• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiraiya vs. Naruto Uzumaki

Not sure if this fight has been done before, but this is full power Jiraiya vs. Naruto from when he fought the Six Paths of Pain.

--Both start in Sage Mode.

--Both can summon the toads. Meaning, both can summon Gamabunta for example.

--Naruto does NOT get access to Kurama.

--Both are in character.

--Location is the Land of Iro.

--Victory via KO or Incapacitatio.

The student versus the teacher...Who wins and why?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Naruto_Uzumaki

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jiraiya

Naruto: 6

Jiraiya: 5

AidenBrooks999 said:
Naruto's Sage Mode > Jiraiya's Sage Mode
Since: SM Naruto ~ Pain, SM Jiraiya < Pain
His sage mode is better, yes, but Jiraiya is more experienced and more intelligent. He also has more tools: Katon, Doton, fuinjutsu, etc. That's why I thought this would be a good fight, Naruto is more powerful, but not as intelligent or versatile.

I am kinda leaning toward Naruto due to the fact he did train with Jiraiya during the two or one year timeskip. Naruto should at least be familiar with Jairya's ways of combat as well.

Starkiller215 said:
I am kinda leaning toward Naruto due to the fact he did train with Jiraiya during the two or one year timeskip. Naruto should at least be familiar with Jairya's ways of combat as well.
Very well, one vote for Naruto.

Formeraxe said:
AidenBrooks999 said:
Naruto's Sage Mode > Jiraiya's Sage Mode
Since: SM Naruto ~ Pain, SM Jiraiya < Pain
His sage mode is better, yes, but Jiraiya is more experienced and more intelligent. He also has more tools: Katon, Doton, fuinjutsu, etc. That's why I thought this would be a good fight, Naruto is more powerful, but not as intelligent or versatile.
This, and he also has a tons more jutsus, naruto is only really better in SM and destructive capacity,

i go with jiraya too...

Jiraiya is indeed more experienced and intelligent but Naruto performed very well against Pain with his unorthodox methods so I think he can do just fine. He might also have the advantage in close combat due to better precognition (I think) and invisible punches. Also, Rasenshuriken will be very bad for Jiraiya since Base Naruto killed two of Kakuzu's hearts and left the third heart in a bad shape. I know Jiraiya is stronger than Kakuzu but Sage Mode Naruto's Rasenshuriken will be very bad for him regardless. And Naruto can also use Sexy Jutsu (I'm actually serious, lol) to distract Jiraiya. Since it worked on Kaguya, it should work on Jiraiya, right?

Jiraiya sage mode would win because he has more experience with it. He didn't beat pain with sage mode. Neither did Naruto but Jiraiya came a lot closer, espically if he had prep and knowlegde.

Jiraiya is more experienced but so was Pain and Kakuzu. One of the Pains had his body disintegrated by Rasenshuriken and it killed Kakuzu twice over. And Naruto outsmarted both of them to do so. With his distractions in the form of shadow clones and Henge (Sexy no Jutsu), I'm not seeing how he can't distract Jiraiya enough for him to one-shot either with Rasenshuriken or the bigger version. Not to mention, he can expand it. Jiraiya isn't getting away from it. He likely has better reaction speed too. I'm not sure if Jiraiya can tank his Rasenshuriken. After all, it has one-shotted people with Jiraiya's level of durability.

@Starkiller

Yeah. That's Jiraiya's biggest weakness and it can be exploited by Naruto here.

This could be fun. Normally, I'd immediately vote for Naruto. However, I'll vote for Jiraiya, and provide a bit of reasoning.

1. Jiraiya can remain in Sage Mode indefinitely. Naruto, on the other hand, can only utilize a limited number of clones to restock. And Jiraiya letting Naruto pop clone after clone to indefinitely restock SM isn't happening. Jiraiya can turn the environment into a swamp in order to avoid any clones hiding out to gather senjutsu chakra.

2. Naruto did better fighting Pain due to all the info they had given him. Jiraiya, on the other hand, fought Pain totally blind and managed to kill 3 of 6. If you recall, Nagato stated Jiraiya could have defeated him if he'd known his secret.

3. While Naruto has a perfectly balanced SM, Jiraiya's variation of SM also provides benefits. Pa and Ma can back Jiraiya up with a variety of jutsu from stunning sound waves to the sound-based genjutsu that caught Pain. As stated, Naruto has no access to Kurama during this fight. Even if he did, Naruto had zero control over Kurama and could be subdued by genjutsu pretty effortlessly. This is seen by how many times Itachi and others have placed Naruto within a genjutsu and Kurama offered no help in getting free.

4. Alright, alright. Don't get me wrong. Naruto is going to put up one hell of a fight and it'll be an epic fight. However, Jiraiya's versatility far outshines anything Naruto has in his SM version. RS isn't a thing given that both are in character. He'd never do anything like that to his precious mentor.

