• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA Discussion Thread

No it's just the ability name you goof. Speed King doesn't have a substand, you haven't even seen the spoilers I don't think. and what did you mean by "epitaph/crossfire hurricane" tho are you just assuming or are you matpat

Arigarmy said:
@Lord
Since the Rohan one-shot is coming out around the same time, this chapter is a bit shorter. The tl;dr is that Jobin needs to not have his kid die and get away from Ozone Baby. Can't say much for the doggo. There's also usage of Runaway with chemical reactions that Jobin clearly mastered from high school chemistry. What's funny is that Speed King drives the car. The chapter should be up sometime within the next 12 hours I think?
Well that's guuud

@j-man

boy you asked the questions but put them like statements like you already knew what did you expect

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Boy what.
Just noting other not literal named things had musical callbacks.

Although technically not the exact same.
But it's Ronnie James Dio...His stand is probably gonna be every song he's made combined into one to defeat DIO

too many stands could be made for too many people, the only problem is the limited pool of powers you could really have because Coldsteel393's 12 year old creator will give him the power of everything tbh.

Arigarmy said:
too many stands could be made for too many people, the only problem is the limited pool of powers you could really have because Coldsteel393's 12 year old creator will give him the power of everything tbh.
Well...Ronnie James Dio's would porbably just be a stand that plays heavy rock music in some way that can harm someone.

Stratovarius? Lmao we'd be lucky if Blind Guardian got a shot. Araki doesn't pay attention to European Metal I don't think.

Arigarmy said:
Stratovarius? Lmao we'd be lucky if Blind Guardian got a shot. Araki doesn't pay attention to European Metal I don't think.
Well that sucks :C I personally believe lots of European Metal is good.

It's out my dudes. Check HWMN's site as usual.

EDIT: Enjoyable chapter, finally solidifies Jobin's spot in the story I guess. Speed King will hopefully stop changing in design from this point on.

I thought it was too, looks like we're reaching some sort of climax. I think Speed King's gotten down just right, since I don't think he's hiding any more specific abilities.

Unless Jojolion is gonna be much longer, we should be getting the main antagonist soon. My bets are still on Caato, especially since she should still be around the house currently and she has spacial manipulation

Perhaps its that Jobin has mastered his current understanding of his ability, but maybe he will either develop a new one completely or take it in another direction by learning its real nature

IMO it's been pretty clear that it's been Jobin since Damo bit the dust. Caato is just the Kira's dad of the part, but that's still only what I think. She doesn't really have any intimidating ulterior motives and isn't the dominating one at play, that'd be Jobin.

Jobin very much learned about his Stand before everything, it's just that he didn't need to use its ability to its fullest before.

Jobin lacks the Time/Space manipulation to be the true antagonist, he seems to be more of a Nero, Donatello, or Diego type character, unless of course he gains some ability akin to it then I suppose its on the table. Jojolion has alot of moving parts to it, similar to SBR. If Jobin does end up biting the dust (which I doubt he will, but he might), then she will definitely have more motives then

Eh, Araki did imply there was more to it then just heating and ignition.

You don't need time/space manipulation to be a main villain. Yes, Pucci did have Made in Heaven, but that was only endgame on like the last 5 chapters of the part. We're not at the endgame of JoJolion yet. Funny Valentine didn't have Time/Space Manipulation either, so using that as a crutch to say someone's a main villain or not is invalid since May 2008.

Araki said there was more to it than heating, which was the only thing that it was at the time. Now it's Killer Queen except instead of exploding you combust in the flames. Is it possible that Speed King could garner something in the future? Sure man, as long as Jesus doesn't burn in the fire.

Villains since Pucci are going for a more neutral motive approach, one in the sense where their motives are evil to someone else, but in their mind sense and most other people they can be seen as heroic. Valentine is a prime example of it, its just that he was a villain when it came to approaching that goal to a conflict. An antagonist, especially a main antagonist, has to have a main motive that contradicts the protagonists, such as with the Holy Corpse dilemma between Johnny wanting it to not be crippled and Valentine wanting it to better his country.

