• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Yes. We're doing this again.

This is officially the THIRD Johnny X vs Luffy match, completing the trilogy. A rivalry that will go down in the vsbw history books as one of the greatest.

Will this be the one to end it all? Let's find out!

Johnny X and Enies Lobby Luffy will be used here.

Johnny's equipment will be restricted..

Speed is equalized.

Both are in-character.

Johnny's AP is 200 Megatons, however his durability is 600 Megatons.

Luffy's AP is 108.57 Megatons in base, 217.14 Megatons in Gear 2, and 434.28 Megatons in Gear 3.

Johnny:

Luffy:

Inconclusive:

KqR0k6W.png

7770819-image_search_1611250284337.png

Last edited:
Luffy's gear 2nd's higher blitzes people...

Like they can't do anything at all to counter even with precog, completely blitzing their movement speed

So I think it's a stomp if you don't have any way to remove/deal with that

Not to mention, Luffy does have decent heat resistance which should reduce the effectiveness of Johnny’s Power Poots.

He will also have to deal with Luffy’s Accelerated Development which will allows him to grow stronger and faster as the battle continues.

Teleporting Spam will be annoying but he has some experience with Enel, who does a similar thing with his speed and precognition

With Luffy’s LS, if he grabs hold of Johnny, Johnny is not escaping. And if Luffy picks up on movements that Johnny always do to teleport (the raise his hands up and down iirc), he will definitely find a way to restrain him.

Luffy’s senses are also pretty good, from being able to hit the real person from a bunch of fakes with his instinct to it being near precognitive.

I don’t know how Johnny will fare against Luffy with all these advantages. Sure, Johnny has a very high durability, but Luffy has face off and defeated characters who could no-sold his attacks like Don Krieg. Don’t know how Johnny will even handle against a skilled fighter of Luffy’s caliber going off their Intelligence

Not to mention, Luffy does have decent heat resistance which should reduce the effectiveness of Johnny’s Power Poots.
How good is his heat resistance?

He will also have to deal with Luffy’s Accelerated Development which will allows him to grow stronger and faster as the battle continues.
This shit is gonna be so annoying to deal with.

Teleporting Spam will be annoying but he has some experience with Enel, who does a similar thing with his speed and precognition
Johnny's teleportation helps him teleport great distances. He can teleport as far as space. This will make Johnny particularly annoying to deal with because Johnny can teleport as far as he needs to avoid Luffy, which can negate Luffy's AP/Precog/IA for the time being.

With Luffy’s LS, if he grabs hold of Johnny, Johnny is not escaping. And if Luffy picks up on movements that Johnny always do to teleport (the raise his hands up and down iirc), he will definitely find a way to restrain him.
The thing is that this is no easy task.

For the first part of just trying to restrain Johnny, not only can the kid teleport, he's shown to be very elusive without Teleportation. Of course, those lasers were standing still, but I can argue that Johnny has very good aerial movement which will make it hard for Luffy to grab and restrain.

Even then, Johnny can just use his Shape Shifting powers to turn into a smaller animal to escape Luffy's grasp, so LS isn't as big of a factor as you think.

Now for that second half about Johnny teleporting, it seriously depends on the distance of both competitors.

Johnny in this key is a ranged fighter who doesn't engage in CQC/H2H, so really the only way I can see Luffy catching Johnny is if he closes the distance on him, and even then, Luffy still has to deal with all of the aforementioned things above.

My question is that are Luffy's senses so good that he can avoid city-sized Tornadoes and Explosions?

Sure, Johnny has a very high durability, but Luffy has face off and defeated characters who could no-sold his attacks like Don Krieg
This is fair, but let me go through each Gear Luffy has, including his base.

Base Luffy vs Johnny X: Luffy is basically incapable of harming Johnny. Johnny is far too durable, and he has Toon Force, Elasticity, Regen (albeit inconsistent), and Immense Pain Tolerance stacked on top of that. Really can't see how Luffy would win this.

Gear 2 Luffy vs Johnny X: Both Luffy and Johnny are basically dead even in terms of Attack Potency, but Johnny is still too durable, just to a lesser extent this time as compared to base Luffy.

