• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jinbe (One Piece) vs Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard Battle Assumptions, Victory via Death of opponent. Battleground: Magnolia. Speed Equalized

Scenario: Jinbe has seen the new Death Battle, and is upset that his dear friend has been murdered in a fan battle. He hunts for Natsu and finds him in Magnolia. He immediately engages Natsu, who has deja vu from the last scenario. They fight.

Who wins?:

Jinbe: 2 (Frozone54666, Bepo4151)

Natsu: 7 (SuperHollers, IKazi, KuuIchigo, DavidSteel1, Rin Rokudo, Omega998, BoomeYang)

Jinbei by donaco-d62otii
Natsu17

I would have to say Natsu. We haven't really seen Jinbe do much other than have a short fight with G2 timeskip Luffy and lose to Ace (who was most likely weaker compared to his fight with Teach). With that said Jinbe will have to rely solely on his fishman karate and haki. If one argues Jinbe has an advantage with water, Natsu's flames is hot enough to evaporate it. Jinbe can definitely defeat Natsu at a much earlier point in the series but current Natsu (who's fighting Zeref) would most likely win. In case this isn't enough, here'a Natsu completely obliterating Zeref with the magic power of all time (although he survives this with presumably immortality or time manipulation).
IMG 2240
IMG 2239

Uh, quick question; according to Jinbe's profile his technique essentially revolves around manipulating the water vapour in the air to create shockwaves. So considering the temperatures Natsu's flames reach would there be any impact on said water vapour

@David and Super - i think you both are misunderstanding how Fishman Karate works. It manipulates the water in the area via shock-waves. All of the water.

In other words, Fishman Karate practitioners can directly affect the water within their opponent's bodies. The shockwaves travel and affect the water caught in the shockwave. Natsu is a human nearing adult-hood. Over 60% of his body comprises of water. It does not matter if he can vaporize the water in the area. Jinbe can still use Fishman Karate on him to great effect.

And @Super - you bring that feat up, but considering that Natsu could do no where near that amount of damage to Zeref before, it is clearly PIS, or Zeref's body functions much differently now than before and allows him to go intangible.

Natsu has learned how to control his flames temperatures to the extent of not burning others complete, like when he activated his magic and melted the grand magic game arena.

the only time natsu has used his flames serious is when he vaporized zeref completly.

natsu's flames has been shown to vaporize a whole lake, so any water attack that jinbe uses in this fight is gonna be vaporized just like that lake, so it will all come down to physical fight and will give it to natsu for showing greater hand to hand combat.

so my vote in this fight goes to natsu.

Natsu wasn't significantly hurting Zeref before this but he was still clearly damaging him. That final attack he used on Zeref was most likely a full power attack from Natsu in a last ditch effort to defeat him. The final reason it isn't PIS is if you look at the giant hole in the guild Natsu created. The rubble is coming back to reform and the same goes for Zeref. If he has intangibility then why would the wall return to normal as well? I can only see this as time manipulation.

Like Cin said Fishman karate uses the water inside your body. So unless Natsu can vape the water from his body at which point he will die he isn't stopping any of Jinbe attacks.

Also @IKazi and @Super Stop bringing up Natsu vaping Zeref is not even his best feat and is PIS as well. His best feat is vaping a lake. That is where he gets his 6-C rating from.

I was just asking, the info on his profile made it come across as if he manipulates the water vapour in the air to create shockwaves and the shockwaves then affect the water in his opponents. I was just asking for clarification.

"The secret of Fishman Karate is mastery of the water in the user's direct vicinity, using its power to send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent's body." That's what I saw in his profile and I figured it would be best to ask. There also seems to be an error in his profile he's still placed at MHS when he should currently be at MHS+

Bepo4151 said:
Also @IKazi and @Super Stop bringing up Natsu vaping Zeref is not even his best feat and is PIS as well. His best feat is vaping a lake. That is where he gets his 6-C rating from.
Just because you believe it to be PIS doesn't mean the feat was PIS, like i said before natsu knows how to control his flames and this has been proven many times, natsu can rise his flames temperatures and viporize any water attacks that jinbe uses.

also you seem to have forgotten that jinbe is much weaker on land then on water, also natsu can turn the whole area up in flames to make this fight even more one sided.

also fishmen karate isn't a instent attack, so why do you think it will even hit natsu at the first try, also you can watch/read both the anime and manga and see for yourself jinbe use the fishmen karate, it isn't a instent attack, it takes a couple of seconds for him to be able to use it.

