• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stand Addition

In Stone Ocean, after Weather REport used his stands to make it rain tons of poisonous frogs, they all squirted out poison that reduced a prison guard to a marshmallow after a couple of frogs to the face.
However, Whitesnake was able to kick them away, even smearing the poison along the floor, and Pucci was completely unharmed.
I therefore believe that Stands should get resistance to poison manipulation.

Remember, these are normal legit frogs that were yoinked by weather. It’s hax won’t affect a stand becos selective Intang

The poison works by touching the skin and entering, reaching your heart and other systems and paralysing it.

Stands have none of that, so even if whitensnake touched it, it wouldn't affect a nonexistent circulatory system, this is less resistance and more the fact the poison has no target.

Also pretty sure whitesnake acted as a umbrella for pucci by punching frogs

The poison works by touching the skin and entering, reaching your heart and other systems and paralysing it.

Stands have none of that, so even if whitensnake touched it, it wouldn't affect a nonexistent circulatory system, this is less resistance and more the fact the poison has no target.

Also pretty sure whitesnake acted as a umbrella for pucci by punching frogs
Yeah exactly, that’s what I’m saying.

But he is physically touching them.
resistance only comes from tanking the object interacting with you. Not you with the object when it can’t interact. For example, if electro from marvel attacked Jotaro, and sp body blocks, that doesn’t mean sp has elec resist, becos the elec just can’t interact with him.

Dude. The poison smeared on his foot. Neither WS nor Pucci was harmed by the poison. So Stands have resistance to poison Due to probably having no circulatory system.

What are you talking about?
If a stand was tangible, it would be able to be hurt by anything assuming it didn’t return to intangibl.

also fyi it’s not just Stand Intangibility because the poison smeared along the floor, and the frogs were kicked aside.

What are you talking about?
If a stand was tangible, it would be able to be hurt by anything assuming it didn’t return to intangibl.
I’m fairly certain that’s not the way it works. I’m pretty sure if say, goku was fighting equal speed Jotaro, sp would body block everything with no problem

The problem is that damage to stands reflect on the user. also if a stand was tangible and Goku hit it, it would still hit because it is tangible.

The problem is that damage to stands reflect on the user. also if a stand was tangible and Goku hit it, it would still hit because it is tangible.
I asked chariot, and he basically said what I said. Cos from the jojo threads iv seen, that’s basically how stands r treated.

I asked chariot, and he basically said what I said. Cos from the jojo threads iv seen, that’s basically how stands r treated.
I don’t know who chariot is, nor do I care. He cannot be intangible if he moved the poison around on the floor.

I don’t know who chariot is, nor do I care. He cannot be intangible if he moved the poison around on the floor.
It’s selective intangibility for a reason. He can interact, non stands can’t interact back. An example that comes to mind is Death 13 strangling Pol, Pol tries to hit back, can’t touch it, whilst it chokes him to death.

the point about stands not having any kind of biology to be poisoned actually makes sense but I wont be voting cause of that
intangibility is only protective when it's being used, but if he punched all the frogs it'd be realistic that some got onto white snake, otherwise, it would splash onto pucci
most of all tho, is the fact that stone free quite literally sat covered in frog juice in that same scene, so yeah I agree

It’s selective intangibility for a reason. He can interact, non stands can’t interact back. An example that comes to mind is Death 13 strangling Pol, Pol tries to hit back, can’t touch it, whilst it chokes him to death.
But... he touched it. He wasn’t intangible at the moment.

Here to say, he never crushed them underfoot in the manga. Anime only detail.

Uh, so? What does GER have to do with this?

Manga he moves frogs to the side without crushing them.

Anime he stomps them into the dirt because **** frogs I guess, thus resulting in a huge pool of poison.

That's a pretty big difference. And if you're talking about the energy pebble thing, the scene was portrayed the same in both anime and manga, with the biggest difference being the house in the background, if the weird laserbeam-esque energy stuff was anime only we wouldn't list that either.

Also I wanna point out, the frogs aren't dangerous to touch, only if they explode or the internal poison gets on you. Hell you can buy these things as a pet even.

My point is we sometimes just say “this was in the manga/anime only so uh idk”
We don't unless both corroborate each other to at least a degree. Specific anime only quirks we tend to avoid, otherwise we'd have shit like Tier 7 Stingy eyes and 9-A Speedwagon.

If you wanna argue something, you'd better off arguing Stone Free has inorganic physiology.

the point about stands not having any kind of biology to be poisoned actually makes sense but I wont be voting cause of that
intangibility is only protective when it's being used, but if he punched all the frogs it'd be realistic that some got onto white snake, otherwise, it would splash onto pucci
most of all tho, is the fact that stone free quite literally sat covered in frog juice in that same scene, so yeah I agree

What? Selective Intangibility is not a factor here.
Also yeah, inorganic physiology is really what I’m going for here.

I think the wiki is super picky about anime only stuff too, even tho really I find it highly likely that he would have the resistance as well
at most you can get a possibly resistance to poison since he directly punched the frogs which would have probably exploded them, so even if he made the rest of his body intangible the part that's punching the frogs could've been exposed to it

Back