• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo Part 3: Jotaro Movement Speed Downgrade

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/671209#193

"Now I'm going to have to use the anime adaptation on this, and since we're apparently validating it as long as it stays true to the manga (which this does), we hit the jackpot.Starting time should be at 1:14 when N'Doul loses his cane, and ending time should be 1:39 where he begins to scan once he regains the cane, or 25 seconds total. Simple math gives us 16 m/s, which is right in the middle of Superhuman." -Arigamy

I have to point out that Jotaro says this while in mid air, and still has to fly an unspecified distance for N'doul to reflect sand off the wings of The Fool to locate them, as well as the part where Iggy descends and starts dragging Jotaro along the ground. They are clearly closer than the 400 meters Jotaro estimated with Star Platinum's enhanced eyesight and precision.

Starting the time at when N'doul loses his cane and placing the distance still at 400 meters is not accurate.

I believe Jotaro should be downgraded to Athletic Human or at most Peak Human running speed.

Jotaro Spots N'Doul
N'Doul Flicks Sand
N'Doul Detects Jotaro
Iggy Betrays Jotaro
Many actions and events including movement foward happen between Jotaro spotting N'Doul 400 meters away and when he touches the ground hurls Iggy and then starts running. The time frame should not be the 25 seconds suggested by Arigamy because that skips all of the action between.
Jotaro Hurls Iggy
N'Doul Loses His Cane

Athletic Human level seems like it could be fine to me.

Jotaro is a beast of a man but Araki's described him as someone who rarely runs so I agree with Athletic Human.

I am undecided about Athletic Human, I am just sure that the calculation is wrong.
Do more members or staff need to be involved for this to be addressed?

Back