• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine Jiro's technique would inverse force too since Fushiguro explicitly mentions air resistance being something that affects him but is below his technique's threshold, the acceleration of falling objects on its own are 9.81 m/s^2 which would get Class 5 results from Max Elephant, Jiro's calc actually had visible compression of the ground which allowed for Class M results.
And what I'm saying is not only is Jiro dealing with a Max Elephant that isn't as heavy because Megumi's Domain is what gives the elephant its full mass. But again, Jiro's technique specifically gives him invulnerability so he wouldn't be dealing with the full weight of whatever Fushigiro dropped on top of him and seeing as he only holds up Max Elephant for like a few seconds and doesn't actually do any moving of the elephant while on top, then while the calc might be fine I have trouble believing it'd actually be accurate to this character and those that scale to him.

And what I'm saying is not only is Jiro dealing with a Max Elephant that isn't as heavy because Megumi's Domain is what gives the elephant its full mass. But again, Jiro's technique specifically gives him invulnerability so he wouldn't be dealing with the full weight of whatever Fushigiro dropped on top of him and seeing as he only holds up Max Elephant for like a few seconds and doesn't actually do any moving of the elephant while on top, then while the calc might be fine I have trouble believing it'd actually be accurate to this character and those that scale to him.
Even with the "reduced weight", it was still enough to weigh Jiro down enough to cause a massive crater beneath him. So even if we want to make that argument, he'd still scale to the full yield of the calc. Would just mean its full force would've been significantly higher.

Even with the "reduced weight", it was still enough to weigh Jiro down enough to cause a massive crater beneath him. So even if we want to make that argument, he'd still scale to the full yield of the calc. Would just mean its full force would've been significantly higher.
Again the issue here is that he's allowed to do this not because he's naturally strong, but because his cursed technique gives him pseudo invincibility. That already makes giving him such high LS dubious. But the fact a sorcerer whose just stronger than him, the likes of Reggie, struggled immensely under much less force (and a heavier elephant) goes even further against this calc actually working with scaling to other characters. The reason why we'd treat Reggie as stronger is because not only could he take on the likes of Divine Totality and a Post-Shibuya Megumi in his own domain (both of which Jiro scales below) And since CE is a universal energy system, the true issue here is that anyone whose stronger than Jiro in AP should also scale above him in LS as well. So no matter what, we're given a direct anti-feat that makes the calc not really work for characters around this tier.

That Yuji calc can work for scaling because everyone that would scale to that Yuji currently but Jiro's just doesn't click as far I as I can see at the moment.

Again the issue here is that he's allowed to do this not because he's naturally strong, but because his cursed technique gives him pseudo invincibility. That already makes giving him such high LS dubious. But the fact a sorcerer whose just stronger than him, the likes of Reggie, struggled immensely under much less force (and a heavier elephant) goes even further against this calc actually working with scaling to other characters. The reason why we'd treat Reggie as stronger is because not only could he take on the likes of Divine Totality and a Post-Shibuya Megumi in his own domain (both of which Jiro scales below) And since CE is a universal energy system, the true issue here is that anyone whose stronger than Jiro in AP should also scale above him in LS as well. So no matter what, we're given a direct anti-feat that makes the calc not really work for characters around this tier.

That Yuji calc can work for scaling because everyone that would scale to that Yuji currently but Jiro's just doesn't click as far I as I can see at the moment.
You're trying to equate durability to Lifting Strength. If his muscles weren't enough to support the weight, he'd simply get pinned down, but wouldn't suffer any injury from it. And if you really wish to make the argument that it somehow reduces the load/weight he needs to lift, even with the reduced effects, it still caused him to weigh enough to compress the concrete beneath his feet.

Nor is Cursed Energy scaling the best. Someone can have better output but less total energy. Not to mention some people are also naturally strong, such as Itadori who hardly has ANY Cursed Technique, yet is stronger than most Sorcerers WITH Cursed Energy. So Reggie scaling to a higher AP value shouldn't be grounds to instantly say he scales above. And you also keep ignoring the point I've made several times regarding this feat:

Reggie catches a falling Maximum Elephant. The lifting strength to halt its momentum over such a short distance would easily be over Class 100. And even after stopping it and his tibia fracturing, he could still hold Max Elephant above him. So what I suggest is seeing if I can find the LS required for Reggie to stop Max Elephant from falling and that can be seen as an upper bound given it caused a minor tibia injury. There's other feats I noticed performed by other characters as well that I think easily hit the Class K or M ballpark that I hadn't gotten to yet.