Gear 3 Luffy vs Johnny X: Now this is when Luffy can really start laying the smackdown on Johnny. Johnny is still more durable, but the gap between his dura and Luffy's Attack Potency is negligible, so now Johnny will really start to actually feel long lasting pain from Luffy's attacks. Johnny will also have to deal with a roughly 2x AP disadvantage, along with a speed disadvantage, which will make it even worse thanks to Luffy's strong senses.

This fight honestly depends on whether or not Johnny is capable of finishing Luffy off before Luffy finishes him off, which is why I'm starting to lean towards Incon.

Random loves incon huh

Luffy's gear 2nd's higher blitzes people...

Like they can't do anything at all to counter even with precog, completely blitzing their movement speed

So I think it's a stomp if you don't have any way to remove/deal with that
Anyways any response to this?

Nah, gear 3rd speed = base speed.

Gear 2 has it's own speed amp that blitzes other characters, which is why I said speed is Luffy's biggest advantage (amongst other things of course)
So you're telling me Luffy's greatest chances of winning is in Gear 2, correct?

Johnny can tank like all of Luffy's attacks, especially in base and G2, but Luffy has the speed advantage using G2 and very high speed advantage using Soru (possibly nearing blitz territory). I think this match in particular will be very fun to debate in because of their kits.

This is what you said, so I assumed that Luffy can speed blitz via Soru.

Even then, Johnny still has a solid dura advantage, along with many other abilities that make him a tank.

Based off of Nierre's statements, I think I can say that Luffy actually has the best chance of winning in Gear 2, it's just going to be annoying asf to put Johnny down for good.

In my opinion, yes.

He does have a decent wincon in base via LS and outlasting Johnny, but Gear 2 has a farrr better and easier wincon than base.

Gear 3 will be the hardest. Although the AP and LS become far greater, after he uses gear 3rd, luffy turns chibi and he will just end up being useless

He does have a decent wincon in base via LS and outlasting Johnny, but Gear 2 has a farrr better and easier wincon than base.
LS isn't that useful tbh, but outlasting Johnny isn't out of the picture, though outlasting Johnny means you're going to need to fight the kid for a very, very long time in order to tire him out.

My argument still stays the same for the most part.

This fight really depends on whether or not Johnny finishes Luffy off before Luffy finishes Johnny off (specifically in Gear 2).

I'd go Incon here tbh. This match is a lot closer than I initially thought.

I feel like Luffy could pretty cleanly finish Johnny off once he uses Gear 2. Luffy is blitz levels above Johnny, and he doesn't usually let up until he dies or completely runs out of stamina.
True. Luffy blitzes Johnny in Gear 2. It's all a matter of putting Johnny down for good.

Johnny's dura is 2.76319425256x stronger than Luffy's AP in Gear 2. On top of Toon Force, Regen (inconsistent), Elasticity, and Immense Pain Tolerance will make it hard for Luffy to put Johnny down for good.

How good is his heat resistance?
You could… you know… check the profile, but to quote directly

Withstood and parry away Enel’s high voltage spear, which could turn wood to ashes upon contact. By the time of the Paramount War Saga, he can withstand the boiling temperatures of Levels 3 and 4 in Impel Down as well stand near Akainu when he’s attacking, where the heat coming off his body has been shown to vaporize enemy weapons around him)

Johnny's teleportation helps him teleport great distances. He can teleport as far as space. This will make Johnny particularly annoying to deal with because Johnny can teleport as far as he needs to avoid Luffy, which can negate Luffy's AP/Precog/IA for the time being.
Indeed, he can teleport but in the end, he will have to come back down eventually. And with his senses, Johnny won’t be catching Luffy off guard

The thing is that this is no easy task.

For the first part of just trying to restrain Johnny, not only can the kid teleport, he's shown to be very elusive without Teleportation. Of course, those lasers were standing still, but I can argue that Johnny has very good aerial movement which will make it hard for Luffy to grab and restrain.

Even then, Johnny can just use his Shape Shifting powers to turn into a smaller animal to escape Luffy's grasp, so LS isn't as big of a factor as you think.

Now for that second half about Johnny teleporting, it seriously depends on the distance of both competitors.

