who can perceive and control Cursed Energy at an atomic level lol

I think you misunderstood. I'm not talking about skills as in fighting techniques instead of cursed energy knowledge in Combat. I specifically mentioned Sorcerery skills..
Why would their combat in fights where they utilize sorcery not factor in overall? And if we're talking about that, Gojo's the same guy who can do several barrier techniques and has a barrier that can match barrier-less domains, meanwhile Ryu does not, hell Ryu's the same guy who calls regenerating an arm a big feat, he's also the same guy who we don't know if he's ever hit a black flash yet Gojo has and we know Black Flashers have a superior understanding of curse energy.

Why would their combat in fights where they utilize sorcery not factor in overall? And if we're talking about that, Gojo's the same guy who can do several barrier techniques and has a barrier that can match barrier-less domains, meanwhile Ryu does not, hell Ryu's the same guy who calls regenerating an arm a big feat, he's also the same guy who we don't know if he's ever hit a black flash yet Gojo has and we know Black Flashers have a superior understanding of curse energy.
Malevolent Shrine should've done more work so Gojo could be a flasher fr

Why would their combat in fights where they utilize sorcery not factor in overall?
Ryu has highest output why would he was satisfied if his opponents were weaker than him and call them worthy because of their powers? It would make sense his opponents fought with skills instead of power. Matching Ryu's power in a straight up match is one hit kill. We literally see how it went out against Yuta and Rika. Ryus own technique ducked him not any power based shit from Yuta or Rika.
And if we're talking about that, Gojo's the same guy who can do several barrier techniques and has a barrier that can match barrier-less domains, meanwhile Ryu does not,
Kusakabe also knows about techniques but does he knows how to use them? What you are saying is really bad example. Gojo using techniques means he knows more about CE?
hell Ryu's the same guy who calls regenerating an arm a big feat,
Kusakabe also states that despite him having knowledge about it. Having knowledge doens't mean anyone can do it. Even Gojo obtained RCT after Toji almost killed him. RCT isn't some cheap thing to get out of nowhere.
he's also the same guy who we don't know if he's ever hit a black flash yet Gojo has and we know Black Flashers have a superior understanding of curse energy.
Only thing I can agree with you is this. We don't know if Ryu had BF or not. But narratively only one who can control his CE output as same as his CT is Ryu only that also comes to play.

Ryu has highest output why would he was satisfied if his opponents were weaker than him and call them worthy because of their powers? It would make sense his opponents fought with skills instead of power. Matching Ryu's power in a straight up match is one hit kill. We literally see how it went out against Yuta and Rika. Ryus own technique ducked him not any power based shit from Yuta or Rika.
Then they're as skilled as Ryu is, which is just as skilled as Yuta is. There's nothing more to them being worthy here.

Kusakabe also knows about techniques but does he knows how to use them? What you are saying is really bad example. Gojo using techniques means he knows more about CE?
Its the difference between knowing and doing, Gojo knows how to do it all, Kusakabe just knows about the ct. Also all the knowledge Kusakabe has shown us in combat would point to him also being more experienced than Ryu in sorcery.

Kusakabe also states that despite him having knowledge about it. Having knowledge doens't mean anyone can do it. Even Gojo obtained RCT after Toji almost killed him. RCT isn't some cheap thing to get out of nowhere.
This proves my point then, Gojo can do RCT in ways no one has ever seen and do it off a whim at that.

Only thing I can agree with you is this. We don't know if Ryu had BF or not. But narratively only one who can control his CE output as same as his CT is Ryu only that also comes to play.
How is that more impressive than everything Gojo's done? And if you agree with this then you agree Gojo's understanding of sorcery is superior than Ryu's

Then they're as skilled as Ryu is, which is just as skilled as Yuta is. There's nothing more to them being worthy here.
I mean Yuta is the same guy who knows about what Gojo was doing in battle against Sukuna and Gojo in current Arc if you EQ yuta to Ryu then you are coming back to where Ryus skills matched Gojo or atleast knowledge.
Its the difference between knowing and doing, Gojo knows how to do it all, Kusakabe just knows about the ct. Also all the knowledge Kusakabe has shown us in combat would point to him also being more experienced than Ryu in sorcery.
We are talking about knowledge bro my point is doing and knowing has nothing to with having knowledge on things.
This proves my point then, Gojo can do RCT in ways no one has ever seen and do it off a whim at that.
Gojo is the same guy who has RCT for 14 years and couldn't learn how to heal others and mocked by Yaga that his skills are nowhere near Shoko.
Gojo can't do RCT in many ways he learned it due to life or death situation which Higuruma also did despite having less experience he has RCT.
How is that more impressive than everything Gojo's done? And if you agree with this then you agree Gojo's understanding of sorcery is superior than Ryu's
Gojos skills are overall superior to Ryu but I don't agree regarding Sorcerery knowledge. My whole point is Ryu getting hit by his attacks and never implied about CE giving less damage to the user. He should have the knowledge on that from his many battles.

Also you mentioned Hanami and Jogo where Hanami got hit by his technique and we still didn't get any statement for his technique giving him less damage or implying something regarding CE giving him less damage. Gojo Fighting Hanami and Jogo isn't backing up the point of Gojos "may be" half baked statement.

Back