• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiren vs Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interpret him surpassing the God of Destruction state as just Belmod, until further evidence is provided to prove otherwise. Also "state" is pretty vague, the difference in power between the G.O.D. seem to vary. Although, this is more from a manga perspective than the anime, but I don't think they wil divert that much.

It's too early to assume I'm sorry. This is nothing but powerscaling which we know in DB is all over the place. Jiren should be stronger than Beerus via statements and scaling but then again, we don't know the true extent of Beerus' powers, his level of UI control or how smart he is in combat.

Taking it back old school, Buutenks was still weaker than Ultimate Gohan, yet was able to beat him via outsmarting him and thanks to Gotenks' unpredictable nature. Being stronger doesn't always garuntee victory, even in Dragonball. Goku and Vegeta even were able to catch mid-powered up Jiren off guard because of how their attacks are coordinated as stated by Whis. Yes, Jiren was able to take on Goku, Veggie, and 17 at once but my previous point still stands that Beerus could possibly defeat Jiren in a way that isn't overpowering him.

They are close enough in power either way that it comes down to who's the better fighter. We don't why Belmond can't defeat Jiren outside Jiren obviously being stronger to an extent. So, it's just hard for me to say Jiren wins simply because "he's stronger". They're both Low 2-C after all. Hit was even able to gain an upperhand on Jiren (casual I know) and would've beaten him were it not for his pride (a.k.a plot). Hit got said upperhand with hax (temporary since Jiren managed to break free of it.) Also, everyone's taking Whis' statements as Absolute. Whis said there's nothing Beerus can't destroy/hakai. Either way you look at it, we lack proper showings from Beerus and only have proper showings from Jiren.

I'm inconclusive on this.

NO he hasn't. Only that he is getting serious. Watch te episode before responding and you see no mention of him using his full power

They literally said "Jiren is unleashing his hidden power". I did watch the episode, no need to be rude.

Omfg I'm not even downplaying him...

He's using his true/real/full power. I'm not downplaying him by saying that. Jesus...

He is using his true powers, he is of yet using his 100%. Only vegeta commented on his effort he is currently exerting, and he only said that jiren "is just now serious". Serious does not = 100%.

Full power =/= 100% either. Goku once said "Full power!" and didn't even go Kaioken x10, just SSB. So me saying Jiren went full power, isn't me saying that's the extent of his abilities.

Still, this thread should be left alone as of now, since jiren, belmod, and beerus seem to be at the peak of G.o.D level, and we don't know how beerus and belmod compare. If beerus is stronger than belmod, then the outcome is still unknowable, since jiren is also above belmod, by an unknown extent. So let's wait till jiren gives it his all.

Sera Loveheart said:
Full power =/= 100% either. Goku once said "Full power!" and didn't even go Kaioken x10, just SSB. So me saying Jiren went full power, isn't me saying that's the extent of his abilities.
I think his "Full Power", just means his Full Default SSB Power...

Whis saying belmod was stronger than beerus is a fraud

Beerus was only beaten in an arm wrestle, and it wasnt even Belmod, it was Quitela, and if Whis was so sure, why did he go on to confirm it as a rumor when Jiren was holding back the spirit bomb?

I still think inconclusive, as Beerus is probably above GoD level as well, and could beat Jiren, since it seems Jiren might be beaten soon anyhow.

When was it stated it was Quitela who beat Beerus? The video clearly states that Jiren is stronger than the GoD who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.

And Whis stated that Jiren's power confirmed the rumor further proving that Jiren is either on or above GoD level.

And there is literally no proof whatsoever that Beerus is the strongest, or even a top tier GoD (this is only shown in the manga, but no such scaling exist in the anime.)

But I digress. I suppose we'll get our answers eventually.

Mister Death said:
Whis saying belmod was stronger than beerus is a fraud

Beerus was only beaten in an arm wrestle, and it wasnt even Belmod, it was Quitela, and if Whis was so sure, why did he go on to confirm it as a rumor when Jiren was holding back the spirit bomb?

I still think inconclusive, as Beerus is probably above GoD level as well, and could beat Jiren, since it seems Jiren might be beaten soon anyhow.

Manga and Anime tell different Stories. Stop.

This is my headcanon, but I think Whis was referring to Belmod, but Beerus mistakingly thought he was referring to Quitela. We know for sure that Jiren is the mortal stronger than gods Whis was talking about though.

Ryukama said:
This is my headcanon, but I think Whis was referring to Belmod, but Beerus mistakingly thought he was referring to Quitela. We know for sure that Jiren is the mortal stronger than gods Whis was talking about though.
Same here. Though, it could also just mean that the Gods were switched in the Manga/Anime. Though, I do agree with this more, however.

The answer will most likely be revealed during his fight with UI Goku in 2 weeks, then we can make a direct statement about who's > than who.

This thread should be closed and reopened once jiren is reavealed to be above beerus, then we put this in jirens win

Whether Jiren is stronger than Beerus might be resolved by a Goku UI fight. But if its stated Goku still cant beat Beerus during or afterwards, and Jiren loses, then

Beerus>Jiren

Cause again, we have never seen him go full power, and toppo was just proof of that

Out of topic, but when Goku, Vegeta and 17 fired beams at Jiren and he blocked it with his aura and injured them, was Goku in SSB KKx20 or just normal Kaioken?

We dont even know how powerful Beerus is when he is serious and using 100% of his power.I doubt Jiren can stand a chance against fully serious Beerus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back