• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Anime Canonicity

I agree. It's going to be used as a secondary canon. If any dialogue that exists in the manga is changed in the anime, it will be ignored.

The dialogue exists in the manga and it mentions only about space, nothing about time. Whether it is a contradiction or not doesn't matter, the fact that the anime changes something in the canon is the problem

The dialogue exists in the manga and it mentions only about space, nothing about time. Whether it is a contradiction or not doesn't matter, the fact that the anime changes something in the canon is the problem
A canon Gege oversaw, and saw no error in it. If it was a problem, considering the amount of detail, and effort that Gege has personally attributed to explaining Limitless, he would’ve said something. He has not. There is no changing canon, because it is canon. Point blank.

agree to OP but obviously as secondary canon.

Gojo obviously manipulates space and time. That isn't something he gets solely from the anime.

Anyway, Gege’s heavy involvement with the anime and it’s movie really does entail that it’s canon even if secondary canon.

I agree. It's going to be used as a secondary canon. If any dialogue that exists in the manga is changed in the anime, it will be ignored.
Agree with this. We shouldnt just use anime stuff cause it gives the characters more hax or something else. Also we're dealing with Gege, for them to change and mess with stuff from their original canon isn't new and we should ignore most of it. BF Yuta should be fine though imo

Correct and it looks messy at least make it look good. Like we can still see you stole the scans from Seth’s Gojo vid
You’re welcome to find the scans yourself if you want. Wasn’t exactly hiding the fact if came from Seth’s video, in any case.

Agree with this. We shouldnt just use anime stuff cause it gives the characters more hax or something else. Also we're dealing with Gege, for them to change and mess with stuff from their original canon isn't new and we should ignore most of it. BF Yuta should be fine though imo
I disagree. He was directly involved, and if he doesn’t have an issue with it, I don’t see the problem this site does.

I disagree. He was directly involved, and if he doesn’t have an issue with it, I don’t see the problem this site does.
You don't see the problem cause you just want to apply more hax to the character from a secondary source lol, ofc you wont see it but its my main reason for why we shouldnt take everything from the anime as canon material now. The manga should always take precedence, but I personally have no problem with Yuta having bf, while Gojo's time manipulation makes next to no sense since he's specifically been described as manipulating curse energy on the atomic level not manipulating time and space. I hope this makes sense

You don't see the problem cause you just want to apply more hax to the character from a secondary source lol, ofc you wont see it but its my main reason for why we shouldnt take everything from the anime as canon material now. The manga should always take precedence, but I personally have no problem with Yuta having bf, while Gojo's time manipulation makes next to no sense since he's specifically been described as manipulating curse energy on the atomic level not manipulating time and space. I hope this makes sense
I don’t see the problem because the problem, in-concept, is just an arbitrary one made up by this site. So no, your comment still doesn’t, and won’t make sense to me. Furthermore Yuta’s Black Flash is even more egregious than Miguel’s statement, considering he has never even used it in the manga, referenced when it was talked about, and more. Don’t see why that gets a pass.

It is just a secondary canon. If a scene is different, let's use the manga mainly

That's how we do with any verse
The scene that’s overseen by the author. That is fine with the production. That said team constantly consults him for advice.

I don’t see the problem because the problem, in-concept, is just an arbitrary one made up by this site. So no, your comment still doesn’t, and won’t make sense to me. Furthermore Yuta’s Black Flash is even more egregious than Miguel’s statement, considering he has never even used it in the manga, referenced when it was talked about, and more. Don’t see why that gets a pass.
It gets a pass for me because of how Bf works, it requires intense concentration, Yuta just had that while fighting Getou, how far fetched is that? With Gojo it is something we literally never had told to us in manga, Gege just through that in cause it makes Gojo even more op which is Gege entire theme for Gojo.

Yeah Milly you're literally saying the same thing I would say for the manga, Gege oversaw the manga, he's fine with the production and his team consults him on what he should do or shouldn't in it.

It gets a pass for me because of how Bf works, it requires intense concentration, Yuta just had that while fighting Getou, how far fetched is that? With Gojo it is something we literally never had told to us in manga, Gege just through that in cause it makes Gojo even more op which is Gege entire theme for Gojo.
That’s a matter of opinion, to be frank, considering Yuta was angry out of his mind (the thing Todo slapped Yuji for whilst tryna do BF).

Gojo’s is really not that egregious, considering he can stop skeletons in a world where time doesn’t exist from reaching him, contest against people who can force things to be funny into reality, etc.

You’re welcome to find the scans yourself if you want. Wasn’t exactly hiding the fact if came from Seth’s video, in any case.

They’re not hard to particularly come by so it’s surprising that you have them all jumbled up and gross looking, which will in turn make your thread look worse but go off.

The big debate here seems to be Miguel’s statement for limitless being different than the manga. There’s other interpretations for limitless including a whole talk with T-San the editor of Jjk and Gege himself at the end of certain volumes. They basically end the discussion by saying go with any interpretation of limitless that you like Iirrc.

The big debate here seems to be Miguel’s statement for limitless being different than the manga. There’s other interpretations for limitless including a whole talk with T-San the editor of Jjk and Gege himself at the end of certain volumes. They basically end the discussion by saying go with any interpretation of limitless that you like Iirrc.
Peak. I think conceptual perception manipulation thing was always cool ngl

Peak. I think conceptual perception manipulation thing was always cool ngl
That’s a different discussion but yes that one also counts, I’m referring to an earlier discussion they had where it basically says that Gege’s limitless explanation barely psses scrutiny and to go with whatever explanation you want.

Here it is, I own the vol and we get a possible explanation for infinity by T San and eventually just ends it out with saying that Akutami’s limitless explanation barely passes scrutiny and his explanation sounds cool but go with whichever explanation you like.

Back