• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That doesn't magically make it so that they're going to die to things that wouldn't have killed them normally, especially since they're both immortal anyways.

He means they pre to the explosion were already heavily injured. As in, before they took the explosion, they were already damaged badly,

I know, but that doesn't mean their durability should jump up from the calc. They're undead immortals, the wounds don't mean much and wouldn't do much to make them more vulnerable.

It doesn't seem like Promestein and MrKing have accepted this.

Promestein said:
I know, but that doesn't mean their durability should jump up from the calc. They're undead immortals, the wounds don't mean much and wouldn't do much to make them more vulnerable.
This doesn't make sense to me.

She's saying their prior wounds don't mean anything, because wounding someone who is undead and immortal doesn't do anything to weaken that person.

Which they don't, because it doesn't.

You're saying they should be 9-A in durability because they took the explosion while heavily injured, when "being heavily injured" doesn't mean anything to someone who is undead and therefore not slowed down by injuries that don't kill them. On top of the fact that, as I said before, 9-A is already dubious due to being contradicted by two lesser explosions that have utterly destroyed Jason his in canon.

Antvasima said:
It doesn't seem like Promestein and MrKing have accepted this.
We haven't.

Yeah, and then at the end of the movie, Freddy's severed head smiles and winks at the camera as a recovered Jason carries it off.

You can damage them as much as you want, and it won't outright kill them unless you destroy them beyond their shown ability to stay alive. They survived the explosion (and the rest of their wounds) because of that, not because their raw durability allowed them to do so.

And having suffered several wounds beforehand does not change that, because that's not the way their immortality works.

I'm not saying it negates the durability. I'm saying the injuries prior to the explosion don't matter in the context of the explosion itself because of how their immortality works, so assuming their durability would just bump up to 9-A because they were heavily damaged prior to the explosion isn't an argument that holds water.

Although that's where the whole "inconsistency" part comes in. Lesser explosions have blown apart Jason's body wholesale, yet this one instance which is being argued to be 9-A (even though the calc is like 9-B+ apparently?) somehow didn't leave his body in a smoldering ruin the way a typical rocket launcher did.

Actually, hold on a minute...

This is the feat. This is the calc. Right away, we have a problem; inverse square law hasn't been factored into the calc at all, which makes a big difference, because the two of them were standing at the edge of the dock and the epicenter of the explosion is directly shown to be more than a few feet away from the pier.

So this calc is already faulty as it is, and is likely to give far lower results once it's fixed. Because ISL is shitty like that...

We have a close to 9-A feat, an 8-C feat, and Jason harming Uber who took many large explosions.

I could've sworn bullets and shit harming Jason was commonly seen as PIS, not as a reason to downplay him for a few feats that go against his durability.

And yes, guns are inconsistent in fiction. Hell, Jason himself is inconsistent so I don't see why they're so important. Jason got resurrected by lightning or something when he went against the psychic chick and tanked the explosion. If we're arguing his regen is so rapid that a 9-A and 8-C explosion can't effectively kill him then wouldn't that be worth mentioning and make his regen pretty damn inpressive? But then we have hin struggling to regen from lesser wounds.

Like I said, he's inconsistent. I feel like the "possibly" ratings are fine when dealing with such an inconsistent mess as Jason and Slasher characters

Regen was never mentioned in my argument at all, and neither was the 8-C explosion.

And now it has become apparent that the 9-B+ calc needs adjusting before it can even be used for anything, since a necessary variable that would directly impact the result wasn't even included in the calc itself.

I believe I recall that happening in the comics. Although IIRC it wasn't a crash; it was the helicopter getting shot and exploding, with Jason hanging from it via a bunch of rope beforehand.

So what needs to be done here?

Okay. You can message a few calc group members about it if you wish.

Sorta missed so it on this thread. Anyways what are the main points? I will for certain say the Part VII house feat is an outlier. Jason has been killed by a mortar shell, almost killed by a hand grenade, and killed by a slugthrower before. So casually tanking a house sized explosion is a massive contradiction.

So more points.

• Jason did not survive a helicopter crash. He was frozen and tied up, then the helicopter exploded and the fire dethawed Jason who then escaped from the ropes
  • Zombie Jason only harmed Uber-Jason once, and that was when he went around the metal armor that surrounds his body. Every other hit that impacted the armor was no-selled by Uber-Jason. So he wouldn't scale to UJ's durability since he failed the damage his metal parts
  • Jason is consistently harmed, or at least effected, by gunfire. Kay-Em even shot off Zombie Jason's arm. Jason has also been decapitated before by Tommy with a piece of metal debris and had a hole blasted through his torso by Ash's boomstick.
So in general while I'm fine with 9-B+ or just higher levels of Wall ratings, I disagree with making Zombie Jason 9-A or 8-C. The only Jason I see approaching that is EoS Novel Uber-Jason but that wouldn't backscale to any of his previous forms

The wall level+ feat is 0.004 tons of tnt. How do you feel about it being that high? Cause if you aren't fine with 9-A. Well the feat is almost basically 9-A.

Tbh even if Jason doesn't get an upgrade or anything, I'm just glad he's getting this much attention. Happy to see these Jason supporters.

Buttersamuri said:
The wall level+ feat is 0.004 tons of tnt. How do you feel about it being that high? Cause if you aren't fine with 9-A. Well the feat is almost basically 9-A.
Personally I think it makes sense considering how much damage soak he's shown to possess. His AP would be decently lower though. Jason is more of a stone wall than anything.

Guess it scales to UJ though.

GojiBoyForever said:
Tbh even if Jason doesn't get an upgrade or anything, I'm just glad he's getting this much attention. Happy to see these Jason supporters.
I would have been here earlier if I knew the thread existed. I still need to provide the scan update to his profile as well.

The calc isn't valid, as already explained. It shouldn't be used. No 9-B+.

Back