• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Judge Dredd additions (More calcs, equipment, and expanded P&A justifications, part 1)

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Note: Judge Dredd canon tends to operate on a 'canon unless it's specified not to be' policy, meaning that by default, most entries into the franchise that are not reboots or clearly their own canons would be considered canonical.
As mentioned in the first Dredd thread, my rework was far from a definitive one and was subject to changes and additions because Dredd is a vey vast franchise.

Note that some of the P&A or equipment IS on Dredd's page, but the instance cited is either weak, could use general expanding on, or I found another instance of it.
All citations are in the links. If you see one not cited, let me know.
Powers and abilities
Equipment
Dredd's equipment section is woefully underdeveloped, mostly because I though listing everything in the P&A section was fine, which I disagree with now.
Key: S = Standard, O = Optional, I = Immobile (I.E. he has to be in a certain place to use it)
Note: Dredd, due to his sheer reputation, can access basically anything he needs except for stuff explicitly locked to the Chief Judge. This has extended as high as nuclear weapons in the past. Therefore, most Judge equipment would be optional for him.
Range

With all this equipment stuff, Dredd now has more ranges.
Speeds
  • All of the vehicles have stated speed values, in MPH. I'll go through them and make a blog converting them to m/s for our system later.
Tiers
In addition, several of Dredd's already established weapons have received calcs, which can be seen here. Notably this downgrades the Lawgiver to 9-C, but adds tiers to much of his current weapons. Oh yeah and he has a few physical feats that recieved calcs. They'll be below.

I suggest rewriting his AP to be like this

Tier: 9-B physically. 9-C to 9-A with standard equipment. Up to 6-A with optional equipment.
Wall level physically (Has traded blows with Mean Machine, and knocked him through cave wall). Street level to Small Building level with standard equipment (The Lawgiver's standard rounds should at least be comparable to underground firearms. Incendiary rounds are capable of reducing people to ash. Hi-Ex destroyed a portion of a bridge and a wrecking ball). Up to Continent level with optional equipment (Dredd's arsenal of optional equipment include a variety of extremely powerful weapons such as the Stub Gun, which can glass several meters of sand, the Mega-Explosive, which can destroy buildings 10 times the size of average skyscrapers, Sonic Pulses which can trigger small-scale but powerful earthquakes, an assortment of nuclear bombs with one with a confirmed yield of 10 Megatons, and the Total Annihilation Device, which cracked an entire planet)

His feat of destroying Fear's helmet I think should be placed under Striking Strength to even out the justifications more.
Misc
  • His speed should be listed as Supersonic+ combat, reactions, and short bursts movement, since the only movement speed feat on that level is Hershey dodging an explosion but it's clearly not something they can do constantly.
  • Currently making a render for 'Classic Dredd'. He was a lot slimmer and younger in his earlier appearances
  • His age was miscalculated, he's about 50 now, not 30.
J6xbell.png

There's still going to be missing a lot from Dredd's page, even after this. Dredd is a character with appearances comparable to Spider-Man and stuff so his page is going to be quite lacking for a very long time.

This seems fine to apply to me as well.

Back