• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JSW vs Thomas the Wank Engine

Actually, Thomas is based off of a 52 ton train, but is smaller than the real thing, the calc also assumes Thomas is carrying his maximum capacity

Then yeah, he's definitely going to be Wall level.

Wait, Megaboy, you got the extra weight from what Thomas can tow, right?

Edit: Checked the other thread, and that's where you said you got the extra weight from

Yeah I don't agree with using a RL train weight for Thomas.

9-B for crashing into a house, destroying a wall in the process should be okay unless we find better feats.

Even assuming IRL train weight, the calculation is assuming that in each battle, Thomas is towing as much as he possibly can

can you even get KE from towing?

If he shapes up his attitude and makes an appeal, we can probably shorten it to something more realistic.

999 Years may have been to much though imo. I think 3-5 months would be fine.

Darkanine said:
If he shapes up his attitude and makes an appeal, we can probably shorten it to something more realistic.
999 Years may have been to much though imo. I think 3-5 months would be fine.
Dragon changed to ban him for 1 year actually

So, it turns out we don't actually use towing for AP unless we actually see the character ramming someone while towing a said object

Then we can go by his KE of movement. 52 tons (47173.6 kg), 17.88 m/s brings us to... about...

(47173.6/2) x (17.88^2) = 7.541 x 10^6, upper end of Wall level still. If somebody wants to actually dig through Thomas and Friends to find a specific feat, be my guest lol

I mean logically, if a train is flying down the tracks with that level of KE, it's either derailing, getting destroyed, or both. Sounds like it would be a suicide attack for Thomas.

@Unite It's a fiction-verse, that sort of logic might not apply. The wiki I didn't know about until this thread states his max speed at 40 mph, that seems alright with me. Not to mention he's just a full blown vehicle so even his lighter scale movements are going to be (probably) somewhere in Wall level.

@Yobo If you find it, I'd be happy to calculate it (even though it's a {EXPLETIVE DELETED} tank engine)

"Small building" is kinda hard to define. My brother's movies on him are like... 30 minutes, maybe longer? In one of them I'm pretty sure the (racial stereotype) Diesels bring down the sheds they sleep in but considering those are just three thin walls and a roof, I think it would still yield a Wall level result.

The show is actually pretty good if you want something relaxing but I did the math and...

• Episode count: 572
  • Magazine story count: 1,524
  • Book count: 1,203
  • Movie count: 15
I don't think anyone is gonna go through all that for feats.

@Unite It makes me wonder if the people are totally 100% serious about the legitimacy of the crashes this fictional tank engine endures.

Side note, if I saw some of those as a kid I'd never get into a vehicle again. Just saying.

Yeah if you look through most of these crashes, the trains appear to be dazed from crashing into wooden houses and crates, and some of the slightest accidents cause the trains to start smoking.

I cant believe now the justice social workers are targeting trains for equal rights... what has the world come too

I think you mean "Toast my tinderbox" (I think that's the quote)

ANYBUTT.

9-B Thomas, woot, let's go make him fight Batman or something

Back