• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Deku's AP: 4.22 Kilotons

Deku's LS: 1142 tons (Class M)

Iron Man's AP: 1.76 kilotons, higher with charged repulsors

Iron Man's LS: 5.34e+4 kg (Class 100) regularly, 5,976 tons with full-power thrust flight (Class M)

Deku’s got a very good chance here I’d say.

He has a 2.4x stat advantage that he can increase by using 15% of OFA. He wins in LS unless Iron Man solely focuses on flight, which is detrimental to actually fighting, so he can restrain him with Blackwhip strands. He has enough mobility to keep up with flight by swinging and jumping between buildings.

Even at range he can fight since 10-15% can send out Air Force attacks from ANY part of the body, not just fingers. So missiles get blown out of the sky long before reaching him.

Main issues for him are likely the Repulsor blasts and AI reading his fight pattern, but the fight boils down to the Hulkbuster vs a stronger, smarter hulk that can basically fly, grapple at range and has huge aoe attacks that are stronger than Iron Man.

He can take any attack Iron Man has to throw at him with absolute ease, and will fight through any injuries he takes like they don’t even exist. Iron Man meanwhile is getting his armor torn up by Deku’s Air Force attacks, and he can do them at any time while dogging Iron Man constantly in the air. Getting grappled is terrible since Deku will use it to beat Iron Man up physically, and if he uses 15% it’s basically a wrap with the strength amp.

Izuku becomes an Avenger FRA

Oh, I should've mentioned that Deku can't go up any higher than 10%.
I don’t think you can restrict 15% since it’s not a tier change.

From the rules:
  • It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added. The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted, or if the ability being restricted is indexed after a "Likely" or "Possibly" conditional.

I don’t think you can restrict 15% since it’s not a tier change.

From the rules:
  • It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added. The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted, or if the ability being restricted is indexed after a "Likely" or "Possibly" conditional.
Right, right, that rule's been mentioned in a couple of other threads that I've been working on.

I actually think Iron Man has more advantages. Though Deku does indeed have the AP advantage and can fire many Air Force shots, Tony still has much greater range and maneuverability, and could easily just play the long-range game by firing multiple charged repulsor blasts. Iron Man has his missiles which he could fire throughout the city to force Deku into the open and limit his mobility. Iron Man's lasers would let him easily slice Deku in half as well, though he doesn't use the lasers very often in battle and likely would use them as a last-resort or much later in the fight.

Though you mention Deku's Blackwhip, you overestimate how effectively he can actually use it. He doesn't have a fraction of the mastery and efficiency with Blackwhip during the Endeavor Agency arc, and he can only use it for a few seconds at most. There's a reason why Deku didn't use Blackwhip at all while fighting Flect Turn, since it barely would've helped him at all with the limited control of it he had.

Pretty sure Deku can't use Air Force from just any part of his body either. The only moments I can think of when he used Air Force from anywhere besides his fingers is during World Heroes, when he used St. Louis Air Force Smash to stop a helicopter with a kick or during the Paranormal Liberation War when he stopped a decay wave. He rarely uses Air Force with his legs during Besides, I think it'd be pretty hard for Deku's Air Force shots to hit Iron Man when he's constantly flying in the air.

Iron Man could use F.R.I.D.A.Y. to help determine Deku's fighting style and movement patterns which would help him shoot Deku with more accuracy than Deku could fire his Air Force blasts, and I don't think Deku's Analytical Prediction abilities can compare with an advanced A.I. system created by Tony Stark.

I actually think Iron Man has more advantages. Though Deku does indeed have the AP advantage and can fire many Air Force shots, Tony still has much greater range and maneuverability, and could easily just play the long-range game by firing multiple charged repulsor blasts. Iron Man has his missiles which he could fire throughout the city to force Deku into the open and limit his mobility. Iron Man's lasers would let him easily slice Deku in half as well, though he doesn't use the lasers very often in battle and likely would use them as a last-resort or much later in the fight.
Deku can destroy the missiles before they even reach him with Air Force, as I said previously. It also should be incredibly easy for him to dodge the missiles by swinging between buildings with Blackwhip and his general mobility. Missiles are actually quite terrible to use against Deku in a city even if they track him given he can destroy them at range or just avoid them entirely.

And you mean the 7-B lasers that Iron Man shouldn’t have access to in this fight or are those unrestricted? In which case why doesn’t Deku have 100% unrestricted?

Though you mention Deku's Blackwhip, you overestimate how effectively he can actually use it. He doesn't have a fraction of the mastery and efficiency with Blackwhip during the Endeavor Agency arc, and he can only use it for a few seconds at most. There's a reason why Deku didn't use Blackwhip at all while fighting Flect Turn, since it barely would've helped him at all with the limited control of it he had.

Uh, what? He did not have severe issues with Blackwhip at all at this point in time? Are you misunderstanding the Deku being used? This version of Deku is the one that mastered Blackwhip to the point he could grab several robots and smash them together by yanking them into a ball. This is the Deku that uses Blackwhip to Spider-Man swing through the air with ridiculous grace and precision. This is the Deku who is POST Endeavor training where he LEARNED to master Blackwhip. You have your wires crossed a bit saying he can’t use it for more than a second at this point, that was a weakness he had before the training with Endeavor.

