• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees Higher Durability?

Shouldn't Undead Jason have a higher durability?, In his profile it seems that the better dura feat that he has is surviving a 189 kilojoule impact. But throughout the series, Jason has demonstrated feats like:
AP wise Jason has also demonstrated that he can knock down reinforced steel which can yield numbers in the megajoule Range.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
That's 9-B, but I'm not sure if that's an upgrade
I don't think its confirmed he got crushed there.
Now this is worth calcing imo.
The house thing is an outlier though. A direct mortar strike killed Jason, so him having Gigajoule+ durability.

The house thing is an outlier though. A direct mortar strike killed Jason, so him having Gigajoule+ durability.
It was mortar tho? also guys having a high durability but get injuried by bullets are very common in fiction

Last edited:
we don't see the mortar, but anyway the explosion seemed pretty big, higher than a mortar imo
Actually, mortars can get pretty big payload size with most modern ones having a lethal blast wave at 15-30 meters from origin.
has plenty of feats that puts him above a mortar explosion.
I don't think so. A common US military mortar explosive that I could find (the M888) has an explosive yield weight of 1.68 kilograms of Composition B. Multiply that by 1.33x to get the weight in TNT and that's 2.2344 kilograms of TNT or 9,348,729.6 Joules (9.3 MegaJoules).

Being directly hit by that is beyond anything Jason has taken, which is why he was gibbed.

I don't think so. A common US military mortar explosive that I could find (the M888) has an explosive yield weight of 1.68 kilograms of Composition B. Multiply that by 1.33x to get the weight in TNT and that's 2.2344 kilograms of TNT or 9,348,729.6 Joules (9.3 MegaJoules).
Wow didn't know about that
Being directly hit by that is beyond anything Jason has taken, which is why he was gibbed.
Ignoring the house explosion feat right?

Eh, I'd say that's a matter of interpretation. The inconsistency could be summed up by different directors or choice of direction, I'm pretty sure whatever we have him at now would be around the range if not higher than what blew him up anyway.

What would be an outlier would be rating Jason as 7-A in durability for Krueger being unable to kill him within the Dream World, which is what Freddy is currently rated as in that key.

The house explosion is worth calculating.

I'm pretty sure whatever we have him at now would be around the range if not higher than what blew him up anyway.
What we currently have him at is >550 kj and a 189 kj durability showing. So we don't rate this form of Jason close to 8-C.

which is what Freddy is currently rated as in that key.
While he is Tier 7, Freddy in FvJ is also much weaker than his prime. The novelization said he needed to use his full power to just drop the boiler, which is a far cry from his house tornado scene or when he made a planet of cars.

The house explosion is worth calculating
You can calc it, I just don't think it's useable durability wise. Jason just outright has worse showings than it afterall.

What we currently have him at is >550 kj and a 189 kj durability showing. So we don't rate this form of Jason close to 8-C.
What about Jason breaking down a steel door? and i don't think that The house explosion would make him 8-C.
While he is Tier 7, Freddy in FvJ is also much weaker than his prime. The novelization said he needed to use his full power to just drop the boiler, which is a far cry from his house tornado scene or when he made a planet of cars.
That's true

You can calc it, I just don't think it's useable durability wise. Jason just outright has worse showings than it afterall.
Hard to believe that more "grounded" characters like John Wick, Rambo, Dominic Toreto, Jon Snow all have a greater AP than Jason here on this wiki. But i guess it is what it is.

Back