"
Weaknesses: Weaker on land than in the water as he cannot fight at his full potential"

@IKazi Natsu can vape all the water in the world if he wants to it won't help. For the last time, all Jinbe needs to hit you is water in your body Natsu can't get rid of that without killing himself. Also, Jinbe being weaker on land doesn't mean that he is not high 6-C and MHS anymore all it means is he is much faster in water can use his Fishman jujutsu in water and can breathe underwater

Ok I'm just gonna use the info on the profile to give my opinion on this fight, Jinbe creating shockwaves seems dependent on the water vapour in the direct vicinity; so depending on how the heat of Natsu's flames affect said water vapour Jinbe could very well be robbed of that ability. As for direct strikes (I imagine these would affect the water in Natsu's body) if Jinbe manages to land a blow and causes damage Natsu would become weary of getting hit directly and considering his AOE and range advantage it would just end up in his favour.

Jinbe's weakness of not being able to "fight at his full potential" on land is because there's no actual volume of water for him to grab and just throw at his enemies. He can't use abilities like "Ocean Current Ippon Seoi", or "Spear wave".

Jinbe's Fishman Karate sends SHOCKWAVES that goes THROUGH water. He throws a punch, Natsu is in the range of the shockwave, his body is affected. Natsu's body itself would be a target for Jinbe's attacks.

Also, I feel as though people ignore that Jinbe has resistance to heat.

Not according to his profile which I'm using as a reference as to how his shockwaves work. And if I've not made it clear my vote is for Natsu

/)_-)

According to Jinbe, the secret of Fishman Karate is mastery of the water in the user's direct vicinity, using its power to send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent's body. Since every living creature is nothing more than a mass of water, the users of Fishman Karate are able to battle opponents that are usually highly resistant (if not immune) against blows and punches. This was demonstrated against Monkey D. Luffy, a rubber ma, who is nearly immune to blunt attacks.

Jinbe also displayed that Fishman Karate can be used effectively on land as he can utilize the water in the atmosphere and make use of it to attack.[2]

This martial art can be learned on Fishman Island,[3] more specifically at the Fishman Karate Dojo.[4] Fishman Karate can also be taught to humans.[5]

It'a true that Jinbe has minor resistance to heat but this may only be truly shown in his battle against Ace. Just to clear things up, the heat of Natsu's flames are far more superior than Ace's. Dragon slayer flames are naturally far hotter than the normal one. Natsu has an even higher advantage if he's using Igneel's flames. Also Jinbe is classified at MHS while Natsu is MHS+ which gives Natsu the advantage in speed. Although both were wounded I'm sure we can all agree Akainu > Jinbe. Jinbe was trying to protect Luffy and managed to block a punch but he then got a hole punched straight through him with Akainu's magma which shows his limits to heat resistance. The stamina category goes to Jinbe since he fought with Ace for five days straight but Natsu pretty much wins in every other category except intelligence. Jinbe can hurt Natsu with his fishman karate but that won't be enough to put him down. Bepo, Natsu obliterating Zeref's body isn't PIS just because you say it is. Your telling me a full power attack from Natsu wasn't going to work on Zeref even though he was still able to inflict some damage with much weaker attacks?

@Super First off speed is equalised so whoever is faster doesn't matter in this fight. Secondly whether Natsu vapouring Zeref was PIS or not also doesn't matter so it's best not to bring it up, all it's doing is derailing this thread.

Frozone54666 said:
Jinbe via haki,much better stamina and heat resistance
Jinbe doesn't have precog Haki, only hardening, which is already included in his statistics. Also his heat resistance is minor and Natsu's flames are stronger than Ace's.

I'm giving my vote to Natsu for reasons above and also the fact that Jinbe's water attacks will get nullified by Natsu evaporating them. Also using water attacks against someone who uses electricity is a very bad idea. Natsu also has shown to have the strength to vaporize people so Jinbe isn't surviving this.

Rin Rokudo said:
Frozone54666 said:
Jinbe via haki,much better stamina and heat resistance
Jinbe doesn't have precog Haki, only hardening, which is already included in his statistics. Also his heat resistance is minor and Natsu's flames are stronger than Ace's.
I'm giving my vote to Natsu for reasons above and also the fact that Jinbe's water attacks will get nullified by Natsu evaporating them. Also using water attacks against someone who uses electricity is a very bad idea. Natsu also has shown to have the strength to vaporize people so Jinbe isn't surviving this.
/)_-)

i only want to add that the place of the battle is magnolia,so jinbe can use his powers at full potential because there are a ocean near the city, i think that natsu can´t win against jinbe if he starts to spam his most powerfulls attacks using all the water around the city,if natsu stop one attack with fire,another will come almost instanly no?

i am not voting,only saying that the place benefits Jinbe and no one remarks that

@Kazuma there is no "ocean" around the city, there is simply a lake, a lake that Natsu has already shown he can vaporise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back