He didn’t use it vs Flect because he knew it wouldn’t do anything, not because he couldn’t use it. Also he was narratively attempting to blast past him quickly to defuse the Trigger bombs, grabbing him wouldnt do anything, and as we saw with his thought process, he was thinking of numerous ways to defeat him. Blackwhip simply wasn’t going to cut it, it’s for helping him GET attacks, not an attack itself (yet), so why would he use it against someone who reflects his attacks.

We see him use Blackwhip to lift a car during the movie, he clearly can use it for longer than a second? We even see him shoot out 10+ strands on a bridge to grab up Rody. Heck, his LS feat that you acknowledge is him GRABBING multiple objects with Blackwhip to drag them in for an attack. What level of mastery are you claiming he doesn’t have? The feats he has shown are more than enough for him to use it to high effect against Iron Man.

I’m incredibly perplexed on this point. Deku has demonstrably mastered Blackwhip in this key to a passable degree. Sure it got even BETTER in the Final Act, but that’s obvious. What he has in this key is still the quirk being usable, not something to be disregarded.

Pretty sure Deku can't use Air Force from just any part of his body either. The only moments I can think of when he used Air Force from anywhere besides his fingers is during World Heroes, when he used St. Louis Air Force Smash to stop a helicopter with a kick or during the Paranormal Liberation War when he stopped a decay wave. He rarely uses Air Force with his legs during Besides, I think it'd be pretty hard for Deku's Air Force shots to hit Iron Man when he's constantly flying in the air.

“Any part of his body” includes his legs. As stated by All Might, when he reaches about 15%, he can shoot off wind blasts. That is from any movement, not just finger flicks, and we see that in WHM. The helicopter kick is literally him using air pressure, it’s just in kick form. And he does it twice, btw. Once to blast back Beros at night and again, mid air, against Beros in a helicopter again during the day, right before Bakugo and Shoto arrive. So he can use Air Force smashes with high AoE regularly. If he can do it with his legs he can do it with his arms, I don’t see why this is a point to get on. He only needs to use his legs for the high AoE moves that will be harming Iron Man anyway.

Also, why on EARTH would he have a hard time hitting Iron Man because he can fly? Did you completely ignore his fight with Gentle Criminal?? Gentle was bouncing so fast between points midair that Deku deemed him impossible to track, then just got better mid combat to track him anyway. He would EASILY be able to snipe a flying target with his Air Force, it’s not even a question. Gentle was a far harder target to hit than Iron Man could ever be.

Iron Man could use F.R.I.D.A.Y. to help determine Deku's fighting style and movement patterns which would help him shoot Deku with more accuracy than Deku could fire his Air Force blasts, and I don't think Deku's Analytical Prediction abilities can compare with an advanced A.I. system created by Tony Stark.

Friday took a ridiculously long time fightwise to learn and predict Captain America’s fighting style, I would not bank on that unless the fight goes for a long time. If he could perfectly predict anyones fighting style quickly, he wouldn’t have gotten hurt by Cap at all, let alone any of the stuff that he got hit by in later films like Cull Obsidian nearly beating him.

Also, even if he starts hitting Deku, he’s 2.4x weaker than him, with Deku being able to stat amp with his 15%, on top of Deku’s absolutely absurd stamina. He would run out of power blasting Deku before Deku fell down due to being hit by attacks that barely hurt him. This is the exact same Deku that withstood several MINUTES of having his full power attacks reflected back into his body, tearing his muscles and innards to shreds, over and over again. Iron Man is not cracking Deku in a short amount of time, if at all.

Deku, on the other hand, will be predicting Tony’s movements in literal seconds after seeing them, as he has done to several opponents previously. Tony is going in blind against someone stronger than him that can bull rush through all his attacks while predicting his movements.

All it takes is a single grab from Blackwhip and Deku can severely injure the suit, as he will absolutely recognize and go for the palms and feet to cripple flying and Repulsors. He swings around the city, bounces between buildings to avoid being hit by missiles or blasts, gets close enough to use Air Force from his fingers and legs, and when he predicts Tony’s movements to hit him with the air pressure, amps to 15%, goes for a grab to yank him in and starts beating him down.

Even in full flight mode, as long as Deku is holding on, it’s a wrap for Iron Man. If he gets grabbed by Blackwhip even once, Deku wins since Tony has no idea about their LS gap, and Iron Man has been hit by far more obvious attacks than Deku swinging by with high AoE air pressure into Blackwhip. I’d say Deku has more advantages by far.

Also Deku can dodge several tracking arrows midair while swinging with Blackwhip WHILE carrying someone, with such precision he can even KICK one of the arrows away from him.

I severely doubt missiles are ever going to be his downfall in this particular matchup.

Yeah Deku kinda just beats him up
wait does this mean that deku has a 2nd avenger K.O, right after the Thor one if 45% is upgraded to High 6-C

Back