• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've found another thing to help support the scaling from 10% Lariat, though I hope you give me sometime as I'll include what I mean in my scaling sandbox. The weekdays suck for me most of the time so I hope it's not too much to ask for some time?

That is probably fine, but Damage has already waited for a very long time for these revisions to start.

@Antvasima; I've already made most of the changes. I just have the locked profiles and Boruto profiles to update now.

Right now I'm taking the perspective that this current discussion is about whether we should upgrade the characters based on the databook statement and related calcs. Which is why we will need a new vote, and possibly a new thread.

Okay. A new staff thread might be a good idea.

Yeah, I can agree with a new staff thread and perhaps wait for Jvando to respond and make it return to staff only, but Jvando is welcome to comment given his helpful contributions and reasoning skills. As well as the one collecting the points.

As an aside, can we change the speed on Nagato's Edo key from:

to:

• Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed (Could keep up with Killer B, and KCM Naruto, but the loss of his legs make him mostly immobile)
Reason for this is that Nagato notes that he can't move on his own anymore, he has to be carried everywhere by another Edo Tensei or his summons, and Kabuto notes that Nagato's lack of mobility is what contributed to his defeat.

I've updated Nagato's page.

After rereading parts of the series I'm currently working on a detailed breakdown on how some of the current justifications for speed don't hold up and why the proposed upgrades may not work for most of the characters.

@Ant

In this new thread, I would like to get prior permission, so if I have something interesting to add, I can comment on it. Can i have her?

I do not know. What do other staff members think?

Hi everyone, I've got an update.

I've spoken with Jvando and we've agreed that due to the state of the current justifications on Naruto profiles and the possibility of feats and statements to review that could affect the profiles, we're going to create (what I call) the Naruto Speed Revision Project.

It'll be a Staff Only thread, with the exception of a few knowledgeable Naruto fans and the aim of the thread will be to go through the series from the beginning of Shippuden and review the existing speed scaling and make suggestions for improvements.

Along the way we'll be gathering new feats, statements, calcs, etc. and use them to improve the justifications on the profiles.

The thread will probably be created in the next couple of days and this one can be closed down.

Should I close this thread now, or wait for a while?

I'd prefer it if it remains open until I can get the new thread up.

For anyone interested the continuation of this thread will be posted tomorrow where we will explore options for re-scaling the speed ratings of the verse (as far as Shippuden is concerned). For anyone willing to participate and find feats, I recommend doing a reread of the series from chapter 245 onwards.

I've already read through the series multiple times, and not counting raiton feats, there are no notable speed feats that will yield any impressive results. At least from my memory.

The purpose of the thread isn't just to find new feats/calcs but to examine the current scaling justifications and address issues with them.

Damage3245 said:
For anyone interested the continuation of this thread will be posted tomorrow where we will explore options for re-scaling the speed ratings of the verse (as far as Shippuden is concerned). For anyone willing to participate and find feats, I recommend doing a reread of the series from chapter 245 onwards.
I was refering to the bolded part.

Isn't it obvious?

You said: "I've already read through the series multiple times, and not counting raiton feats, there are no notable speed feats that will yield any impressive results. At least from my memory."

And I clarified that the sole purpose of the thread is not just to find new notable feats. If I said that, then it is pretty obvious I knew what you were talking about. So the bigger question is why did you feel the need to say which part you were referring to.

Although it would be better just to drop this line of conversation.

I'll post the link to the new thread here when it is up tomorrow.

Because I read your entire comment and decided to say something about one of the issues you brought up, since looking for new feats wont help since there aren't any to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back