• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jafar (Disney) / Genie (Disney) Revision

Question: I understand people belive it's an outlier for Jafar being Universal due to the one statement from the movie "The universe is mine to command... To control". But then he also says in the Return of Jafar he says the following:

" It is the curse of the lamp. All the power in the universe... and I am bound by the rules of the genie ! "

So even during the sequels he refers to his power as having all the power in the universe. This is when he obviously has more awarness of his powers and not just saying it in the spur of the moment. Would this be notable enough to reupgrade him.

I also say there isn't anything really hinting at Genie getting so much weaker than he lost an entire tier based off of it... That's at least a millions upon millions times difference... The series itself only treats it as losing only a fraction, and he was still able to put up a fight against Jafar while he was a Genie... albeit lost. So he should be upgraded as well..

You can ask the active experienced members listed in the Disney verse page to comment here if you wish.

In order, his statement in the first movie isn't an outlier, is just not a feat a all. So is the other statement.

This is incredibly clear, not sure what more to say.

It's not because they are statements, it's because they don't mean 3-A.

Also when Genie describes his magic (as a depowered genie) ... He says this: Man: Magic? What kind of magic?

Genie: Mastery of the time-space continuum?

Genie was either referring to himself or the magic crystals the dude made. If the former, it's consistent. If not his peak self within the lamp should scale as it's consistent that he's the most powerful being in the verse aside from other lamp bound genie compararable entities.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
So some3pme being stated explicitly to have the power of the universe isn't 3-A ? Okay then... I honestly don't understand how that wouldn't be 3-A.
That's like saying that someone with the power of the planet is 5-B, "the power of x" isn't a synonym for "able to destroy x in one attack", it just mean having power somehow related to x.

Do you also think that "Mastery" means "able to destroy in one attack"? If so, it doesn't.

Eficiente is correct. Even if Jafar did have all the energy in the universe, that wouldn't be anywhere near enough to destroy all of the matter within it in one omnidirectional explosion.

Back