• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Comparison
  • Jeff: Superior to a character than can break door hindges/frames and overpower women. I really don't know what end to use for the linked blog but it maxes out at 500 Joules for this feat (presumably)
  • Jason: Can punch through wooden boards and shatter multiple dock boards after being heavily injured
Jeff's feat is scaling to a feat that doesn't need to be accomplished with just your arm. The other killer could've broken the door by kicking it multiple times, ramming it, etc. Jason's feats are all with a single attack and more importantly we directly see it happen.

I'll go with giving Jason a edge here, but not so much of an edge that its a stomp or anything.

Lifting Strength
I'm giving Jason the edge here. He has better showings and overpowered stronger people than what Jeff scales to.

Speed

Going by their ratings we put Jeff as faster, since he's faster than someone who can rapidly close the distance between him and his victims (though I still don't think that's technically Peak Human)

While this Jason does actively run, he hasn't outran anyone either. Focusing more on gear or environmental intelligence to cut them off. So advantage Jeff.

Skill

Jason has some rather solid accuracy showings with his weapons. Being able to hit people in a full sprint with axes, though in this prompt he lacks his bow which is probably his best skilled weapon

Nothing Jeff has really show cases serious skill with his weapons in the same way Jason has shown. Now I'm not saying Jason is a skilled person at HtH combat, because he really isn't, but he has actual showings vs what Jeff has done. Jeff defeated the other killer by being physically superior and by taking him by surprise, while Jason has actively fought people with weapons and consistently disarmed them.

Endurance

Neither are durable enough to no sell/tank each other's bladed attacks or anything, but endurance is a factor to consider in terms of damage tolerance
Jeff has no real endurance showings, but Jason has actively shown to be able to survive legitimately lethal damage or incapacitating amounts of pain and get back up with little issue. You can't say Jeff can easily recover from a machete hit that lands in a good spot, while you can say with absolutely certainty that Jeff will need to use incredibly lethal amounts of force to take Jason down.

Stealth vs Stealth

Jeff's rating comes from not being detected by another serial killer, who for the most part can sneak and follow normal people without being detected or at least without being registered as a threat.

Jason just like, sneaks up on people, but an important note here is that the people he sneaks up on he did so without prep and did so in far more cluttered enviroments.

Overall while I think Jason is probably better at stealth than the person Jeff out-stealthed, there's no indication he has the ability to detect someone as stealthy as Jeff is due to the scaling chain.

Prep

I uh, don't really know what this actually entails. Jason's prep is setting up stuff like bear traps and maybe trip wires while Jeff's prep involves a feat that took multiple weeks to actually pull off.

Physicals

Jeff is described as a "Teenager or Young Man" and most of his origin stories is someone in early (American) high school / late middle school that has a mental breakdown. So he's going to be on the shorter end of people and his weapon is a 8-inch knife.

Jason is like 6'5" and uses weapons that extend his reach by two or three feet without including throwing stuff.

Conclusion

With limited prep I feel like the following should be said
  • Both know there's another killer around
  • Both are likely not going to fall for basic traps
  • Jason will have a much harder time finding Jeff than Jeff will have finding him
So with that taken into account Jason sets traps that won't do much and begins to stalk Jeff. Jeff ends up finding Jason first and goes to attack him, like in his story.

But in that story Jeff's first move to attack was to stab the other person in the back while they were moving away, the issue here is that well Jason just shrugged off a far worse wound with the bear trap incident and got up without making a sound. So after that it just becomes a standard fight where I'm honestly not seeing Jeff win.

Jason has a solid reach advantage, the pain tolerance advantage and has direct combat experience unlike this version of Jeff. So it becomes a physical fight that Jeff just slowly loses.

Overall I feel these are the win cons:

• Jeff: Using his stealth and superior speed either quickly deal lethal damage to Jason or kill him via a thousand cuts
  • Jason: Hit Jeff with a solid strike and capitalize on that until he can kill him
I feel like Jason has an easier time getting his win condition than Jeff does his win condition.

So Jason imo. Better endurance allows him to survive Jeff's in-character first strike and his better physicals give him the win afterwards.

