• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiren vs Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beerus wins seeing as Jiren got bodied a little by only the defense half of UI Goku plus The angels say the gods of destructions didn't master it yet meaning each god of destruction has the attack or defense half to UI

First of all, UIO being divided into a defensive and offensive half is just theory and fan speculation. That's not confirmed at all, and doesn't mean anything.

Second of all, Jiren did not get bodied by Goku. Jiren took one attack from him, and it did not hurt him that much at all.

Third of all, Whis did say that Beerus didn't master the art of self-movement, but that does not mean that UIO with Beerus works at all like it does with Goku. It might not even power Beerus up. To assume that it powers Beerus up to the same extent that it powers Goku up is to assume that Beerus would become a High 2-A when using UIO.

Fourth, by statements, it is already confirmed that Jiren is more powerful than Beerus by a somewhat large margin. But that isn't why I would say Beerus wins. I say that because Beerus has Hakai, is able to ignore durability by attacking souls and is capable of sealing people away.

I know it might be speculatatory for now, but I believe it's possible Jiren might be able to survive a Hakai. Base Goku was able to survive the destruction energy and Golden Frieza tanked it after powering up. While of course this was from Sidra, and only a small portion of his destruction energy at that, it does indicate that those in Dragon Ball can overpower this attack through sheer energy. Coupling that with the fact that it's firmly stated that Belmod, who most likely has Hakai, cannot beat Jiren and that Jiren would never lose to Belmod no matter what.

Again, I'd rather wait for further confirmation before saying so just yet. However considering Hakai can be overpowered through strength, Jiren is stronger than his God of Destruction who most likely has Hakai, and that it's impossible for his God of Destruction who most likely has Hakai to beat Jiren, I don't think it's too absurd to say there's a small chance Jiren could survive the Hakai.

Actually Ryukama, what you mentioned make sense. If Belmod says that it is impossible to defeat Jiren, then I think he should have a possible resistance to Existence Erasure. However, Beerus can still seal him away.

Hakai is just energy of destruction right? if so then Ryukama is right. It makes sense for it to be, as normal energy of destruction wipes a person's soul.

The sealing technique is unknown, and applying NFL doesn't really work, it could be like the Mafuba though, but then again, we don't know if certain beings can break out of that.

Physically Jiren has the obvious advantage, as shown by numerous sources and statements, hell, even Vegeta backs up that the guy has more energy than Infinite Zamasu, while suppressed. Whis was saying that not even a God of Destruction could beat him, while Jiren was having a little trouble with the spirit bomb, so even while suppressed, he's stronger than Gods of Destruction.

In the Anime it has been said by Whis that Beerus has the Ultra Instinct technique, but it's never shown, plus, he probably couldn't keep up with Jiren's speed.

Anyway, about the locomotion and offensive difference, that was only in the Kefla fight.

Hakai didn't work on base Goku, even if it was a small amount. Given that Jiren is stronger than Belmod and hakai can be resisted with pure power, I don't see Beerus beating Jiren in any way.

Even if we consider Belmod =< Beerus (even though Beerus actually lost in arm wrestling, so it should be fair to say Belmod > Beerus), we know for fact that Jiren is still > Belmod, and Belmod himself explicitly said he can't beat Jiren in anyway (Belmod actually implied Jiren is stronger than himself by a decent margin).

It's not a stomp by any means, rather very close. However I consider hakai a nonfactor here. We have no proof hakai works on people stronger than the user (in Dragon Ball anyway, due to DB mechanics), and it has been resisted by two people who were weaker than Sidra just by powering up.

Also, we haven't seen the full power of Jiren yet, he may still have more fancy tricks. As for Beerus though, I don't think we will see anything better than hakai.

I am just going to say that I think that most people are simultaneously underestimating Beerus and overestimating Jiren. With very ambiguous information. People are jumping to insane conclusions that have not really been confirmed yet and have only been noted through narrator hype statements. We have not seen the limits of either Beerus and Jiren. Even then there has been some information contrary to the statement of Belmond being stronger that Beerus in a fight.

Chartate101 said:
Beerus due to Hakai and being more powerful than Belmod (only losing to one other GoD and it was implied to be Quitela)
Yeah, no. Dont merge manga and anime. Not only do we not know if belmod is weaker or stronger than beerus, but even if beerus was stronger, jiren is as well.