You're trying to equate durability to Lifting Strength. If his muscles weren't enough to support the weight, he'd simply get pinned down, but wouldn't suffer any injury from it. And if you really wish to make the argument that it somehow reduces the load/weight he needs to lift, even with the reduced effects, it still caused him to weigh enough to compress the concrete beneath his feet.
No, I'm equating LS between CE users. When I say Reggie struggled to uphold Maximum Elephant, I'm talking about how he was being crushed because he could only be crushed if his LS wasn't good enough to handle it. It is a matter of LS and Durability at the same time.
Nor is Cursed Energy scaling the best. Someone can have better output but less total energy. Not to mention some people are also naturally strong, such as Itadori who hardly has ANY Cursed Technique, yet is stronger than most Sorcerers WITH Cursed Energy. So Reggie scaling to a higher AP value shouldn't be grounds to instantly say he scales above. And you also keep ignoring the point I've made several times regarding this feat:
It is when talking about Universal Energy Systems. Even more than that, what's being argued here right now isn't to just give Jiro this feat, but to scale all Grade 1 Sorcerer's and higher. Which only works because of our Universal Energy System. Yuji is just naturally strong, so a lot of his solo feats don't ever have to worry about conflicting with the scaling because he's able to exist outside of the power system, same goes for Maki and Toji. But someone like Jiro, unless we're choosing to put this on his CT which we can, we just wouldn't scale anyone else to this, would be subject to scrutiny when a stronger person shows an Anti-feat which directly goes against this feat here.
Reggie catches a falling Maximum Elephant. The lifting strength to halt its momentum over such a short distance would easily be over Class 100. And even after stopping it and his tibia fracturing, he could still hold Max Elephant above him. So what I suggest is seeing if I can find the LS required for Reggie to stop Max Elephant from falling and that can be seen as an upper bound given it caused a minor tibia injury. There's other feats I noticed performed by other characters as well that I think easily hit the Class K or M ballpark that I hadn't gotten to yet.
And it doesn't matter that Reggie catches a falling Maximum Elephant, because he was then being crushed by one that wasn't falling. And without more calcs to support this feat for characters around this tier, and even with that as seen with the speed downgrade, this calc doesn't look the best for scaling.

No, I'm equating LS between CE users. When I say Reggie struggled to uphold Maximum Elephant, I'm talking about how he was being crushed because he could only be crushed if his LS wasn't good enough to handle it. It is a matter of LS and Durability at the same time.
It's a matter of both, but the two aren't completely mutual. You can have the durability to tank the damage from Max Elephant falling on you, but that doesn't mean you have the lifting strength to support its weight or halt its momentum. You can have City level durability and Class 1 LS and be pinned if a semi truck falls on you. You wouldn't be able to halt its momentum, that much is for sure.
It is when talking about Universal Energy Systems. Even more than that, what's being argued here right now isn't to just give Jiro this feat, but to scale all Grade 1 Sorcerer's and higher. Which only works because of our Universal Energy System. Yuji is just naturally strong, so a lot of his solo feats don't ever have to worry about conflicting with the scaling because he's able to exist outside of the power system, same goes for Maki and Toji. But someone like Jiro, unless we're choosing to put this on his CT which we can, we just wouldn't scale anyone else to this, would be subject to scrutiny when a stronger person shows an Anti-feat which directly goes against this feat here.
A flawed UES given having more CE isn't enough to be stronger alone and other things such as output and natural strength also play roles.
And it doesn't matter that Reggie catches a falling Maximum Elephant, because he was then being crushed by one that wasn't falling. And without more calcs to support this feat for characters around this tier, and even with that as seen with the speed downgrade, this calc doesn't look the best for scaling.
But like... it does matter? lol. He halted its momentum, and that caused his leg bone to get ****** up, and yet even with that hindrance to his physical performance, he could STILL support Maximum Elephants resting mass. So to act is if him being able to support Maximum Elephants weight with a handicap that makes it harder to support standing up is an anti-feat is crazy. Had he not suffered an injury in his leg, holding it up clearly wouldn't have been an issue.

Didn't Jiro also easily catch and stop a car thrown at him by Itadori? Hell, Itadori even says he has insane raw power AFTER doing it (and tossing the car away effortlessly)
8.jpg

9.jpg

He's clearly an exception strength-wise, or what happened in Fushiguro's domain was just a bad anti-feat (only for Fushiguro, and even then that was only for the specific reason that it was going to shut his body off by causing issues with his blood. Already explained Reggie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back