• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Grey (Revised Timeline) Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Jean's current profile, and here is the rework of her version from the Revised Timeline.
I have doubts about what combat speed she should have in her first key, I guess MHS+ would be fine for fighting Apocalypse and being comparable to the likes of Cyclops and Storm.
I think the best option would be to have a profile for each version (Original and Revised) since they are practically two different characters with their own history and feats.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree that the profiles of both versions should be split. What are the current MHS+ feats outside of Quicksilver? Do Revised Timeline Cyclops/Storm have some crazy speed feats, or is it also just scaling. I don’t remember her having any major speed feats prior to Phoenix. Like with Apocalypse there’s not really much of a fight between the two, she just destroys him. I don’t recall her reacting to any of his attacks either.

It’s good see some work on these X-Men profiles though!

Since both the original and revised timelines are so different, I don’t know if Jean’s feat would scale to anyone else. But it seems like you found good feats for the new timeline. Those feats might be in the same range though.

Yeah, I guess the speed can be addressed in another CRT until someone can calculate the feats since it would also affect almost every character in the verse

I almost forgot about this: in this scene, Jean is fine while she is in space without any suit or helmet like the others, would that be Self-Sustenance or it is some kind of telekinetic ability?

Watching frame by frame the lightning bolt did not flash/appear until after the beam had fired. So that scan couldn't be used for a speed justification for anyone but Storm.

Also like, he can casually put up his glasses and be teleported out before the electric bolt hits him. Storm being able to summon lightning from a cloud does not mean all of electric attacks are MHS+.

Ok, speed will be addressed in another CRT anyways. Is Jean's rework fine?
The Rel speed for Jean and PF isn't combat speed useable iirc.
If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.

The typical example of such cases of travel/flight speed that doesn't necessarily scale to reactions is space travel. As space is incredibly empty there are virtually no objects one has to navigate around between destinations. Just flying in a straight line from A to B would be safe. At the same time the typical destinations, such as stars and planets, are so large that they can easily be seen from millions of kilometers away. As a result a character would only need reactions equal to a miniscule fraction of their travel speed to perform a safe and precise landing on them.
The scene doesn't have the evidence to suggest Rel reaction speed. PF should also probably be MFTL+ rather than Rel since you would need to be in order to cross solar systems in under a couple dozen/thousand years.

The Rel speed for Jean and PF isn't combat speed useable iirc.
I know, I was using that speed only as Travel Speed, not Combat Speed
PF should also probably be MFTL+ rather than Rel since you would need to be in order to cross solar systems in under a couple dozen/thousand years.
"Relativistic, possibly Massively FTL+" then? What would be the justification for MFTL+? All we know is that the D'Bari followed the Phoenix Force across the universe for an unknown time as it destroyed everything in its path

Everything else is fine?

"Relativistic, possibly Massively FTL+" then?
It would be MHS+. MFTL+ travel speed. Like with MCU Captain Marvel's profile
Everything else is fine?
Yeah.

If we separate Jean into two profiles, how should they be named? Something like "Jean Grey (X-Men Film Series: Revised Timeline)"?

Just be like, Pre-DOFP and Post-DOFP or something.
I think that Original Timeline and Revised Timeline would work better than Pre-DOFP and Post-DOFP since they are better known by those names, and it also makes sense since it was a retcon of the characters and their history. Or maybe Pre-Retcon and Post-Retcon, like the Beyonder, would be fine

Yeah that seems fine for self sustainance and the profile names are fine for pre and post days of future past

I’m personally in favor of Pre/Post-Retcon for the names but if not, go with Original and Revised or actress names.

Agree on the space shit being self-sustenance. Wouldn’t matter if it was through TK shenanigans or not since Jean is still chilling in space no problem.

All the Notable Attacks/Techniques, the keys, the tabbers of the image and abilities from the Revised Timeline, and the weaknesses
That's what I mean tho the notable techniques aren't divided by which film versions they come from aside from the one that explicitly states dark Phoenix so ik that one can go but what about the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back