Jiraiya, in my opinion, will take the fight after a hard battle between master and student.

Yeah. Jiraiya has better versatility for sure. But Naruto immediately goes for Rasenshuriken. How's Jiraiya going to tank it? Didn't that thing even stun Kurama? Not to mention Ōdama Rasenshuriken. And he can expand them so Jiraiya can't dodge. He'll have to try to tank it which he can't.

Yes, this is true. However, Naruto has better reaction speed. He dodged the Raikage's attack. I don't think Jiraiya will be able to really touch him since speed isn't equalized.

I thought the information that Naruto received was just 'The real one isn't among them'. Also, I don't know if this kind of logic can work here?

I think genjutsu is Jiraiya's best bet here. However, it depends if he can get it off in the middle of battle. IIRC, it takes some time before Ma and Pa can use it.

Huh, I didn't notice this. Hmm. This severely limits Naruto. He can still probably take it because of Sexy no Jutsu. I mean, he knows Jiraiya's weakness. So if he won't use Rasenshuriken here, he'll use his Sexy Jutsu. Since they're in character, both of them won't be going all out. Sexy no Jutsu can distract Jiraiya enough for him to get hit by Senpo: Odama/Chou Oodama Rasengan Barrage or even get knocked out by virtue of the nose bleed.

Naruto could probably win if it were purely comical. In a fight where both are focused, Jiraiya wouldn't fall for petty tricks. If he did, Naruto could have beaten Jiraiya long ago in many of their countless training sessions. The best I recall Naruto doing is being able to take on one of Jiraiya's shadow clones.

It'd also be pretty dumb for him to spend precious SM time to perform a jutsu that MIGHT work or might not work. Also, remember that Pa and Ma are also backing Jiraiya. So, even if Jiraiya did fall for it, he has two extremely strong supports that can watch his back and defend him if needed long enough for him to snap out of it.

Finally, I don't think Naruto's SM stats are that far beyond Jiraiya's. Both could physically overwhelm Pain. If you recall, Itachi stated that the best he and Kisame together could hope for is bringing about a draw when facing Jiraiya.

Later on, Itachi briefly fought KCM Naruto in an equal taijutsu fight. So, if Jiraiya can match or even surpass Itachi, I think he can keep up with Naruto. After all, it's not that his SM is inferior in strength, it's simply that Jiraiya could never properly balance both his own chakra and natural energy.

Like I said, anything big Naruto had is restricted due to both being in character. Oodama Rasengan and up are all killing techniques. So, Naruto only has the basic Rasengan. This goes for Jiraiya, too. But the difference is Jiraiya has multiple other techniques that don't require killing the opponent.

Um, I'm pretty sure Kaguya was focused when she wanted to take her chakra back. And the stakes were much higher than it is here. This is Jiraiya's biggest weakness. If Naruto surrounds him with a lot of sexy girls, he's going to fall for it. And they're in character, if they were willing to kill, it might have been better but I'm pretty sure Jiraiya would still be distracted under those conditions. That's a far inferior version of Naruto. He trained under Kakashi and Yamato and Kakashi said Naruto surpassed him in ninjutsu. This is the same Naruto that managed to keep up with Pain for some time in base.

Naruto has always been noted as unpredictable. I don't see why he wouldn't use it. Sage Mode lasts five minutes. Sexy Jutsu takes mere seconds.

IIRC, he blitzed one the Pains (I'm not sure) and he reacted to the Third Raikage. His reaction speed is surely better at least. Itachi only said that because he was working undercover for Konoha. This is the same Itachi that later beat a version of Orochimaru that's likely >> SM Jiraiya.

I didn't say his SM was inferior in strength. I just mentioned reaction speed, I think.

Naruto can beat Jiraya and has versatility to boot. While Jiraya is more experience, it can only get you so far sometimes and while he is smarter Naruto is more creative though being his master he might have to try to think like Naruto. One thing though Jiraya can be distracted by sexy no jutsu and can wail on rasenshuriken so i think Naruto wins via having more versatility and ik he lasts longer but keep in mind Jiraya's sage mode is incomplete Naruto's is a complete one

going with Jiraya here. he would of beat most of the pain's if it wasnt for the whole hell thing. and besides naruto would of lost to pain if it wasnt for hinata and the nine tails. my vote goes to jiraya

Naruto beat pain when he had prep and intel, and after kurama's interference after Pain had naruto pinned, AND after Nagato had exhausted himself destroying the village.

While it was vice versa for Jiraiya, as Nagato had intel on him whilst Jiraiya was in the dark.

Going with Jiraiya, better versatility, intelligence and Aoe moves, Indefinite use of Sage mode and two powerful summons at his aid, that can use that OP genjutsu.

