• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Bill Cipher's powers and abilities.

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
Resurrection (Not combat applicable and Mid-Godly overtime. Implied that, thanks to the Axolotl, he can come back after his erasure,[8] with the latter knowing about it, though details such as the methods or how much time it takes are unknown, with it also likely being the reason why Bill is trapped in a cosmic punishment where he's forced to relive the events of the series over and over)

This is not an ability of Bill Cipher but Axolotl. None of the scans proves Bill has the ability to resurrect:

In the video scan, Bill said that he may come back through Axolotl. In this poetic statement of the second scan:
If he wants to shirk the blame -- He'll have to invoke my name -- One way to absolve his crime -- A different form, a different life.

Nothing in that poem statement says Bill can revive himself. Even in the description, it says it's not combat-applicable, this is redundant to be listed and should be removed.

The candle fires and the clouds in the skies were still moving in the scene; we didn't even see the dragonfly and the frog completely stopping in the time frame but rather moving in slow motion, therefore time wasn't stopped. Oh, and you can also see a deer moving in this scene of the same video.

Acausality (Types 1 and 4. It was revealed that after the events of Gravity Falls Bill is trapped in a cosmic punishment where he's forced to relive the events of the series again and again. Bill lived in and made Nightmare Realm his new home[4] which is not only described as a place that lacks laws[4] such as physics[4] or causality,[6] but also implied to be outside time[3] due to it being a dimension between dimensions, each being a different space-time that follows its own rules[4])

I don't get where both types of Acausalities are coming from. Lack of physics, laws and causality, with the Nightmare Realm being outside of time is rather talking about the dimension, not Bill himself. Type 4 acausality defines the character itself operating on a different level of causality system, and Bill doesn't apply for it judging by the description.

For the scan that says "outside time", it asserted "HUMANS ARE FAT WET BAGS OF MEAT WITHERING UNDER THE OPPRESSIVE TYRANNY OF TIME AND PUPPETEERED BY THE ARBITRARY WHIMS OF NATURAL SELECTION!". This scan is too vague to straight-up deduce that Bill or the Nightmare Realm is outside of time. Especially when Bill also said, "PUPPETEERED BY THE ARBITRARY WHIMS OF NATURAL SELECTION!"; the passage sounds like Bill is rather insinuating that humans age and die throughout time, or in other words, time makes humans age and die since humans aren't immortal. Also, Bill is trapped in a time loop as a piece of evidence itself doesn't give support to him being acasual.

Nonetheless, other than the Nightmare Realm being outside of time, nothing in the description gives Bill himself types 1 and 4 acausality.

Non-Physical Interaction (Showcased to interact with other Mindscape beings multiple times.[1][5] Claimed to have tasted the concept of life. which he adds that it tastes like "Uracil Cytocine and Thymine",[3] although if this is meant to be taken literally is debatable)

The description said the "concept of life", but in the scan, Bill said in an entirely separate line from the previous paragraph: "BY THE WAY LIFE TASTES LIKE URACIL CYTOCINE AND THYMINE!! ITS DISGUSTING!!". Bill did not say "meaning of life" or "concept of life" but rather explicitly said "life" itself. Also, uracil, cytocine and thymine are 3 of the five nucleotide bases of genetic code; I think it's quite obvious that Bill was eating DNA and RNA molecules rather than an entire concept. Not to mention Bill also said "you can't scoop a noun out of a pile" at the beginning of his Reddit comment, which directly contradicts the notion that he can interact with abstract concepts.

Resistance to Quantum Manipulation (Bill is existing in a state of quantum uncertainty, thus making manipulations of quantum particles ineffective against him[3])

Quantum uncertainty refers to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, which states a particle's certain pair of properties cannot be precisely or simultaneously known. This can rather and more likely mean that Bill's two properties (ex. position and momentum, energy and time, etc.) cannot be precisely comprehended and simultaneously known. With said, none of that proves he can resist manipulations or destruction of quantum particles; quantum uncertainty itself is still subject to quantum change.

I'm struggling to comprehend how this is Probability Manipulation. Looks rather like a feat of his Law Manipulation, Physics Manipulation or Pocket Reality Manipulation instead. Nothing in the scan mentions or shows that probability was being changed, not to mention there were talking and moving trees. It's quite obvious that Mabel's pocket dimension does not follow conventional laws of physics.

The first scan leads to a video I cannot watch, but judging by the description, simply lacking a physical form and being able to create bodies does not qualify for Low-Godly regeneration; creating new bodies and transferring his consciousness into one of it should fall into his abilities of Creation and Type 6 Immortality. The second scan is rather body control or shapeshifting, as it's talking about how he can manipulate his form but not how he can regenerate from the utter destruction of his physical body.

I have no issue with the former two abilities, but I don't see where Durability Negation came from. Bill instantly one-shotted Time Baby with a laser beam, but Time Baby is a featless character who's shown absolutely nothing that matches or surpasses Bill's power. Therefore, nothing shows Durability Negation from the scans given that's embedded in the descriptions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I'm done. If there aren't any backed-up scans supporting or/and further explanations of the abilities I've listed and addressed, then all of these should be removed.

