• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I already bumped up Jason to 9-A now, and removed losses and wins that involved his undead or Uber form. I'll wait on Freddy. But Jason no doubt should be there. Considering he was both he and Freddy were heavily already damaged and tired from their fights. As well. Jason is made to be quite a notable amount stronger physically. And the feat is 0.004 Tons. Where small building is 0.005. So it's basically there. And the situation should let them bump up there.

As for the explosion. If ya need. I can go ahead and try and Calc it.

Hey, more discussion on this was probably warranted.

...The lot of you also should have checked previous threads to see how many times this has been proposed.

Because from what I can recall, it's been proposed a lot, and the general consensus has been that the couple of feats mentioned here are well outside of every other showing that Undead Jason and Real World!Freddy have.

I'm not completely against 9-A Jason, but it's certainly inconsistent for Freddy, and debatably more than a little inconsistent for Jason.

Even if he has these feats (which he's typically badly injured afterwards anyways), most of the time, he's just a basic superhuman and can get injured by ordinary human weapons. 9-A is a bit more outliery in this regard than 9-B.

Idk about regular Superhuman, future bullets pretty much do nothing to him and he was shot up a shit ton in Jason Goes to Hell. Not too sure about Freddy but I feel this can scale to Jason.

It can't scale to one of them without scaling for the other, it's the same feat for the both of them.

Jason ******* exploded when he got shot to hell. Well, that was the rocket (which helps disprove 9-A anyways), but he was obviously injured by every shot. He tanks them because he's immortal, not because they don't hurt him.

I'm gonna rewatch a couple of clips with Jason. And I don't think he was injured by them just annoyed but Jason's resistance to bullets kinda varies throughout his appearances.

He was physically injured. He's like grunting in pain in the scene in Final Friday.

GojiBoyForever said:
I'm gonna rewatch a couple of clips with Jason. And I don't think he was injured by them just annoyed but Jason's resistance to bullets kinda varies throughout his appearances.
It really doesn't. They almost always pierce his flesh and leave some sort of mark, which is what normal bullets would do to a 9-B flesh target even in real life. (See: Elephants) He just walks off the damage more times than not because he's undead, he's immortal and, frankly, he doesn't give a shit.

Hell, in the comics, he's had a hole blown in him by a common grenade and had to regenerate most of his torso from it. But you want his profile to suggest that he's capable of withstanding an explosion that can take out a large house?

Too be fair. Iirc. Jason vs Freddy is the one between Part 9 and X in the timeline. Which X is when he went all Uber and super stronger. So past movies he may have been damaged by bullets. But this is the most recent of the films. And he did start to get more broken and stronger as the films went on.

Plus, Bullets are probably one of the most inconsistent things in fiction. (As well as long Falls. But that's beside the point). They can hurt just about anyone in fiction cause reasons.

As for freddy scaling. The film did make it pretty clear Jason was a lot stronger. He probably could have survived only due to PIS. The film when Freddy tried to hurt him with physical attacks, it always seemed to do basically nothing. Jason never reacted really, and it didn't even move him. I recall he even tried to slam down on Jason and he didn't budge. He even hurt his own foot when trying to groin kick him. He did only do notable damage with pierce damage. So we could probably go with Freddy doesn't scale physically.

As for adding it, I did so cause the calced feat was said fine on the page.

"Plus, Bullets are probably one of the most inconsistent things in fiction. (As well as long Falls. But that's beside the point). They can hurt just about anyone in fiction cause reasons."

No, but they ca be enough to do visible damage to beings as high as 9-B, due to their mechanics. Elephants (as I mentioned above) can be damaged by bullets, and if you shoot one in the right spot (like its eye, or enough times in its underbelly), you can actually critically wound it. You can outright kill grizzly bears with a normal rifle as well.

You can't do this to a 9-A.

Yes. In real life. But like I'm saying. Their inconsistent in fiction. Peter Griffin is 9-A. But guns have shot him a lot. As well as several of the cast. Same for thousands of others verses and characters. I'm just bringing in the point that bullets have pierced different levels and much higher levels than a real life one typically could.

That doesn't change the fact that bullets consistently injure Jason, nor does it negate all of the other things far below 9-A that have either visibly damaged him or destroyed him outright.

Both of which make 9-B much more reasonable a rating than 9-A.

Despite the fact that he was "injured" by bullets in Part 9, he was completely unaffected (With the exception of a bit of knockback) in Part 6.

I do think 9-B is a more consistent tier for Jason though.

The Arrow peak human fighters are 9-A but they can be hurt or killed by bullets. Jason should be 9-B+, likely 9-A like other Resident Evil characters.

I'd be fine with "Wall level, possibly Small Building level" for his durability.

Yes. It should have never scaled anyways since no one scaled Freddy's durability to it.

Well technically he did scale to the small building. He was in said explosion with Jason. Just seems agreed it's outlier for him. I have no knowledge on Freddy and can't argue either side. (Wasn't our on his page mostly cause I forgot to add it).

But so agreement on Possibly 9-A for Jason then?

I stiil honestly think 9-A is too high. Being blown to pieces by rocket launcher fire and having a hand grenade blast a hole in his torso that he needed to regenerate are two major points against his durability being that high.

But if you want to add "possibly 9-A", I won't stop you. Just make sure you explain the fact that him being that durable is extremely dubious at best.

We're still questioning how consistent it is

... Why? If they were heavily injured, wouldn't the feat be around the ceiling of their durability? What?

Back