• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GreyFang82

He/Him
Jotaro vs Monika

Prerequests: Both start 5 meters from each other, Jotaro has Star Platinum Over Heaven, Both are Bloodlusted

Not Important but fun scenario description: After returning home from defeating DIO for the second time and finally going back to school as usual he notices there's a girl following him. At first he thought it was just another annoying girl swooning over him... but then his suspicion of the girl grew. After a week of this he finds himself in the middle of an empty hallway. But it wasn't just the Hallway... the entire school was empty. When he turned around he's met with this girl in front of him with a creepy smile on her face. Was this girl a stand user? Jotaro let's loose his signature catchphrase "Yare yare daze..." and prepared himself for a fight.

Isn't this a stomp: Nope, both can one-shot each other. Jotaro can only use his reality warping powers while punching stuff and Monika has her usual set up. It's all about who shoots first, so to speak.

Edgy BOI with Punch Ghost: 0

Yandere GRILL with weird powers: 0

XxxJotaro 2014 blue by superhedgehogtx-d6r7xvh
Yare yare daze...

Monikalegs

Is the "Reality Overwrite needs to touch the enemy to work" thing even real? I keep seeing people say it isn't, yet it's still on the profiles.

If it is, then Monika wins easily via outranging Jotaro's melee range. Otherwise, it depends on Jotaro's character, but pretty sure he doesn't go for Overwrite from the start.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Is the "Reality Overwrite needs to touch the enemy to work" thing even real? I keep seeing people say it isn't, yet it's still on the profiles.
If it is, then Monika wins easily via outranging Jotaro's melee range. Otherwise, it depends on Jotaro's character, but pretty sure he doesn't go for Overwrite from the start.
I did say Bloodlusted so talking about in character stuff is kinda not important, I don't know about the fist needing to punch the person... I was never really clear on it. Also Jotaro still has Time Stop... not sure how much that helps but it is still a factor.

@Saikou, I remember someone posting some gifs in which there would be a smug looking Heaven Ascension Dio with his arms crossed as the enemy suddenly disappear, to which I think is the reality being overwritted, but I could be wrong.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
DIO over wrote a large area just to flex without touching anything, and Jotaro scales
Actually jotaro does have a need for contact. Although overwriting monaka would probably erase the true monika also as or erases all facets of ya (funny obviously). Nonexistent? Well or did make diavolo not bite the dust and is canonically above ger which obviously effected a nonexistent .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Nonexistent? Well or did make diavolo not bite the dust and is canonically above ger which obviously effected a nonexistent .
Pretty sure that this argument was debunked in the Giorno vs. Monika thread.

First off

>Arbitrarily scaling GER's ability to Dio because of some degree of superiority

Secondly, GER didn't come anywhere close to "killing" a nonexistent being.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
First off

>Arbitrarily scaling GER's ability to Dio because of some degree of superiority

Secondly, GER didn't come anywhere close to "killing" a nonexistent being.
Except dio was the cause of all anomalies within the game. And ger effect nonexistent actions. Dont think ya heard me say kill or did i miss that?

I have just one question, is time stop a non-factor here? Because I've seen no one bring it up I feel like even if it would take Monika only a second to erase Jojo, she doesn't resist time stop and jotaro can just Kakyoin/Valentine her (assuming he can overwrite her existence). And yeah the big question here is if Jotaro can erase her.

A little bit of a necro but if Monika starts off corpreal than Jotaro might be able to punch her, since SP would probably take her by suprise (I doubt she could see stands without altering the script to make her able to) and SPOH can scale to HA DIO who can time stop infinites. But even if he did, he'd probably erase her existance. In character, the battle would probably end there, as when she was erased from existance Monika accepted her fate. But bloodlusted, Monika would simply load a back-up or just fight in non-corpreal form. I don't know if Jotaro has a counter to that. And even if he did, he might not be able to use it before being rewritten in the script to punch a hole in his chest and erase himself.

Back