Last edited:
AP Comparison
  • Jeff: Superior to a character than can break door hindges/frames and overpower women. I really don't know what end to use for the linked blog but it maxes out at 500 Joules for this feat (presumably)
  • Jason: Can punch through wooden boards and shatter multiple dock boards after being heavily injured
Jeff's feat is scaling to a feat that doesn't need to be accomplished with just your arm. The other killer could've broken the door by kicking it multiple times, ramming it, etc. Jason's feats are all with a single attack and more importantly we directly see it happen.

I'll go with giving Jason a edge here, but not so much of an edge that its a stomp or anything.

Lifting Strength
I'm giving Jason the edge here. He has better showings and overpowered stronger people than what Jeff scales to.

Speed

Going by their ratings we put Jeff as faster, since he's faster than someone who can rapidly close the distance between him and his victims (though I still don't think that's technically Peak Human)

While this Jason does actively run, he hasn't outran anyone either. Focusing more on gear or environmental intelligence to cut them off. So advantage Jeff.

Skill

Jason has some rather solid accuracy showings with his weapons. Being able to hit people in a full sprint with axes, though in this prompt he lacks his bow which is probably his best skilled weapon

Nothing Jeff has really show cases serious skill with his weapons in the same way Jason has shown. Now I'm not saying Jason is a skilled person at HtH combat, because he really isn't, but he has actual showings vs what Jeff has done. Jeff defeated the other killer by being physically superior and by taking him by surprise, while Jason has actively fought people with weapons and consistently disarmed them.

Endurance

Neither are durable enough to no sell/tank each other's bladed attacks or anything, but endurance is a factor to consider in terms of damage tolerance
Jeff has no real endurance showings, but Jason has actively shown to be able to survive legitimately lethal damage or incapacitating amounts of pain and get back up with little issue. You can't say Jeff can easily recover from a machete hit that lands in a good spot, while you can say with absolutely certainty that Jeff will need to use incredibly lethal amounts of force to take Jason down.

Stealth vs Stealth

Jeff's rating comes from not being detected by another serial killer, who for the most part can sneak and follow normal people without being detected or at least without being registered as a threat.

Jason just like, sneaks up on people, but an important note here is that the people he sneaks up on he did so without prep and did so in far more cluttered enviroments.

Overall while I think Jason is probably better at stealth than the person Jeff out-stealthed, there's no indication he has the ability to detect someone as stealthy as Jeff is due to the scaling chain.

Prep

I uh, don't really know what this actually entails. Jason's prep is setting up stuff like bear traps and maybe trip wires while Jeff's prep involves a feat that took multiple weeks to actually pull off.

Physicals

Jeff is described as a "Teenager or Young Man" and most of his origin stories is someone in early (American) high school / late middle school that has a mental breakdown. So he's going to be on the shorter end of people and his weapon is a 8-inch knife.

Jason is like 6'5" and uses weapons that extend his reach by two or three feet without including throwing stuff.

Conclusion

With limited prep I feel like the following should be said
  • Both know there's another killer around
  • Both are likely not going to fall for basic traps
  • Jason will have a much harder time finding Jeff than Jeff will have finding him
So with that taken into account Jason sets traps that won't do much and begins to stalk Jeff. Jeff ends up finding Jason first and goes to attack him, like in his story.

But in that story Jeff's first move to attack was to stab the other person in the back while they were moving away, the issue here is that well Jason just shrugged off a far worse wound with the bear trap incident and got up without making a sound. So after that it just becomes a standard fight where I'm honestly not seeing Jeff win.

Jason has a solid reach advantage, the pain tolerance advantage and has direct combat experience unlike this version of Jeff. So it becomes a physical fight that Jeff just slowly loses.

Overall I feel these are the win cons:

• Jeff: Using his stealth and superior speed either quickly deal lethal damage to Jason or kill him via a thousand cuts
  • Jason: Hit Jeff with a solid strike and capitalize on that until he can kill him
I feel like Jason has an easier time getting his win condition than Jeff does his win condition.

So Jason imo. Better endurance allows him to survive Jeff's in-character first strike and his better physicals give him the win afterwards.
Didnt 2009 jason survive a wood chiper im not sure if stabbing him is ever gonna kill him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back