• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jetpower Optimus correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Correcting a mistake I should've corrected a long time ago.

So Optimus' Low 7-C comes from upscaling from Devastator's 8-A+, which I misread to be a higher value, but the lowballed version of the calc he scales to is 647.648013 Tons. Which is too far of an upscale. Plus the fight itself doesn't indicate anything for a 1.54x upscale. The Fallen is only vaguely stronger than Optimus, and while Jetpower Optimus is stronger than the Fallen, the gap is clearly not THAT wide.

Jetpower Optimus should simply be downgraded to At least 8-A+.

This mistake only happen because I dumdum

Weird. Here I was thinking that he was upscaling from Fallen's 50 ton calc.

Seems fine. Unless y'all wanna use the script to upgrade Fallen to Low 7-C (FFS he doesn't even have a profile).

Oh, lemme use this opportunity to upgrade Optimus's KE value to straight up 8-A based on Epps' "10 tons of dead robot" statement UwU

I agree, but a minor nitpick would be that The Fallen is a stomp worthy difference above Base Optimus seeing as he literally stepped on him and Optimus struggled to stand after that until he got Jetfire's Parts.

Nah we went with the 9.1 tons statement from the guidebook, AKA the 8-A end (Which is 259 tons oof)

I think we could go with the Low 7-C end but IDK
Now that I think about it, I think we should take the material that goes closer to the actual movie, the script is basically that. Guidebooks may not always match what is in the movie itself, case in point, Optimus himself.

No, Sentinel got revived at full strength so why wouldn't Optimus?
Sentinel injuries are much different than Optimus'. Sentinel got placed in a coma, sure, but his body was still fine for the most part. Optimus' body was torn, with holes all around.

No, Sentinel got revived at full strength so why wouldn't Optimus?
Optimus was literally lacking a spark for starters. Remember, he literally got run through by Megatron, whereas Sentinel only ran out of energon and his body was pretty much fine in his Vault.

Now that I think about it, I think we should take the material that goes closer to the actual movie, the script is basically that. Guidebooks may not always match what is in the movie itself, case in point, Optimus himself.
Wow Low 7-C? 👀

Wow Low 7-C? 👀
Perhaps.jpg

You can see that their injuries are very different from each other. Optimus' body is in much worse condition than Sentinel's
OK, yeah he's in worse condition but he was getting up just fine before the Fallen showed up. Either way, I don't think Base Optimus can box with Devastator who can casually destroy Skyscrapers and the Fallen is even stronger than him going by their Guidebook statements.

OK, yeah he's in worse condition but he was getting up just fine before the Fallen showed up. Either way, I don't think Base Optimus can box with Devastator who can casually destroy Skyscrapers and the Fallen is even stronger than him going by their Guidebook statements.
He might've been getting up just fine but Sentinel was in a much, much better condition, he straight up almost killed Prime in a frenzy before Optimus calmed him down.

But back to topic. We going with the Low 7-C end? Should I get someone like abbadon here?

Either way tho, Optimus goes to 8-A via Epps' 10 tons of dead robot statement. I'll give two reasons as to why that's legit.

First off, it's actually in the film itself, unlike Fallen's statement which is in the script (Which is still a hell of a lot more reliable than the guides given that you're gonna use the script to actually make the film). Main source materials should always take precedence if there are too many contradictions with the side material.

Second, Epps has no reason to bullshit with his statement, especially when he knows he's dealing with a threat that is readying itself to blow up the Sun and destroy the Solar System, and putting all bets on Sam's Matrix Pixie Dust to revive Optimus. That and being in the military literally on a plane carrying robots to military bases and being part of a highly-advanced human-Transformers strike team, he'd absolutely be briefed on the weight listings of said cargo plane. Overloading a plane can have disastrous effects on its overall performance, behavior and fuel efficiency. Last thing you'd want is for a high-importance cargo plane to crash into a high-intensity warzone in Middle Eastern deserts halfway through your journey in such tempting times.

Is this useful?

Sentinel Prime's Truck Form is based on the Rosenbauer Panther 6×6
220px-Rosenbauer_Panther_6x6_Dortmund_Airport.jpg

And according to this site:

It has a loaded weight of 80,000 lbs which is 40 US Tons.

Is this useful?

Sentinel Prime's Truck Form is based on the Rosenbauer Panther 6×6
220px-Rosenbauer_Panther_6x6_Dortmund_Airport.jpg

And according to this site:

It has a loaded weight of 80,000 lbs which is 40 US Tons.
We only use KE calcs for characters who actually perform re entry

We only use KE calcs for characters who actually perform re entry
Aye, and we only use officially-documented weight listings instead of the vehicles they transform into due to the whole mass-shifting phenomena unless there's evidence that suggests otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back