• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jon Snow knows nothing about The Boogeyman

this is a massive necro but i'm replying to it anyways
michael can crush skulls and jon should scale to gregor clegane (who can also crush skulls) so i'd say they're even in terms of attack potency. michael's head crush was 100% ap though, while gregor's was lifting strength and ap. so jon has the lifting strength advantage. durability goes to michael for obvious reasons. stamina is iffy, but i'd still give it to michael. jon definitely has better range and equipment than michael. valyrian steel sword >> kitchen knife. jon should also have the experience advantage. michael is older, yeah, but his only targets are normal humans. he's never faced anything like a white walker. intelligence goes to michael because jon knows nothing.
overall, i'd vote for jon. michael can take a beating, but so can wights, and jon kills those things for breakfast. i'd say jon has way more experience dealing with hard-to-kill monsters than michael does with superhuman war heroes. jon also has a pretty decent range advantage, so i really don't see what's stopping him from cutting michael in half before the shape can get up close.

This is... Interesting.

Question: Would Myers die to decapitation or severe limb loss? If yes, Jon should win via valyrian longsword and basic range advantage, not a big speed disadvantage and being strong enough to wound Myers, and having superior close combat skills which would allow him to apply basic swordsmanship to use. If not, Myers should win due to him being handily stronger and having much more endurance.

Question: Would Myers die to decapitation or severe limb loss?
i don't think decapitation is something any of the michaels can survive, let alone the 2018 version (which is the one being used here). limb/blood loss is a bit iffy, but since 2018 michael doesn't have type 2 immortality, i think he would probably die from it.
If yes, Jon should win via valyrian longsword and basic range advantage, not a big speed disadvantage and being strong enough to wound Myers, and having superior close combat skills which would allow him to apply basic swordsmanship to use.
michael's speed doesn't even matter. speed is equalized. even if it was unequalized, jon would actually have the speed advantage here. "at least athletic human" > "athletic human". also i'm still convinced that jon has subsonic reactions from arrow timing but that's probably not getting accepted lol
If not, Myers should win due to him being handily stronger and having much more endurance.
if you mean strength as in AP, both jon and michael are 9-B via scaling from skull-crushing feats. if you mean strength as in LS, jon probably has the advantage there, too, since he should scale to class 1. endurance would actually be one of the easiest things for jon to get around, since he can take quite a beating himself and he has experience fighting entire hordes of wights, whose endurance should be just as good as michael's, if not better. as i said earlier, michael doesn't have any experience against someone like jon, while jon has a season 8-load of experience against something like michael.

i don't think decapitation is something any of the michaels can survive, let alone the 2018 version (which is the one being used here). limb/blood loss is a bit iffy, but since 2018 michael doesn't have type 2 immortality, i think he would probably die from it.
Yeah, then Jon should win.
michael's speed doesn't even matter. speed is equalized. even if it was unequalized, jon would actually have the speed advantage here. "at least athletic human" > "athletic human". also i'm still convinced that jon has subsonic reactions from arrow timing but that's probably not getting accepted lol
Oh, I didn't see the equalized speed, and I thought Myers was faster. Well, I still doubt Jon's arrow-blocking, but eh, not a point here.

if you mean strength as in AP, both jon and michael are 9-B via scaling from skull-crushing feats. if you mean strength as in LS, jon probably has the advantage there, too, since he should scale to class 1. endurance would actually be one of the easiest things for jon to get around, since he can take quite a beating himself and he has experience fighting entire hordes of wights, whose endurance should be just as good as michael's, if not better. as i said earlier, michael doesn't have any experience against someone like jon, while jon has a season 8-load of experience against something like michael.
I disagree that they are on the same level. The head-crushing feat comes from Gregor, who is noted as exceptionally strong for a human, and Jon shouldn't scale to him in a meaningful way. Even if I considered that White Walkers are all stronger than Gregor (I don't doubt that they may be, but I don't have any solid evidence for that), and thus Jon should be somewhat comparable, but you do not have to match the strength of someone in an armed contest to win. Even when being considerably weaker one can still trade blows, since weapons drastically reduce the advantage of strength.

And endurance isn't scaled like that. Even someone of very low endurance can fight people of incredibly high endurance if they finish them off quickly. Jon took beatings, which is great and good, but Michael has endured worse. Again, not that I disagree that Jon would win, he would - but stamina is an advantage to Myers.

Back