• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Itachi's bread and butter is genjutsu, he'll probably lead with some form of it, or even Tsukuyomi. So question is can Alakazam resist genjutsu?

The upper psychics can resist the effects of an amped Drowzee, who could mindhax every Pokémon on an island (which numbers in the millions).

Yep that about covers it. Since this is SBA it wouldn't be surprising for Itachi to stay back and send crow clones first, and if he sees Alakazam as a threat, he'll probably Amaterasu/Totsuka Blade.

Alakazam does still have Future Sight, which is still capable of seeing the future despite being an attack, as shown by a Girafarig.

Where does it do that, the descrpion is

"A special Psychic-type attack. It strikes the target two turns after it is used."

Taken from Bulbapedia:

Girafarig's eyes or whole body glows light blue. After a little bit of time passes, the wind blows strong and a sphere of rainbow colored energy comes out of nowhere, striking the opponent. Future Sight has a second ability that allows the user and occasionally its Trainer to see into the future.

Source for both those things? Because I just watched the fight in the episode "The Psychic Sidekicks", and Girafarig didn't see the future and it was never implied or stated that it did. Just explained that it's a "delayed psychic attack".

Yeah you're right. Although he needs to actually use the attack to see the future and even then it didn't help Girafarig to dodge or even hit Pikatchu so I guess it's not that impressive, it also leaves him in a very vulnerable position open to attacks.

I cant post scans right now as I'm on mobile but I know for a fact the future sight scan from the manga was posted in another thread recently

Back