In the anime, Beerus stated he was the strongest GoD and Whis reminds him he once lost. This was implied to be Quitela due to the rivalry between the two. So Beerus is stronger than Belmod. So is Jiren. So in my opninion, they are at least relative in strength. Add on Beerus having an absurd amount more experiance and the ability to Hakai, Beerus wins

@Char, no, in the anime, Beerus never said such things. Whis said that there is a mortal in a universe who is stronger than their God of Destruction, and that this God of Destruction is more powerful than Beerus. The mortal has already been confirmed to be Jiren, not Ganos or anyone from Universe 4, so the God of Destruction stronger than him must be Belmod. Champa is also notably comparable to Beerus. Quitela was only that God of Destruction in the manga, and we aren't using the manga here. Jiren is much stronger than Beerus, but strength isn't the biggest factor here, it's abilities.

Chartate101 said:
In the anime, Beerus stated he was the strongest GoD and Whis reminds him he once lost. This was implied to be Quitela due to the rivalry between the two. So Beerus is stronger than Belmod. So is Jiren. So in my opninion, they are at least relative in strength. Add on Beerus having an absurd amount more experiance and the ability to Hakai, Beerus wins
So instead of making stuff up, like beerus saying that he was the strongest G.o.d, why not watch the actual show, where whis said that jirens G.o.D was stronger than beerus. But i want to wait for more info on this subject. We might get a statement during the next couple of episodes to see where they stand.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
@Char, no, in the anime, Beerus never said such things. Whis said that there is a mortal in a universe who is stronger than their God of Destruction, and that this God of Destruction is more powerful than Beerus. The mortal has already been confirmed to be Jiren, not Ganos or anyone from Universe 4, so the God of Destruction stronger than him must be Belmod. Champa is also notably comparable to Beerus. Quitela was only that God of Destruction in the manga, and we aren't using the manga here. Jiren is much stronger than Beerus, but strength isn't the biggest factor here, it's abilities.
I still think Jiren would tank. Hakai or not. :/

I'm pretty sure Whis was referring to Belmod as being stronger than Beerus, Beerus thought Whis was referring to Quitela, and Whis didn't correct him.

Both the anime (and especially the manga) confirm that Jiren was the mortal stronger than a GoD that's stronger than Beerus. So there's only one conclusion that can come from that. Whis was referring to Belmod. Maybe Quitela is who Beerus was talking about in regards to the arm wrestling, but Belmod is confirmed to be the one Whis was talking about. Why would Whis be talking about Quitela if he's saying that Jiren can beat his, not some other universe's, God of Destruction?

If you want to go with the manga (which is kinda funny since the manga confirmed Jiren was the mortal well before the anime did) it makes sense for Belmod to be stronger since he only faked being knocked out during the GoD fight and didn't take any damage.

Some of the translations say a mortal who a God of Destruction can't beat. I guess you could say when Whis said "a" he meant Quitela is the GoD that Jiren can beat but I think that's a bit of a stretch. Especially when Jiren is constantly being compared to Belmod and that it's revealed Jiren is the mortal right after it's stated multiple times that Jiren is stronger than Belmod. So it makes more sense it was referring to Jiren being stronger than Belmod not Jiren being stronger than Quitela.

Also even then it's not like the manga ever implies Quitela is a far lesser fighter than Beerus. They're the last two standing GoDs, who say they're going to finally settle their rivalry once and for all, then charge towards each other at similar speeds to one another. If anything, this would more likely imply that Quitela's fighting power is roughly comparable to Beerus. So Jiren being stronger than Quitela would likely mean he's stronger than Quitela.

However one also has to remember Whis's statement in the anime, where he says Jiren's reached, if not exceeded, the level of GoD. Which means Whis stated that Jiren is probably stronger than Beerus. Making this is Belmod/Quitela weaker than Beerus stuff irrelevant. We have a statement that Jiren is stronger than Beerus himself. There's also how utterly shocked Beerus was at Jiren's energy, being flabergasted that so much strength could come from a single person.

Again nothing is confirmed for certain, however I personally think it's most likely Jiren is stronger than Beerus. And if Jiren is stronger than Beerus, that throws Hakai out the window. Since it's now been confirmed those who are stronger can tank the attack with Goku and Frieza vs the U9 assassins.

I never talked about sealing. All I said is that Hakai most likely doesn't work on Jiren. Also Beerus isn't typically someone who uses sealing. At least not before fighting like a martial artist first, to which Jiren has a decent change of overpowering him hand to hand before Beerus would resort to sealing. Beerus has only used sealing one time which wasn't even during a fight and another where he already knew there was no way he could kill that person. A fight like this with Jiren isn't like those other scenarios.

