• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(JTTW) Sun Wukong CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the things you could have accidentally gotten rid of it was his immortality XD

5d9296455f76507acc88d64f5de0b6df.png
Hmm? I didn't remove it.

I have yet to see anyone posit any argument for Wukong actually being weaker, shall I just remove it?

There's no evidence for it on the profile and no one is arguing for it here.
Well...

The whole Journey to the West consists of several arcs:

Key phases are made within character profiles to try to portray or capture the capabilities and power levels and limitations / weaknesses the characters have during that time.

Since the crew spent almost 80 chapters in that phases, any new abilities and weaknesses should be included. Even if the restrictions are added by some external forces like Gautama Himself.

It also potentially raises a potential issue like some random fairies and monsters being able to fight the main journey cast better than the "seemingly" better heavenly gods and therefore every random local fairy (even for some being bullied by normal humans) being universe level - sure the main thing about it is that the main cast was posed weaknesses and other limitations by Gautama but the local fairies would still need to overpower them in at least some aspect... Like the typical power scaling issue.

Oh again, those limitations set by Gautama are still limitations. A specific key phase will not do harm and will just help adding specific properties specific for that state.

About my Fandom account issue
I will talk about that with Ant on a separate place.

Regardless thank you - every one here - all for the effort spent.

Last edited:
Hmm. It look like you messed up the powers and abilities sections so they turn considerably harder to overview for our visitors:

Last edited:
It also potentially raises a potential issue like some random fairies and monsters being able to fight the main journey cast better than the "seemingly" better heavenly gods and therefore every random local fairy (even for some being bullied by normal humans) being universe level - sure the main thing about it is that the main cast was posed weaknesses and other limitations by Gautama but the local fairies would still need to overpower them in at least some aspect... Like the typical power scaling issue.

Oh again, those limitations set by Gautama are still limitations. A specific key phase will not do harm and will just help adding specific properties specific for that state.
Well, like I said, most of the issues they have aren't really because of power, they're usually hax based.

Or Wukong just can't fight underwater for some reason and there's an obnoxious amount of Rivers.

Parts were Gautama himself has limited Wukong, those would both be outside influence to the fight (unless you want to say Gautama is around and influencing the fight, in which case, that would mean Wukong would always have the Buddha helping him since Buddha really wants those scrolls sent to the Western Region.)

Would you be willing to restore the powers and abilities sections to a list format please? Our staff officially agreed that this is a valid format in a rather recent content revision thread.

Would you be willing to restore the powers and abilities sections to a list format please? Our staff officially agreed that this is a valid format in a rather recent content revision thread.
The problem is, Wukong has a lot of abilities, and it makes the page way longer than it needs to be.

So it makes it a slog to go through, if you're only there to check 1 thing like Intellect.

Well, you can insert a scroll bar as well.

However, there does not seem to be any explanation in our main standard format page regarding lists in powers and abilities sections yet. Would you be willing to handle that, @Damage3245 , or is our discussion thread for that issue not completed yet?

The problem is, Wukong has a lot of abilities, and it makes the page way longer than it needs to be.

So it makes it a slog to go through, if you're only there to check 1 thing like Intellect.
In all honesty, I prefer the previous set format than the format you just set.

Well, like I said, most of the issues they have aren't really because of power, they're usually hax based.

Or Wukong just can't fight underwater for some reason and there's an obnoxious amount of Rivers.

Parts were Gautama himself has limited Wukong, those would both be outside influence to the fight (unless you want to say Gautama is around and influencing the fight, in which case, that would mean Wukong would always have the Buddha helping him since Buddha really wants those scrolls sent to the Western Region.)
Well, inability to fight underwater is more like a specific weakness sure.
But the post-sealing phase sort of stay with the main cast for ~80 out of 100 chapters and Gautama put some constraints and/or weaknesses on them for whatever reasons this is something that should not be.
Moreover, some characters just have different looks or even physiques after the crew started to go over the journey together.

In terms of administrative work,
1. adding one more key phase is just one more tab with explanations on the similarities and differences. Added with the specific weaknesses (like Wukong was installed with a "head band" that could inflict pain on his head with a certain spell - which was absent in his prior or later phases).
2. Well use of tabs can actually bracket the powers and abilities in a very efficient way. Try to use that. Maybe practice them in a sandbox before launching into the real thing.

Well, you can insert a scroll bar as well.

However, there does not seem to be any explanation in our main standard format page regarding lists in powers and abilities sections yet. Would you be willing to handle that, @Damage3245 , or is our discussion thread for that issue not completed yet?

I've spoken to a bunch of people on it like Ultima, Kira, etc.

And they said the list was pretty horrible and most people hate the format anyway.

@Udlmaster

Is there any remaining cleanup work that needs to be done in the Sun Wukong page or the two JTTW explanation pages, or should I close this thread?

Wait a little. If Udlmaster needs to do cleanup work, I will need to open and close the corresponding pages.

Also, Wukong's powers and abilities sections should probably be restored to the list format, so they look more professional and are easier to read for our visitors.

Wait a little. If Udlmaster needs to do cleanup work, I will need to open and close the corresponding pages.

Also, Wukong's powers and abilities sections should probably be restored to the list format, so they look more professional and are easier to read for our visitors.
@Udlmaster

Udlmaster to clarify the Mahayana is not a part of The Dharma correct? Also I think we can close this CRT.
Yeah, Mahayana would be classified as a part of the Dharma, as it's still considered a part of the Buddha's teaching.

Right, so I asked for some opinions from the Staff about the profile, and they universally agreed that the list was both bad and very bad in terms of formatting.

So it would be best to not restore it if even the staff disagree with the format.

Right, so I asked for some opinions from the Staff about the profile, and they universally agreed that the list was both bad and very bad in terms of formatting.

So it would be best to not restore it if even the staff disagree with the format.
Which staff members did you ask?

I think it's case by case, sometimes the list formating looks better...

Via comparing the two
I think I personally think the first one looks a little better 🤷‍♂️

It's not as much cluttered and you can see the abilities much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back