The first scan leads to a video I cannot watch, but judging by the description, simply lacking a physical form and being able to create bodies does not qualify for Low-Godly regeneration; creating new bodies and transferring his consciousness into one of it should fall into his abilities of Creation and Type 6 Immortality.
This is for his Physical Form key tho
Edit: Here's a link that works btw (The black Bill is his non-corporeal state)

I will let other user commen on most of this stuff, but I will just point out a couple of things:

This is not an ability of Bill Cipher but Axolotl. None of the scans proves Bill has the ability to resurrect:

In the video scan, Bill said that he may come back through Axolotl. In this poetic statement of the second scan:

Nothing in that poem statement says Bill can revive himself. Even in the description, it says it's not combat-applicable, this is redundant to be listed and should be removed.
The Book of Bill is coming out in a few days, and will most likely explain some stuff about this, so this should probably be put on hold until then.

The first scan leads to a video I cannot watch, but judging by the description, simply lacking a physical form and being able to create bodies does not qualify for Low-Godly regeneration; creating new bodies and transferring his consciousness into one of it should fall into his abilities of Creation and Type 6 Immortality. The second scan is rather body control or shapeshifting, as it's talking about how he can manipulate his form but not how he can regenerate from the utter destruction of his physical body.
He does not create a body and transfer his mind into it, he creates his physical body on top and starting from his own mind (the dark siluette on top of which he create his body is his Mindscape form, which is his mind), and he is shown several time to be able to regenerate his own body rather than create a new one he transfer himself into. Nothing indicates that he can create several body that he than can transfer his mind into, which would be a bit too much of an assumption, but rather that he can create a body starting from his mind and that if his body is unusable for whatever reason he can create a new one, again, starting from his mind.

I have no issue with the former two abilities, but I don't see where Durability Negation came from. Bill instantly one-shotted Time Baby with a laser beam, but Time Baby is a featless character who's shown absolutely nothing that matches or surpasses Bill's power. Therefore, nothing shows Durability Negation from the scans given that's embedded in the descriptions.
A secret message from the Journal 3 explains that the Time Baby will take several decades to reconstitute his molecules (Blendin Letter part), which means that the blast affected him on a molecular level. I would say that this is more Matter Manipulation than Durability Negation, but whatever.

I am neutral for the rest, since I don't know more about the reasoning behind those abilities.

Why would it be redundant? Its literally an magic spell that allows Bill to come back to life due to the power of Axolotl. Its not combat applicable anyways, also book of Bill will explain it
The candle fires and the clouds in the skies were still moving in the scene; we didn't even see the dragonfly and the frog completely stopping in the time frame but rather moving in slow motion, therefore time wasn't stopped. Oh, and you can also see a deer moving in this scene of the same video.
Thats why its limited, Bill barely controls time while he is the mindscape
Nonetheless, other than the Nightmare Realm being outside of time, nothing in the description gives Bill himself types 1 and 4 acausality.
We have Bill seeing Nightmare Realm as his home, whic literally lacks causality. It is also stated that Bills plan was to free the universe from all of its laws including causality, it also showed that Bill and his gang was still capable of doing well anything after causality was completely erased and rewritten by him
Bill did not say "meaning of life" or "concept of life" but rather explicitly said "life" itself. Also, uracil, cytocine and thymine are 3 of the five nucleotide bases of genetic code; I think it's quite obvious that Bill was eating DNA and RNA molecules rather than an entire concept.
Well even though that makes more sense, we have no actual evidence. We all know Bill ate “life” itself, he did not mean anything else. He took a bite out of Life.

Quantum uncertainty refers to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, which states a particle's certain pair of properties cannot be precisely or simultaneously known. This can rather and more likely mean that Bill's two properties (ex. position and momentum, energy and time, etc.) cannot be precisely comprehended and simultaneously known. With said, none of that proves he can resist manipulations or destruction of quantum particles; quantum uncertainty itself is still subject to quantum change.
Agree
Nothing in the scan mentions or shows that probability was being changed, not to mention there were talking and moving trees. It's quite obvious that Mabel's pocket dimension does not follow conventional laws of physics.
Bill made it so the probability of stone skipping was perfect, Dipper was literally incapable of failing. What more do you want lol
Wait what?? Bill literally shows he can create a physical body from nothing when the rift is broken and he is unbound. How is creating a body from NOTHING not give Low-Godly?
I think its due to Bill affecting basically nearly the entirety of Time Babys atomic structure

Probably a bit early to disagree with the CRT, but the comments above pretty much said my thoughts exactly. Disagreeing with the CRT so far.

Edit: Although I do think we should just replace the Resurrection with type 8 Immortality. I suggested that when I originally brought up the whole cosmic punishment thing in the CRT it came from, not sure why that didn't go through. I think that better suits it, especially since we've given type 8 Immortality to characters that are basically stuck in a time loop.

Last edited:
Back