• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
I just now noticed that Hex's current speed rating (Hypersonic+) is based on a calc done in a thread that has no comments on it. Was this ever verified/accepted by the calc group? Or was it simply added without a go-ahead from the people of authority?

If it's the latter, someone should probably check this. The result might either be A) too high, or B) too low.

I'm...not sure. I haven't read any of his comics in ages.

Does he (properly) scale to anyone who can keep up with Katana?

I dunno ether i guess I'll just have to wait til someone who knows Hex better shows up but I would be kinda shocked if he didn't

I mean, I remember several issues where he time-traveled to the present/future, but I can't think of who he fought in those comics. (Since, again, it's been ages since I read them)

I'm gonna see if I can go get Matthew. He's become the DCU expert at this point. He should know something about this.

I went and asked. Hopefully he'll respond soon, but I dunno if he's online right now.

you can check the profile history and ask the editors if the calc was implemented due to being accepted.

Okay, so I looked into it further, and we have a very serious problem.

This rating was added without permission. Twice. The first time, Ant caught the OP, gave him a warning and asked him to make a calc blog like everyone else. (Which is in there with said user's other blogs if you look.) The second time, he re-upgraded the speed ranking even though his calc blog had absolutely no responses or evaluations.

In other words, his current speed rating needs to be fixed ASAP.

Minor update: I sent the feat itself to the Calc Requests thread for recalculation. I dunno what we should do with the profile in the meantime, but the way Kepekley's been working lately, I'd say we shouldn't have to wait very long until we get our result.

I'll try my hand at it, but i just can't seem to understand what's happening in the panel.

I'm guessing he gets shot at, uses a sword to defend himself and the bullet shatters it?

It's hard to understand at first, yeah. But I can tell you what's happening.

• Some guys fire in Panel 1.
  • Panel 2 shows him drawing his sword before the bullets have made it to him
  • Panel 3 shows him having made it to the shooters, dodging their shots and simultaneously slashing two of them with his sword.
  • The last guy fires at point-blank range in Panel 4
  • Panel 5 shows Jonah cutting the bullet with his blade.
  • Panel 6 = Last guy dies

I knew his current ranking seemed inflated...

Thanks, though. Like always, you've been a good help, and I trust the result you came up with.

Good work. I really appreciate it.

I'll wait until another calc member evaluates it before I add the results to the profile, but I have the feeling this is the best we're going to get from it.

Back