• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Batman manages to completely freeze Jason he can still wait for his regen to repair dead cells or create new ones and then free himself once he gaines enough strenght.

He was blown to bits in Jason Goes to Hell and was still alive, (his heart was still pumping and waited the right opportunity to possess a black guy, which also implies he can control his healing factor) and in Freddy vs Jason he regenerated his eyes in minutes, he also regenerated a large portion of his body in the comics, there might be something more that i'm missing though.

"blown to bits" =/= "cellular disintegration/damage",while i do agree jason is functionally immortal and bats has no way of killing him,jason has no feats for stuff that damages on a cellular level(i might be wrong,haven't watched all movies),it might be enough for an incap win.

The Legendary Carmine said:
Even us humans can heal or replace cells, it's just that we heal much slowlier.
we don't/can't "heal" cells that's why we replace them,for all of jason's Regenerationn,we have no idea how fast he will regenerate if he's frozen solid i.e. all the cells in his body are destroyed due to freezing,he'll not die,but the incap might be long enough for batman to win IF we count mr freeze's grenades as standard gear for batman

Can it really be considered a win if the incapacitation is not permanent? I mean if it takes too long for Jason to free himself Batman would go somewhere else, so who wins in the end?

Maybe kinda Jason, if they kept going Batman would run out of gadgets, so Jason would eventually win.

Can we agree on that part? Because giving the win to Batman for temporarily incapacitating an opponent sounds like a very unfair way of winning. (especially under these circumstances)

Well, Considering Jason's regen, how else do you expect Batman to finish him? The idea that death is the only way to win is heavily skewing things in Jason's favor since his regen will prevent Batman from taking him out any other way.

I mean, unless he calls in the Batjet to drag Jason to the bottom of the Mariana Trench or something (his Injustice counterpart lends credence to this) but it would seem awfully out of character for Bats.

In a fight, i always want it to end with either death or PERMANENT incapaciation.

We currently are 7-4 to Jason, can i give him this notable win now?

Batman's only method of victory here is BFR, he has no real way to keep Jason down.

This is pretty one-sided.

Batman can totally win this, albeit with some difficulty (I think mid-low to low with gadgets, mid-high without), if we take account the gear that he sometimes carries. Not exactly prep time, but rather gear that sometimes he uses, sometimes not, but he wasn't really "prepared" for the danger that was to come.

He can literally make Jason not be able to move, swing a weapon or even walk witherve-killing gloves, while distracting him with gas pellets, smoke bombs and other weapons, such as acid batarangs, tazers, nitrogen capsules and super-flammable gas.

Oh, and did I mention that he has fast-hardening chemicals capable of hardening faster than an explosion (Apparently) and enduring said explosion with ease ? He can literally just freeze Jason there using that chemical, and he won't be able to do jack against Batman.

And Jason's heart making Batman eat it? His cowl can "reset" his mind whenever he gets on a hypnosis-like state.

And he has multiple feats of auto-hypnosis.

Bonus: He was especially trained to kill demons. Jason is kind-of-a-demon, right?

EDIT: Some of those may seem like prep time, but they are actually consistent. Like the fast-hardening chemicals, there are quite a couple of feats of him using these, and same goes to electric/freezing weaponry.

Jason is not a demon.

Jason was able to move fine not long after being frozen in cryostasis for a long period of time, so I'm not sure how effective the nitrogen capsules will be.

Talonmask said:
Jason is not a demon.
Jason was able to move fine not long after being frozen in cryostasis for a long period of time, so I'm not sure how effective the nitrogen capsules will be.
Oh.

I see. Even then, Batman can still restrain him with the chemicals, or disable him (Idk exactly his regen level, but from what I recal, it isn't to the point of regenerating nerves) with nerve-killing gloves.

Uhhh @Talon I'm pretty sure he is a demon, he's a 100% not human, nor is he even alive. He comes back from hell. He's a zombie demon

@Grudge He's Undead, not a demon, Krueger is a demon, there's a difference.

@Venom Jason has been shown to regenerate large chunks of his body in seconds, and as previously stated, he was able to survive being blown to pieces.

That's a lot of arsenal, are you even sure he uses these as standard weapons?