Jiren takes this with mid difficulty. Whis said Jiren's power was possibly even beyond that of a GoD's, and that was while Jiren was suppressed. I don't think Beerus could Hakai Jiren for the same reason that Golden Freeza was able to resist and eventually control Sidra's Hakai energy. Not to mention Jiren is insurmountably above Golden Freeza, and can keep up with and possibly beat an Ultra Instinct Goku, who's at a state that even Beerus hasn't fully gotten the hang of.

Some people say that gods above each other, but they definitley have similar strength. In the Anime beerus and Champa have fought seriously and they were both damaged, Champa consistently loses due to having a lack of stamina, a fodder tier would possibly be Sidra, but that's unknown.

We've never seen how the sealing actually works, so sealing isn't an option.

Beerus didn't have the sealing technique; that was Whis and I doubt Beerus' pride would allow Whis to interfere, as he is an egotistic and self-concerned fighter a la the likes of Goku and Vegeta.

Also, to add to my further statement (And possibly to Jiren's profile), Vegeta said he had never encountered an energy or presence as strong or as heavy as Jiren's, and this is one arc after having a being (Infinite Zamasu) that even Beerus was stated to not be able to defeat (Which actually prompts Whis bringing up the advanced sealing technique he has)

@Aeyu Beerus was able to seal Elder Kai in the Z Sword. So even if only Whis could seal Zamasu Beerus still has sealing. However relying on a technique Beerus has only ever used once in a non combat situation to win a fight is pretty desperate. I agree with you that Jiren most likely wins.

Evidence for what?

I just said that Beerus' pride would prevent Whis from getting involved.

Also @Ryu, sealing Elder Kai honestly isn't that impressive. Goku in SSJ3 was faaaaaaaaaaaar above the Supreme Kais, even combined. SSJ God is vastly, insurmountably beyond that, and Jiren was blocking SSJG with his finger, while heavily suppressed.

I didn't say Whis would seal Beerus? I said that Goku and Vegeta state that Beerus couldn't defeat Infinite Zamasu, to which Whis replies that's not necessary and that he has a sealing technique that would prevent Infinite Zamasu's apotheosis.

Aeyu said:
Also @Ryu, sealing Elder Kai honestly isn't that impressive. Goku in SSJ3 was faaaaaaaaaaaar above the Supreme Kais, even combined. SSJ God is vastly, insurmountably beyond that, and Jiren was blocking SSJG with his finger, while heavily suppressed.
Also that was a far stronger version of SSG that Jiren was blocking.

I thought he was referring to the technique Whis had against Zamasu. The thought of the Z-Sword sealing didn't even cross my mind, since it was used on a character who is likely levels of transfinity weaker than Jiren even while suppressed, DB being a show where raw power affects your ability to cancel hax (Like Jiren did against Hit)

Fankid said:
Hakai is just energy of destruction right? if so then Ryukama is right. It makes sense for it to be, as normal energy of destruction wipes a person's soul.
The sealing technique is unknown, and applying NFL doesn't really work, it could be like the Mafuba though, but then again, we don't know if certain beings can break out of that.

Physically Jiren has the obvious advantage, as shown by numerous sources and statements, hell, even Vegeta backs up that the guy has more energy than Infinite Zamasu, while suppressed. Whis was saying that not even a God of Destruction could beat him, while Jiren was having a little trouble with the spirit bomb, so even while suppressed, he's stronger than Gods of Destruction.

In the Anime it has been said by Whis that Beerus has the Ultra Instinct technique, but it's never shown, plus, he probably couldn't keep up with Jiren's speed.

Anyway, about the locomotion and offensive difference, that was only in the Kefla fight.
Hakai =/= energy of destruction.

I didn't mean Energy of Destruction is the Hakai technique, i meant it uses it to wipe out opponents.

If i'm wrong, show evidence. Anyway, it can't really be used due to NFL reasons.

I believe they're comparable, but...regardless, I still doubt that Beerus could Hakai someone who is stronger than him raw-power wise. Even if he could, Jiren is likely far too fast for Beerus tbh

Hakai does the exact same thing Energy of Destruction does and has similar purple aura when it's executed. Plus Hakai is literally just Japanese for "Destruction". So "Energy of Destruction" means "Energy of Hakai".

Nothing suggests that one just so happens to be a durability negater that works on everyone regardless of strength meaning Beerus could go ahead and Hakai Whis or Zeno if he wanted to while the other can be negated by strength like most other DB attacks. It's a real stretch to assume such a massive difference between two extremely similar techniques. If one wants to delve into assumptions like that, a vastly more reasonable assumption is that Hakai and Energy of Hakai are the same attack but thrown in different ways.

Even then, again it's stated that it's impossible for Belmod who most likely has Hakai to beat Jiren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back