• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Judge Dredd VS The Punisher (Marvel Comics)

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Judge Dredd
Punisher
This one gets brought up as a suggestion for Death Battle a lot, and looking at the two characters, it seems like a fine matchup. Let's see where this goes.

Rules:

-Standard Battle Assumptions, with both characters packing any and all standard equipment necessary.

-Winner by death or incapacitation.

Who wins this and why?

Judge Dredd: 7

Punisher: 1

Inconclusive: 1

Dredd has longer range, more experience and higher stamina, but Frank has pain resistance and more weapons on his side. Inconclusive for me, I guess.

Dredd due to his higher tech weapons. Unless Frank is given his other high tech gadgets like the pym particle and his symbiote suit, then i don't see him faring well against the Judge.

Dredd. More versality due to his gun and standard equipment. Frank has to switch and carry multiple heavier weapons to match him.

CuteLunaMoon said:
Dredd. No doubt. I hate the overrated characters of Marvel
Need a valid argument in favor of the character. Otherwise I can't count that as a vote.

I don't know that's a tuffy, because the fact that Judge dredd took down a whole drug corporation, while even fighting his own teammates. And the other hand the punisher took on half of the avengers in an alternate timeline, so I put my vote to the punisher. For his arsenal and skill

Synchronizer1 said:
I don't know that's a tuffy, because the fact that Judge dredd took down a whole drug corporation, while even fighting his own teammates. And the other hand the punisher took on half of the avengers in an alternate timeline, so I put my vote to the punisher. For his arsenal and skill
It's like the Deadpool kills Marvel Universe series. As far as I know, Marvel characters are somtimes buffed by a certain writer who wants to make the story thirller. Like, seriously? A mortal can harm Thor? It's all about the writer's opinion rather than logic. Don't tell me a 20th century man armed with 20th century weaponary can win against a futuristic speical cop. It's not about opinion, it's all about logic and common sense

Newendigo said:
How about if we let them have prep-time?
Considering the fact that prep time would allow Dredd access to most of (if not all of) this, I don't think that's such a smart idea.

If Punisher is the only one to get prep, that turns this into a pretty clear-cut tier-stomp, so I'm not letting that happen either.

Count:

Dredd: 7

Castle: 1

Inconclusive: 1

I believe that's all she wrote.

I figured as much. I'll add it myself once it passes the 24-hour mark.

And CuteLunaMoon doesn't matter if Its stupid it just matters if he did it or not, I'm not trying to be mean but if he went against tony, Thor and cap then I think he would have a good chance like for instance he has bullet penetrating rounds that could possibly go through judge dredds armor and even states that dredd has reinforced titanium, and punisher has shot through walls of that so it's only fair to say their pretty even.

Back