• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JSW vs Thomas the Wank Engine

My point is, show me Thomas using portal creation outside of the movie. I've asked for this like 2 times now. If you can't show me that, the logical explanation for Thomas' portal creation would be that the Magic Railway was the one doing it.

>He doesn't create portals in regular episodes.

>The portal appears in a movie called and about a Magical Railroad.

>The whole movie in general heavily deviated from the regular episodes.

All these point to the portal creation not being created by Thomas himself.

I looked over the video which shows Thomas' Portal Creation "feat," and, well, I can't say I can really support it. The thing about it is that it seems to be a form a magic that was only applicable in that one area. I don't know the plot of the movie, so I can't say for certain, but that coal truck seems to be a special coal truck, which has a designated role within the plot of the movie. Thomas didn't recognize it as his own, so I can't say that, even if it is because of the coal truck that the portals are being created, that it could be a part of Thomas' standard equipment.

"Oitside of the movie" That can probably be the worst argument ever.

Pack it up boys, looks like Godoka and Demom Homura are not canon, neither is 9th sense seiya nor 2-A Mazinger Z because they were only shown in movies.

Seriously, i find it hilarious how you want ebery single Thomas fight to be 'x destroys railroads gg" when he can go and create a portal to another set of rails in order to avoid the damaged zone.

Megaboy Prime said:
Seriously, i find it hilarious how you want ebery single Thomas fight to be 'x destroys railroads gg" when he can go and create a portal to another set of rails in order to avoid the damaged zone.
Where in Sam hell did you pick up on this from whatever has been argued?

Anyway, Godoka and Demora appeared in one movie yes, but and forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm not a PMMM fan, they appeared in that one movie which was the end of their series. Thomas continued way more after this movie. So logically, he would be teleporting around a lot more often in the series after this movie.

Megaboy Prime said:
Only in one episode from what I see, which makes it non-standard.

I'd like to knock out an argument you made earlier, Megaboy.

"Thomas has always been shown with Cargo."

This isn't true, and as proof, I can use the videos you provided earlier to prove his Portal Creation feat. Except for when Thomas actively connected himself to the coal truck, he had no cargo on him for the duration of both videos. And as for standard episodes where he is shown hauling cargo, one can argue that this is because he is working, and that he isn't always hauling cargo, just when he's working for Mr. Conductor.

Megaboy Prime said:
Lightning McQuuen has everything to do with this.
If THomas wasnt a living vehicle for kids, there shouldnt be "greater scrutiny with these types of profiles."
Came back late to the party, and it seems you read my arguments wrong.

I'm not talking about greater scrutiny for cartoon/kids show profiles, I'm talking about greater scrutiny for profiles that are obviously made as part of a joke, like Thomas was. There should be as thick as a line as possible from this wiki and this wiki.

Basically, I'm just urging admins to pay more attention to these types of profiles so we don't see a degeneration of quality on the site in the name of memes.

Wait

The whole "creates tracks" thing comes from an intro?

Pretty sure that's 100% not canon

Megaboy Prime said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsdxx4chz9k
Now that i think about it, since thomas can create railroads as he goes, the "blows up the rails' and the "can t he just...step off the road?" Arguments wont be stopping Thomas.
I cannot stress enough how much we can't use this as it is from the intro of the series. We do not take feats from intros here.

Oh boy

I guess you have to actually prove he can make tracks outside of the intro now

I legitimately never questioned portal creation and was talking about creating tracks

• People talking about Thomas creating tracks*
"Well, I'll just make a key for movie Thomas so he can have portal creation, now close the thread"

Wait, what?

I want to list down everything wrong with the page, but I'm currently in school. I'll just state for now that Universal+ range for teleportation is insane, given the range of the Gold Dust is never mentioned in the show. Again, unless you show me verbal or visual statements that prove anything you're trying to argue without using fallacies, we can't use it.

