• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(VOTES NEEDED) Joel and Ellie goes hunting for elephants! (Joel Miller and Ellie (TLoU Video Game))

Ok. I know that I want to be the "hahahha 9-B guy fights large animal", but I want matches like these to be fair. So I decided to invite the Last of Us to hunt some poor Elephants to see if the Elephants will become more poaching victims, or this will be another incident of Elephants crushing 2 zombie apocalpyse survivors.

Conditions:
  • The duo will be hunting 10 elephants.
  • The elephants will have 10 min of preparation and prior knowledge
  • Speed is equal so a bunch of characters I literally don't know can't run away, or blitz a bunch of chunky animals
  • Battle takes place in an abandoned zoo during the Cordeyceps fungi apocalypse in TLoU.
Notes: Apparently, the duo scales from Abby, who can destroy barrels. though it shouldn't be enough for them to one-shot.

Joel+Ellie: 2 (ThePrimalHunter, AThe1412, Mariogoods, )

A bunch of lovely animals:

Everyone dies (incon):

Last edited:
Joel & Ellie actually scale to destroying barrels due to scaling from Abby, so they're far higher into Wall level

Anyways I'm not sure what prior knowledge & prep will do for the elephants, I don't think they're really smart enough to capitalize on that. Elephant Guns kill elephants all the time so Joel & Ellie's guns should be more than capable of putting them down as they scale far higher due to blasting apart the skulls of those that can tank hits from Joel. The elephants have impressive senses but Joel & Ellie have hid from creatures with extremley powerful senses like clickers and even other humans in the verse who have the "listen" ability.

Flamethrowers, Molotovs, Smoke Bombs, Nail Bombs, Trip Mines, ect will all do great damage to the elephants and it's in-character for these guys to just spam these, Med-Kits will deal with pretty much any damage the 2 of them take, and they've faught groups of characters before

Unless I'm missing something, Joel & Ellie seem to have a big advantage here. Not voting yet, but definetly leaning towards them

Considering elephants have plowed through huts while drunk and pushed down giant fences before... I think the elephants would likely be down two or three of their kind before they get a foothold of Joel and Ellie, and elephants getting a foothold of people would lead to very... gory results.

Joel & Ellie actually scale to destroying barrels due to scaling from Abby, so they're far higher into Wall level

Anyways I'm not sure what prior knowledge & prep will do for the elephants, I don't think they're really smart enough to capitalize on that. Elephant Guns kill elephants all the time so Joel & Ellie's guns should be more than capable of putting them down as they scale far higher due to blasting apart the skulls of those that can tank hits from Joel. The elephants have impressive senses but Joel & Ellie have hid from creatures with extremley powerful senses like clickers and even other humans in the verse who have the "listen" ability.

Flamethrowers, Molotovs, Smoke Bombs, Nail Bombs, Trip Mines, ect will all do great damage to the elephants and it's in-character for these guys to just spam these, Med-Kits will deal with pretty much any damage the 2 of them take, and they've faught groups of characters before

Unless I'm missing something, Joel & Ellie seem to have a big advantage here. Not voting yet, but definetly leaning towards them
Updated OP accordingly.

Still not enough for a one-shot fortunately. Elephants are capable of forming plans and can form complex solutions against people. They regularly deal with african animals (which also have enhanced senses, though they are physically weaker than the elephants an not on the level of humans' hearing in the game) and have their ways of knowing how to deal with humans (especially poachers) in groups with effective coordination.

To an extent, they can think ahead and beat the duo at their own game or continue to gore them until they can't heal themselves. The duo seems to have superior combat exp and weaponry though.

Last edited:
Updated OP accordingly.

Still not enough for a one-shot fortunately. Elephants are capable of forming plans and can form complex solutions against people. They regularly deal with african animals (which also have enhanced senses, though they are physically weaker than the elephants an not on the level of humans' hearing in the game) and have their ways of knowing how to deal with humans (especially poachers) in groups with effective coordination.

To an extent, they can think ahead and beat the duo at their own game or continue to gore them until they can't heal themselves. The duo seems to have superior combat exp and weaponry though.
Sure, they can team up and plan against humans, but that's only when they can see them and fight back. Joen & Ellie won't just be running at them, they'll be hiding and shooting them down from a distance. And it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 well placed shots to kill the elephants. That plus weapons like molotovs and explosives that can blow the elephants apart can counter that. They can use smoke bombs to get back into stealth if needed, and are far better stratigists than the elephants are

Sure, they can team up and plan against humans, but that's only when they can see them and fight back. Joen & Ellie won't just be running at them, they'll be hiding and shooting them down from a distance. And it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 well placed shots to kill the elephants. That plus weapons like molotovs and explosives that can blow the elephants apart can counter that. They can use smoke bombs to get back into stealth if needed, and are far better stratigists than the elephants are
TLoU team is pretty stacked ngl. I'm thinking of allowing votes for the duo if the Elephants have at least a single reasonable wincon.

