• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi's sword upgrade

you cant physcally tank the sword. it does not even teqnically have a phycal state. and its flat out stated to cut any enemy

It would have to pierce you, meaning, if you can tank it, you're not getting sealed
theres no tanking this. its constantly described as an absolutly perfact attack. if some random could just tank it then how would it be perfect

But the sword interacts with physical beings, Itachi cut orochimarus heads
yes ik. i adressed this in my justifications. it has no physcal form but is still able to interact with physcal beings. thats why its called a sprit weapon

King needs to read up on what the definition of "pierce" even means, "pierce" just means the action of something, usually a sharp object, going through something.

It has nothing to do if the object in question has durability or not, a sword which cuts through space can "pierce" through someone since it's a sharp object going through someone, but instead of the "piecing" happening because of the sharpness, or AP of the sword, it's because of the esoteric, spatial cutting effect the sword has imbued within it.

King needs to read up on what the definition of "pierce" even means, "pierce" just means the action of something, usually a sharp object, going through something.
no-no-no-spider-man.gif

It is also stated that in the face of the spirit weapons, material and astral bodies lose their meanings, so yeah it's very consistent I agree.

1. The Totska blade is stated to be able to cut down any enemy

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. By the very description of this technique, this databook would be saying Itachi's jutsu > truth-seeking orbs.

2. The totska blade as well as the yata mirror lack physical form

I have several reasons against this interpretation but I don't care to argue rn.

3. Its stated multiple times to be pretty much the perfect Offense

This isn't relevant at all.

I still agree though, mainly for the fact that there was no evidence of damage when Itachi used it on Nagato.

I agree.

though i will say this "can cut down any enemy" is very contextual , given we know how it works. it just means that the way the sword works is extremely esoteric that there isnt a very conventional counter to it within the verse.

Disagree as there’s actually no traits stated over why or how the Totsuka Blade would be in any case capable of byapassing conventional durability and it's showings display a clear physical damage despite their spiritual nature. Hence there's no mechanism to justify an inherit ability to negate durability.

I have a little bit of time so im just gonna say that I think some of you guys are focusing a little too much on that 1 statement when its just supposed to be supporting evidence. also heres this from the manga
16.jpg

Disagree as there’s actually no traits stated over why or how the Totsuka Blade would be in any case capable of byapassing conventional durability and it's showings display a clear physical damage despite their spiritual nature. Hence there's no mechanism to justify an inherit ability to negate durability.
Its kind of like kamui in a way. Has no physcal state but can interact with physcal things. My second argument is That BECAUSE it has no physcal state, it doesent have to worry about running into durability if that makes sense. Goku sparkle and decieved added to what i was trying to convey

The property which would grant it Durability Negation would be the fact it's a spiritual sword that, by sheer, fundamental mechanics alone, would allow Itachi to damage people on a spiritual level, innately bypassing conventional durability since you're attacking on a different level of existence compared to the material, it's a widely accepted and common form of Durability Negation that most popular verses have, for further context read our Durability Negation and Soul Manipulation pages.

Its kind of like kamui in a way. Has no physcal state but can interact with physcal things.
Kamui warps time-space to transport the overlapping target in-between to a different dimension. That's negating durability through it's ability to shift space, not because of it being non-physical in nature (as space-time ninjutsu is in general).

My second argument is That BECAUSE it has no physcal state, it doesent have to worry about running into durability if that makes sense.
Having no-physical form doesn’t bypass durability unless the ability is used as a phase method, which is not. The Sword, regardless of lacking of true physical form, is blatantly tangible and there’s no mechanic given over why should it be assumed that it has the properties necessary to ignore conventional durability.

The property which would grant it Durability Negation would be the fact it's a spiritual sword that, by sheer, fundamental mechanics alone, would allow Itachi to damage people on a spiritual level, innately bypassing conventional durability since you're attacking on a different level of existence compared to the material, it's a widely accepted and common form of Durability Negation that most popular verses have, for further context read our Durability Negation and Soul Manipulation pages.
The Totsuka Blade isn't shown to attack on a different level of existence though; it is always either piercing through somebody or slicing them apart.

Damage, it's by the sheer fact it's a spiritual sword means it would damage things on a spiritual level, we don't need statements, similar how an attack that exist purely as a concept would innately damage things on a conceptual level, or a physical attack that's constructed out of matter would innately damage things on a physical level.

That isn't evidence against it attacking on a spiritual level, just because it's capable of attacking on a material level isn't counter evidence to it attacking on a spiritual level also.

And we have evidence that it affects the soul, it is written in the first scan of the OP: "Souls sucked out by the sword are sealed", Besides Nagato having his soul sealed by the blade.

Back