Again, im sorry Megaboy but im also vehemently against using intros as feats too.

Intros for ANY series period are 100% non-canon to the actual show and theres a ridiculous amount of examples. Some of which i'll post now to show why I disagree. I'll use Pokemon as an example.

Pokemon Outlier feat
1.) Ash's Pikachu in this theme intro here launches a thunderbolt from the earth into outer space in seconds. Are we gonna upgrade him to sub-rel or LS now because of this?

2.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (2)
Pikachu overpowers a Registeel with a single volt tackle in "Advanced Battle" intro. High 6-A Pikachu too?

3.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (3)
Ash's Swellow does the same thing to Regice with an aerial ace. High 6-A Swellow when?

4.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (4)
In a DP opening, Lucario tries taking on Palkia for poke sakes. Should we make him insta 2-B now?

5.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (6)
Ash's Buizel in this opening damages Darkrai using Sonic Boom. 2-B Buizel now.

6.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (7)
In Sinnoh League Victors opening, Team Rocket float far out into outer space and see a Mew and Mewtwo travel past a galaxy behind them in a nano-second (and then a Rayquaza and Deoxys). MFTL+ speed for them?

7.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (8)
Same opening, Lugia's about to take on a Kyogre. Upgrade for Lugia now to 5-B?

8.)
Pokemon Outlier feat (9)
In the Galactic Battles opening, Heatran hits Darkrai with its Hyper beam. Another 2-B pokemon to add to the gang?
Im not saying this to be disrespectful or rude, but theres a reason why we dont take these openings seriously at all. In pokemons case, if we were to allow openings, we'd get an early sub-rel+ High 6-A Pikachu + Swellow, MFTL+ Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Deoxys, a 5-B level Lugia, and a 2-B level anime Lucario, Heatran, and Buizel.

And everyone here knows these ratings are ridiculously big outliers for them all.

Maybe this can help explain why intros dont at all count as feats.

>Sees video explaining Thomas' track and rail Creation on profile.

...No. Just...no. Kukui pretty much explained it completely with the Pokémon talk. You can't use intros as feats, and besides, this would completely eliminate his weakness to being knocked off the track, as he could just create more tracks to right himself again. Give a feat within the canon show of him making tracks appear out of thin air, then we can talk. Otherwise, you should remove this from his list of powers completely. There is no debating this. This is just pure wanking.

Megaboy Prime said:
Because they think cargo trains should be 10-C or something
Dude, quit it with the salt. Nobody's saying Thomas should be 10-C. A train is still a train, and it can do a lot of damage to the unwary. The problem was the additional abilities you were giving him that were thrusting him into pure wank territory. Plus, like all trains, he is absolutely reliant on his tracks, which can turn into an Achilles Heel for Thomas.

Okay guys can we seriously just stop this? This has gone on long enough. We are better than this and there's no reason to have such an un-civil discussion.

If nothing else, this thread should be closed and re-made again.

Foreword. I know nothing about any of this (trains or Thomas) aside from what I've gathered by watching it with my baby brother, who loves it. So uh. Not much, aside from the fact that there's a dude named after an article of clothing. And a few racist themes. ANYWAYS.

According to this, the heaviest locomotives are about 216 Tons. These are old locomotives but I believe he's older so whatever. 216 tons seems reasonable.

His top speed is 40 mph (17.88 m/s). 216 tons equates to 19591.9 kg. That is the weight of THOMAS, not with cargo (because frankly he's going to be expending energy to carry that anyways, so yeah, just going with this).

KE = 1/2 m x v^2 = 3.1317 x 10^6 Joules, or high-end Wall level.

There. Neato burrito. Modify it as you will, just... no more arguments about the meme engine. Please. You're tearing this family apart. /s

I support Bambu's calcs. Plus, him being mid to high 9-B would give him much more of a chance at actually having a chance to win, rather than just having his tracks blown up by his opponent and being done with it.

Back