Also if this fast hardening chemical is less durable than steel Jason can easily walk through it.

The gas, smoke, bombs, acid batarangs, tazers, nitrogen capsules and the super flammable gas all look like a good way to prolong the fight.

@Talon

Regenerating large chunks of the body is Low-Mid to Mid-level Regenerationn. Regenerating of being blown to pieces is High-Mid level. Doesn't destroying nerves requires a Low-High level of Regenerationn?

@The Legendary Carmine

Eyup. I can send you various scans of him using these on very different occasions, most of the time when he didn't really "needed" them or "prepared" for the situation. And surprisingly, a good deal of these "weapons" actually come from his suit itself.

It is more durable than steel. It tanked a large explosion at point-blank range, with people inside the said chemical, without wounding or even affecting the people within.

Also, he has energy-field batarangs. But these may count as prep time since at the time he had to deal with Will O' Wisps, so yeah. Maybe not, but most likely it was prep time.

And his grapnel gun has a 15-to breaking strai. Seeing as Jason's lifting strength is of, at max, 1 ton, Batman can safely hold him off with his grapnel gun.

I don't know, seeing as he was able to regenerate a large hole in his body, you could assume he regenerated some of the nerves. It depends, I suppose.

The grapnel gun seems reliable in this scenario.

Tazing or setting Jason on fire won't do much though, as he's shrugged off things like that before.

Well, perhaps. I am no expert on the matter.

Indeed.

Yup. I mentioned them as a method of distracting Jason, not of really beating him.

Has Batman used his grapnel gun for restraining people before? I'm sure he would think about it eventually, considering Jason's durability is too much for Batman, but I am curious if it's something he regularly does.

Talonmask said:
Has Batman used his grapnel gun for restraining people before? I'm sure he would think about it eventually, considering Jason's durability is too much for Batman, but I am curious if it's something he regularly does.
With large, bulky opponents he does use it a lot.

Then I'm sure Batman would be able to restrain him, he does have a sizable speed advantage after all.

That doesn't mean he can't do it, he would do whatever he can to free himself, first he'll try do accomplish this by sheer strenght, which is not going to work, he will then use alternatives and that's when the teleportation will be used, Jason is not going to stop, no matter who he's fighting.

The Legendary Carmine said:
That doesn't mean he can't do it, he would do whatever he can to free himself, first he'll try do accomplish this by sheer strenght, which is not going to work, he will then use alternatives and that's when the teleportation will be used, Jason is not going to stop, no matter who he's fighting.
He could, but Jason isn't smart, like at all. He's good at killing, but he himself is not svery smart. I believe that's one of his weaker traits.

Jason is not that smart, but again he'll do whatever he can to free himself, if strenght is not going to work he'll teleport his way out, and believe me, when he starts using it he spams it all over the place. (Jason Takes Manhattan)

There isn't much else Batman can do, Jason teleports in front of him and he'll tear him apart.

@The Legendary Carmine

I'm pretty sure that's a Burden of Proof Fallacy, but due to my limited knowledge of the series and my relatively poor forum record I suppose we can let it slide unless someone has a scene where Jason is restrained and can't get out.

What is the range on Jason's teleportation?

Jason was able to teleport in front of someone who was hidden inside a building and was ahead of him, (Jason Takes Manhattan) his range is slightly over 10 meters or so.

So I am ok with bfr as long as the person who got bfr is permentanly bfr so tell me does mr.freeze freeze ray freeze people forever if not broken out of.

@Huesito88

I don't know if it's forever, but according to the DCAU (which is a completely separate continuity but is nevertheless one of Mr. Freeze's most commonly used depictions), a man's family was left frozen "forever", well over forty years after Freeze finished the deed.

Now that i think about it, he teleported underwater in order to reach New York, some may say he walked underwater but it would take too much time for him to catch up to the fugitives.

His range should be around some dozen meters or so.

Well if Batman has nothing else to bring to the table i guess Jason gets close to Batman by teleporting (nullifying Batman's speed advantage) and kill him right there.

If there can't be made any more arguments for Batman to win Jason takes this.

Which you also skewed heavily in Jason's favor by forcing a permanent incap/death even though Batman's options are extremely limited.

Plus you still don't have the necessary votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back