Two things here though Pa and Ma is there to stabilize Jiraiya's sage chakra and while we are going at it, sage mode does have a time limit to it as he can not infinitely use it. Also the genjutsu in this particular case require intel and time as I petty sure Naruto has resistance to most genjutsu due to Kurama doing the job for him making this easy to resist the illusions , but consider on how the OP mentioned that Kurama can not be accessed or to be more specifc he can not use Kurama's chakra to resist it, it gonna be a hell of a match if they are going at their fullest. However if Naruto knows how to dispel genjutsu which Jiraya could have teach Naruto how to do it, then it might be a game changer. Naruto also can summmon the Toads as well in this battle as OP stated.

@Shadowbokunohero

Sorry but I'm sure that kind of logic can't work here. Naruto has a different style of fighting and jutsu than Pain. If Naruto's Sage Mode could last for much longer than the assigned limit it has, he would have beaten Pain without outside help. He only got incapacitated because his senjutsu ran out.

Base Naruto was keeping up with the Deva Path for some time. I'm sure his Sage Mode gives him a bigger perimeter boost than it does to Jiraiya.

That genjutsu requires time and Naruto can summon Fukasaku and Shima too. Dunno why Naruto's intelligence is always being underestimated especially when he's fighting with an opponent that has a decent amount of intelligence. He has outsmarted people that are more intelligent than him. His intelligence in battle is different than his normal intelligence.

Anyway, just imagine if Naruto transforms into a naked Tsunade. There's no way Jiraiya won't get knocked out with the colossal nosebleed he's going to get.

Well, that's fine. Everyone has their personal opinion after all. If Naruto didn't have Sexy Jutsu, I'd think about it a lot more but for me, it's a sure fire way for Naruto to get the drop on Jiraiya. Especially if he transforms into Tsunade.

I've gotta go Jiraiya here. While I do think Naruto has attacks that have ridiculous power, Jiraiya knows that. This means Jiraiya is going to do all he can to not get hit.

Naruto is so bad at dealing with and understanding genjutsu by himself that Jiraiya basically skipped that lesson. I feel like Naruto's going to get bamboozled at every turn and end up incapacitated in a mud swamp.

Yeah, Jiraiya got dis.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Well, that's fine. Everyone has their personal opinion after all. If Naruto didn't have Sexy Jutsu, I'd think about it a lot more but for me, it's a sure fire way for Naruto to get the drop on Jiraiya. Especially if he transforms into Tsunade.
Ooh, I did not think of that! I don't know if Naruto can maintain sexy jutsu while dealing an attack that is strong enough to KO Jiraiya. Also, Jiraiya could still peep from behind his Needle Jizo, and knows clone jutsu. If these work similarly to Naruto's shadow clones, he can get the peep show in his head as soon as the clones dissapppear.

Okay. I'm going to try and address your points. We've already addressed that both of them won't go all out. If this was so Naruto would one-shot with any version of Rasenshuriken. It doesn't matter if Jiraiya isn't going to do his all to escape. It already hit a flying opponent and someone that's faster than Jiraiya for that matter.

Again, the only genjutsu that Jiraiya can use here is Frog Song. Jiraiya had to distract the Pains (and Naruto too) before the genjutsu could take effect. Naruto can summon Fukasaku and Shima too. What's to say he can't also trap Jiraiya under genjutsu? It worked on Pain so it'll work here. It requires prep time. As for Yomi Numa, Naruto can either maneuver in midair with his clones, switch with one of his clones and let it take damage, or use good old Kawarimi.

Yes. They are on the same level so he can be knocked out. When Naruto transforms into Tsunade of all people, Jiraiya will turn into a drooling old pervert. Since they're in character and nothing is at stake, I'm 100% sure this will be effective. He can also incapacitate him with ninja wire. I mean, if one of his clones poses as a naked Tsunade and makes suggestive poses Jiraiya would be so distracted that Naruto can sneak up behind him and incapacitate him with ninja wire or knock him out. In a serious match against Pain, Pain snuck up behind him and took his arm off. In this kind of match which will likely be like training or a sparring match, I can see it working for Naruto.

@BFF I see your point, but I still think Jiraiya could do it. The Land of Iron is covered in snow. I feel like this gives Jiraiya a major advantage when it comes to making mud clones and swamps.

But I ca imagine him taking an L for a peep show if it's low stakes. -_-

I already addressed how Naruto could evade his Swamp of the Underworld though? Kawarimi won't take anything out of Naruto. Meanwhile, Jiraiya would continue expending a good amount of chakra using it. Would it even really hold him down? He broke through stone or something without his Sage Mode. Also, shadow clones >>> mud clones.

Exactly. This is the main reason I believe that Naruto can win. Jiraiya is going to fall for it hard. I don't see anything suggesting otherwise.

Back