• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJK Mid Tiers Possible Downgrade

Arkenis

They/Them
So for some time I've been wondering why we have the mid tiers rated as 8-B+, characters like Maki (with pc), Nanami, or a host of others like Naoya, Naobito, Ogi, Mei Mei, etc.

The only 8-B+ calc on page is this, it's Mahito's slam of Yuji. This is Mahito in his ISB transformation, a form not even Yuji could harm without BF. Given this is the only 8-B+ calc, people should not scale to it regularly.

Next is Mahito's Body Repel which is 8-B, almost 8-B+, the thing is this calc is when Mahito unlocked 120% of his potential, and if we look at previous Body Repels we can see a clear difference in quantity of the transfigured humans used compared to the calced one.

What these characters should scale to is this FB calc. For those with Black Flash, I think a likely rating or outright should be 8-B+ with it.

A slight change but I see nothing for the 8-B+ rating to most of these characters.
Please don't let this go on for 5 pages

Well it's not so much Mahito perfoming the feat that the mid tiers scale to but rather Yuji tanking the slam with no visible damage and a lot of people scale to this version of Yuji.

The thing is, Yuji didn't take any noticeable damage from Instant Spirit Body Mahito slamming him, all that happened was that his leg of all things started twitching and even then that was from the result of all the damage he took from Mahito when he jumped back into the fight after Nitta halted his previous injuries. In comparison, Base form Mahito has done more damage to Yuji and it's not like ISBDK Mahito's AP is relative to Yuji's durability when we're told Mahito would've torn Yuji to shreds if Yuji missed his Black Flash hence why Yuji is scaled to the calc and Mahito gets to have a x3 multiplier applied to his own feat.

This is prior to unlocking 120% of their potential.

Yeah this is fine, I think Yuji should scale, but I don't see why others scale to 120% Yuji. Yuji's already known as a strong character and he shows the greater durability so saying others scale in ap or durability shouldn't be done.

Back