• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issue with Class 100 Madagascar

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So apparently, everyone gets Class 100 because of a gif featuring a plane being pulled.: https://gfycat.com/pleasantwelltodoamericanindianhorse

There's a huge problem with that if you ask me. First of all, if you really take a good look at the gif itself, you can see that the chain was made out of monkeys and the four protagonists of Madagascar. You know, actual living things with actual muscles. Also, Chauntel is literally holding onto Melman's neck with a firm grip since he's clearly being choked.

As for the plane itself, not only is that thing significantly smaller than a Boeing 747 commercial airliner, in fact its more comparable in size to a World War I bomber, but the thing was made of scrap. What's more? The top half of the shell is missing. Mind you, the design of the plane looks more like that of a bomber from one of the World Wars design-wise. I'm no expert at aerodynamics, but I'm pretty sure one shouldn't get Class 100 from what appears to be 20 live animals holding onto each other. If it were a person pulling against several athletic humans in tug-of-war, that's a lifting strength feat, but this is 20 animals holding onto to the same plane using each other as a chain. You'd think you'd use a little more common sense and account for all the shared muscle between the plane and Chauntel.

But yeah, there's that.

Makes sense. Even I thought it was iffy on first sight. I'd suggest a downgrade to Class 5 via scaling to Gloria.

KLOL506 said:
Makes sense. Even I thought it was iffy on first sight. I'd suggest a downgrade to Class 5 via scaling to Gloria.
Yeah, I think that's much more sensible for a downgrade. At least we know a real hippo is Class 5.

Wouldn't each part of the chain have to be strong enough to withstand the dragging of the plane?

Hmmmmmm, good point. The plane is still hollow tho due to being made outta scrap. I'll find some estimates for the plane model and be back.

The plane looks like a Lockheed Hudson to me, and they weigh in at 7.93 tons.

Assuming that it's 50% of its original weight due to missing the entire top half, that's 3.965 tons (Still Class 5).

idk, this seems a bit iffy. All those animals, the weight of the plane, and the energy needed to take off really doesn't seem like it adds up to just class 5 to me.

A calculation of the total weight would be useful though.

Sadly it's outta my experience. Someone could directly contact the other calc members or post about this in the Calc Request thread.

Antvasima said:
A calculation of the total weight would be useful though.
Shouldn't be too hard. We got a hippo, a giraffe, a lion, a zebra, and 16 monkeys (likely chimpanzees) in the chain, a Skipper kinda being there, two monkeys piloting the plane, and eight monkeys working the engine.

Antvasima said:
Thank you for helping out.
K, so I sent in a calc request for this feat because I dunno how to base lifting strength off something that's actually moving, but I did get the total weight of the stuff down.

Lockheed Hudson (somewhat halved): 2700 kg (based on 5400-kg empty weight; there wasn't really anything that can be considered "cargo" in that thing.).

Giraffe (Male): 1192 kg (average size)

Lion (Male): 186.55-225 kg (average weight range in southern Arfica)

Zebra (Male): 220-322 kg (average weight range)

Hippopotamus (Female): 1300 kg (average weight)

Chimpanzees x26 (Male): 40-60 kg each; 1040-1560 kg total (based on average weight of a male chimpanzee)

Adelie Penguin: 3.6-6 kg (weight range)

Ring-Tailed Lemur: 2.2 kg (average weight)

Total: 6644.35-7307.2 kg

Okay. You can write that down in a blog and ask for evaluations.

Back