Let's list off the conflicts between Josuke and Jobin:

1. Jobin needs the Rokakaka to save his son. Josuke needs the Rokakaka to save his mother.

2. Jobin sees Josuke as a threat since he killed off his cohorts one by one and saw him killing Damo first hand. Josuke was told by Dolomiti that Jobin had called the hit on him and Yasuho during Blue Hawaii, making Jobin a threat to his life.

3. Josuke depends on Norisuke to help him obtain the Rokakaka. Jobin wishes to refrain his father and family from the Rokakaka scheme for the greater good.

4. Josuke's endgame goal with the Rokakaka is what's considered a negative-sum game. Jobin's endgame goal with the Rokakaka is what's considered a positive-sum game.

Let's list off the conflicts between Josuke and Caato:

well that was a short list. Joshu and Caato have more beef than what you suggest, and that was with what little we've seen from her.

You see what I mean? I'm not saying you're wrong and I can understand why you don't believe Jobin is the main villain, but there's not much supporting Caato other than Jobin not appearing to be like a villain, which is mostly Araki's goal.

What if Jobin gets an upgrade to his stand later on and Araki never explains his first ability ovo

Funny did have manipulation of space actually just an unorthodox one. Pucci with moon had unothrodox manipulation also (gravity).

Funny did litterally nothing wrong (pucci on the other hand man).

Honestly jpubin not main villain in my point of view. Honestly him and josuke teaming up or fighting an actual big bad threat or the puppet master may happen as joubin honestly seems like he would make a pact with josuke especially as his very son is actually on josukes team.

Plus he let when he had every option on killing yasuho with a mere few seconds of contact yet let yasuho live when it directly conflicted his direct goal of letting josuke die.

Essentially joubin may actually just be way too soft and may just truce with josuke.

@Data

Jesus is still in the shrine.

@J-Man

That Funny comment best be ironic. ƒæï Attempted rape is a wrong.

Tsurugi is a mixed bag. On one hand there's his ******* dad and then there's random stranger who he knows for a fact has good intentions but at the same time the disease. Jobin's not going to team with Josuke just because of his son. He saw firsthand what Josuke was capable of with Damo. Jobin isn't soft either, I don't know where you're getting that from. He spared Yasuho because he feared suspicion from his father, which again he doesn't want to struggle against due to conflict between their philosophies. There is no true hidden puppet master that isn't a dead pile of rocks named Damo, everything's been shown to us on what we need to know. Jobin hires the Rocks, the Rocks do things because he hires them. It's as simple as that, Jobin isn't being controlled by anything or anyone and is in it for his own gain as selfish as it may seem (again a positive-sum game outcome).

Different funny ovo.

Yeah maybe puppet master wrong word. Although we aware of more and different higher ups that may well have a hand in this man although JoJo man. Anything may happenjust not that well or very positive on what joubin may actually end up doing.

The Rock Humans Dolomiti mentioned aren't really going to make it in time if the Rokakaka is either going to be burned to a crisp or taken and consumed by someone else immediately. The only hostile ones we've seen is Urban and Doremi. The rest are just random blokes that we've seen interact with Jobin and they go "ok fine i'll help".

We know for a fact what Jobin's goals are: Kill Poor Tom, and then take the Rokakaka. How he does it is still unknown to us, but we know what his plans are. If he somehow can't give the Rokakaka to Tsurugi because Tsurugi either rejects it or ******* dies somehow, Jobin still talked about how he can benefit the Fruit Parlor.

Well yeah the fruit definitely getting saved and all that just expect the part go on awhile longer after all of the fire and poor Tom thing which definitely mean other high up and dangerous opponent may appear .

We don't know that they aren't near by tho, just saying. Don't forget there were definitely members listening to Dolemiti. Its likely they are keeping tabs on most of their rock humans, and if they really are doctors and scientists, its not that far from the hospital to the mansion

Possibly, but I don't think Poor Tom called any goonies when he was called to get his shit and pack up. Speaking of which how did he even know where it was buried?

Honestly want the original plan or whatever the paragraph OPEning with the wall eyes ta get a plot point.(guarding or watching or at least protecting from something). Also want more on my man Johnny(araki obviously did not forget as Johnny had been mentioned few ago).

Back