Wait, the fact that Elephants can literally bust through houses in africa and asia puts them at 9-B. So why can't they just do the same thing to the objects Joel and Ellie's are using as cover? The Elephants know that the duo uses stealth, and it's in character of them to use charges to defend themselves. And doesn't it take time for the duo to use/reload their weapons? The elephants could be charging at them during that time.

Last edited:
Wait, the fact that Elephants can literally bust through houses in africa and asia puts them at 9-B. So why can't they just do the same thing to the objects Joel and Ellie's are using as cover? The Elephants know that the duo uses stealth, and it's in character of them to use charges to defend themselves. And doesn't it take time for the duo to use/reload their weapons? The elephants could be charging at them during that time.
Even if the elephants plowed through every single piece of cover in the zoo, elephants at max speed only generate about 412,000 Joules of energy, which is less than half of Joel & Ellie's AP, and the fact that the elephants likely wouldn't even know where Joel & Ellie are only makes this worse for the animals. They wouldn't know where to charge because there's 100 diffrent things Joel & Ellie could be hiding behind. And once they expose their cover, they can just run and hide behind something else. They're pretty good at slipping back into stealth after getting caught, just look at Abby in her fight with Ellie (& Joel and Ellie are definetly capable of recreating said feats as they are comparable to her in stealth).

Heck, the duo could just do what Abby did with the rat king and kite the elephants until all of them are dead while spamming throwables and bullets. Reloading times won't be an issue as it takes litteraly like 2 seconds to reload and they can move around while doing that. Or switch to another weapon. Or just throw a molotov and burn the elephant alive. The big issue here would be numbers. But with 2 of them, they only have to kill 5 each and they'd be fine, and they have plenty of weapons that can kill the elephants extremley quickly, heck, possibly even one-shot them. An elephant having its leg blown off by a trip mine Ellie places down likely won't survive very long

Charging opponents aren't new to Joel & Ellie, they fight Bloaters on the daily who mainly just try to charge head-first at them. They have higher APs & durability than the elephants and yet Joel & a kid Ellie (Adult Ellie would be a lot more powerful & useful) could fight off like 3 of them just fine. I think they could re-create something simular with the elephants

Even if the elephants plowed through every single piece of cover in the zoo, elephants at max speed only generate about 412,000 Joules of energy, which is less than half of Joel & Ellie's AP, and the fact that the elephants likely wouldn't even know where Joel & Ellie are only makes this worse for the animals. They wouldn't know where to charge because there's 100 diffrent things Joel & Ellie could be hiding behind. And once they expose their cover, they can just run and hide behind something else. They're pretty good at slipping back into stealth after getting caught, just look at Abby in her fight with Ellie (& Joel and Ellie are definetly capable of recreating said feats as they are comparable to her in stealth).

Heck, the duo could just do what Abby did with the rat king and kite the elephants until all of them are dead while spamming throwables and bullets. Reloading times won't be an issue as it takes litteraly like 2 seconds to reload and they can move around while doing that. Or switch to another weapon. Or just throw a molotov and burn the elephant alive. The big issue here would be numbers. But with 2 of them, they only have to kill 5 each and they'd be fine, and they have plenty of weapons that can kill the elephants extremley quickly, heck, possibly even one-shot them. An elephant having its leg blown off by a trip mine Ellie places down likely won't survive very long

Charging opponents aren't new to Joel & Ellie, they fight Bloaters on the daily who mainly just try to charge head-first at them. They have higher APs & durability than the elephants and yet Joel & a kid Ellie (Adult Ellie would be a lot more powerful & useful) could fight off like 3 of them just fine. I think they could re-create something simular with the elephants
Seems like a stomp match so far. Move the match to an area with less cover, like a spread out open plain with low grass and few trees?

Seems like a stomp match so far. Move the match to an area with less cover, like a spread out open plain with low grass and few trees?
I wouldn't say it's a stomp match, the elephants still have numbers and could still kill the 2 given enough time. Plus, they have limited resources so it's not like they could just spam infinite molotovs

I'm voting for Joel & Ellie though, their win-cons seem more likely to happen and they stand a better chance

I wouldn't say it's a stomp match, the elephants still have numbers and could still kill the 2 given enough time. Plus, they have limited resources so it's not like they could just spam infinite molotovs

I'm voting for Joel & Ellie though, their win-cons seem more likely to happen and they stand a better chance
Will count your vote.

Back