• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi Uchiha vs Madara Uchiha

Because he wasn't allowed to kill Kabuto and what the **** is Tsukuyomi gonna do to an Edo Tensei who can't even really feel Pain, especially if he's comparable to you?
That's not the point, Itachi's intention after getting out of control was to stop Nagato, so it started with Susano'o.

If they were members of the same organization and according to you Rinnegan doesn't nullify Tsukuyomi, why didn't you start with one and then use Totsuka?

That's not the point, Itachi's intention after getting out of control was to stop Nagato, so it started with Susano'o.

If they were members of the same organization and according to you Rinnegan doesn't nullify Tsukuyomi, why didn't you start with one and then use Totsuka?
Because ******* Plot Shenanigans that wanted them to have an actual fight and not just "I look at you and win".

Because ******* Plot Shenanigans that wanted them to have an actual fight and not just "I look at you and win".
Using script as an excuse is irrelevant, we're not screenwriters lol

So, Itachi starts with Susano'o, Madara clones Susano'o around Itachi avoiding eye contact and uses Chibaku Tensei.

Still voting for Madara.

Using script as an excuse is irrelevant, we're not screenwriters lol

So, Itachi starts with Susano'o, Madara clones Susano'o around Itachi avoiding eye contact and uses Chibaku Tensei.

Still voting for Madara.
No, you can totally use the script as an argument when it's clearly a case of "this would make it boring so don't instantly solo him with the most Broken Genjutsu ever that isn't Kotoamatsukami or Infinite Tsukuyomi".

No, you can totally use the script as an argument when it's clearly a case of "this would make it boring so don't instantly solo him with the most Broken Genjutsu ever that isn't Kotoamatsukami or Infinite Tsukuyomi".
In case, you're trying to prove that bloodlusted Itachi would start with Tsukuyomi, while we see Itachi not starting with that against Kabuto and Nagato.

About Kabuto, Itachi could use Tsukuyomi without necessarily killing him, like he did against Kakashi.
About Nagato, Itachi could use Tsukuyomi to oppose Rinnegan and finish him more easily.

Itachi doesn't start with that, and would go straight to Susano'o.

I thought it's not allowed to restrict abilities? Also what is morning wood release?

Anyways, it depends on a few factors. Such as, can reanimated shinobi feel pain? It seems sorta contradictory. There are moments where they do show it
Naruto Chapter 665 Page 13

and moments where they don't when they really should
Naruto Chapter 640 Page 15
Naruto Chapter 665 Page 12

Assuming they can, using Tsukuyomi to destroy Madara's mind with pain might work, but it might not. After all, the novel describes the time passing being 100 billion times faster than the real world, and since it lasts at most a second in the real world (it might be less than that but I'm not sure, that means the max amount of time Madara will spend in the genjutsu will be 3171 years, which is a shit ton, but Madara has shown immesne pain tolerance. He just shrugged off his arm being cut off without any sort of reaction of pain, he laughed at bullet wounds, and he thought Sasuke's eyes were interesting as his arm was pierced. And even if his mind was destroyed, would it just be restored by edo tensei when it's over?

Also, assuming pain does affect edo tenseis, tsukuyomi would paralyze Itachi briefly so he couldn't totsuka gg Madara right after, he'd have to recover at least briefly first, during which Madara will as well. If neither feel pain, it just won't work. And you could say he'll age Madara like he did to Izumi, but that shouldn't work against an edo either. So assuming he doesn't feel pain and Tsukuyomi lasts a second, he'll have to just use Tsukuyomi, and if Itachi doesn't have to focus on creating the illusion during that time, he'll stab Madara during that one second, and it's gg. If he has to spend the second with Madara, then this whole strategy everyone is discussing just won't work.

In which case, it'll likely turn into a Susanoo battle, where Itachi will come out on top if Madara doesn't have a PS. Madara might use a wood dragon to restrain Itachi, but idk if it can absorb the Susanoo's chakra. If Itachi uses Amaterasu the Gunbai might be a problem but he can block it. Izanami will also lead to Itachi's victory. So yeah, although I don't think it's as clear cut as people think, Itachi would likely win. He's kinda like Minato. They're both more small scale fighters compared to some but they have such weird hax abilities that could allow them to win against technically far stronger opponents.

I hate you, for a solid 5 seconds I was trying to remember morning wood release
Voting Madara FRA. He needs to only not look into Itachi's eyes.

Happy no one's commented on the funky as hell location. Would it make any amount of difference here?

Why is it with Akatsuki Ring? Can u prove it?
He only considered using genjutsu when he had the ring, which should probably make the process easier.

But I find it pointless to consider, as 1) he doesn't start with it while he's bloodlusted and 2) anyone with minimal genjutsu experience can break away, as Naruto still inexperienced in genjutsu managed to break him.

Doesn't change the fact that it was probably regular genjutsu, since for Sharingan based genjutsu you need eye contact, with the only exception, as I recall, being Kotoamatsukami.

The only information I could find about the Akatsuki Rings

"Under Nagato, each member of Akatsuki is given one of ten rings, to be worn on a specific finger. Other than apparently signifying one's membership, the rings seem to have some role in sealing the tailed beasts into the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path, indicating which of the statue's finger the members should stand on. The rings are apparently important and irreplaceable: when Orochimaru defects he takes his ring with him, and for that reason he is never officially replaced; when Deidara loses the arm that his ring is on, he has greater interest in recovering the ring than the arm itself; Zetsu and Tobi specifically seek out Sasori's ring after his death, needing it for Tobi to replace him. When Tobi takes over, the rings are no longer important, as he simply discards it along with his damaged robe after battling Konan. Despite all this, the rings' exact significance is never explained"

He could have used it on other occasions, and only considered wearing it while he was in possession of the ring.
During most of time that he appeared, he was using the ring and akatsuki outfit, u need proofs that it is due the ring, because it makes no sense, Itachi said that could use Genjutsu with his finger, not with his ring

During most of time that he appeared, he was using the ring and akatsuki outfit, u need proofs that it is due the ring, because it makes no sense, Itachi said that could use Genjutsu with his finger, not with his ring
Even if he can cast it, It will make no difference to Madara because at the end of the day it’s just simple Genjutsu

Itachi does starts with genjutsus, he just started with finger genjutsu that time because itachi himself stated that couldnt use Mangenkyou there

If Itachi is on an Akatsuki mission and encounters a random ninja, would he use Tsukuyomi or Ephemeral Genjutsu?

In my view, it doesn't make sense for him to prefer to spend his Mangekyou and advance his illness instead of using Ephemeral Genjutsu. He may have used it more times, it just wasn't shown.

And I don't understand why this started to be discussed all of a sudden. Bloodlusted Itachi doesn't start with that and it's not something that would be effective against Madara.

Lol if it is not Tsukuyomi, no form of genjutsu would be effective against madara
Sad that madara susanoo was restricted, would be fun to see his own crush itachi puny ant like susanoo

Anyway i vote madara, Heaven concealment GG, makes susanoo clone **** itachi up. And besides he absorbs any thing itachi throws and amaterasu is useless here also.
And no totsuka blade is not connecting, madara susanoo clones overwhelms bomb him up

Back