Johnny in this key is a ranged fighter who doesn't engage in CQC/H2H, so really the only way I can see Luffy catching Johnny is if he closes the distance on him, and even then, Luffy still has to deal with all of the aforementioned things above.
Johnny’s ability to shapeshift would let him circumvent the difference but not entirely. The difference in their LS is massive to the point that it likely that Luffy could break his bones by accident by squeezing hard enough. And yeah, he has Regeneratio but it is noted to be inconsistent and I have to ask whether the regeneration is combat applicable (as in, as he ever repair broken bones in the middle of a fight)

I mean, I doubt Johnny could escape Luffy’s attack range. At his best, Luffy massively outranges Johnny by a lot
My question is that are Luffy's senses so good that he can avoid city-sized Tornadoes and Explosions?
Well yeah. While his attacks are AoE, he still need to aim it in Luffy’s general direction. If Luffy knows something is coming, he can always take Johnny’s back. With his Accelerated Development, Gear 2nd and Soru, it would be easy for Luffy to avoids the attacks.

Not to mention, with his heat resistance, I doubt the Power Poots would do much.

Luffy gatling should frankly be enough to put Johnny down once he gets caught in it, Johnny is just going to be caught in punches for a very long time once Luffy realizes his normal attacks aren't enough

Withstood and parry away Enel’s high voltage spear, which could turn wood to ashes upon contact. By the time of the Paramount War Saga, he can withstand the boiling temperatures of Levels 3 and 4 in Impel Down as well stand near Akainu when he’s attacking, where the heat coming off his body has been shown to vaporize enemy weapons around him)
While Power Poots (the non-explosion one) won't be too effective, Johnny does have a transformation called "Heat Mode" (it sucks I know). He transforms into something that makes him look like the Flash, that significantly increases his flight speed. He's so hot that he's literally able to melt all of the snow from Porkbelly in a matter of seconds.

Indeed, he can teleport but in the end, he will have to come back down eventually. And with his senses, Johnny won’t be catching Luffy off guard
Thing is that Luffy will have to predict city-sized attacks, which is a lot easier said than done than predicting a person's muscle movements, so I think Johnny can 100% land an attack on Luffy if he teleports back.

Johnny’s ability to shapeshift would let him circumvent the difference but not entirely. The difference in their LS is massive to the point that it likely that Luffy could break his bones by accident by squeezing hard enough.
Is Elasticity a good counter to getting squeezed hard? If so, I can confidently say that Johnny's Elasticity will help him here. Crushing, squishing, flattening, etc. won't put Johnny down. I still think that Johnny can quite easily escape Luffy's grasp if he transforms into a small enough animal, especially with how elusive he is.

I could also potentially argue that Johnny's Body Control (he can fit in things he normally wouldn't be able to fit in) can be helpful here, though I'm not too sure about this one.
And yeah, he has Regeneratio but it is noted to be inconsistent and I have to ask whether the regeneration is combat applicable (as in, as he ever repair broken bones in the middle of a fight)
With or without regen, Johnny has enough Pain Tolerance to fight through that.

Though if you want an answer, he regenerates off screen. Most of the time, he just kinda ignores the pain.

I mean, I doubt Johnny could escape Luffy’s attack range. At his best, Luffy massively outranges Johnny by a lot
Since Johnny can teleport as far as space, I'm quite confident he can escape Luffy's attack range.

Well yeah. While his attacks are AoE, he still need to aim it in Luffy’s general direction. If Luffy knows something is coming, he can always take Johnny’s back
The thing is that all Johnny needs to do is clap his hands together and a massive tornado comes out, giving Luffy very little time to react. This isn't some charge up move that takes a few seconds to perform.

With his Accelerated Development, Gear 2nd and Soru, it would be easy for Luffy to avoids the attacks.
Fair.

Luffy gatling should frankly be enough to put Johnny down once he gets caught in it, Johnny is just going to be caught in punches for a very long time once Luffy realizes his normal attacks aren't enough
I'm pretty sure Johnny can survive that with the multiple defensive hax that I mentioned already.

well with the amount of stamina luffy has, Johnny will eventually drop. His Pain Tolerance doesn't grant him immunity, and Luffy can just spam it as johnny cannot react to his blitz

well with the amount of stamina luffy has, Johnny will eventually drop. His Pain Tolerance doesn't grant him immunity, and Luffy can just spam it as johnny cannot react to his blitz
How can I say "Luffy FRA" without saying "Luffy FRA" in a nutshell.

Back