• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baul and Modeus, fodders that he just needed Swordmaster to stomp, and they are 7-B

Abigail, who got him off guard and after this he got insta-destroyed by Dante's Devil Trigger

Saying that he doesn't use his styles based on these fights is...well, wrong lol

Like what ? Quicksilver cutscene ? Doppelganger cutscene ? Both are styles and in DMC3 he uses in Cutscene. Or maybe do you really believe that Dante is going to say "Gunslinger !" when he starts to use his guns ? Lmao

Using Swordmaster is basically Sword moves, Gunslinger are his guns moves and Trickster is basically his speed, Royalguard is actually the only one he doesn't use in a cutscene officially, every other we had examples, even Dark Slayer Style in DMC4. So I don't understand what you mean by "giving examples of his styles" where most of his styles are just his normal moves, like Sword, Guns and Speed and the most specific ones have examples in cutscenes, even Royalguard kinda appears when he blocks the Savior, since he's using the same block stance from the Style

For something like Doppelganger, I don't need to see him say "Doppelganger", just him using it. No one mentioned Swordsmaster or Gunslinger here.

Oh, so the argument is that Dante never used against someone in battle in a cutscene ? *sigh*

Man, we have the cutscene showing him using, and we have the power in gameplay, what is the point ? A hack and slash game is going to make the battles, which are basically the core of this type of game, outside the gameplay ? Are you kidding ? Using his fights from the anime as a reference just a big lie since Dante doesn't fight with anyone in his level and when he fights, the strategy was a one shot via DT, not a long fight with lots of other abilities, we are talking about a fight In the middle of the city with thousands of people around against a powerful demon, Dante simply went for the kill to avoid more deaths that already happened by that point in the episode. And I'm really disappointed that Supporters of the verse fell for this, what a let down

No, we don't have a specific cutscene of Dante using Doppelganger (or Quicksilver) against someone, but we have cutscenes showing us how the Style works, we have these powers to use in combat and we fight the Bosses who had the power before us, with the Lore showing and explaining those powers and that Dante inherited them from those demons. The nature of Hack and Slash game makes we decide what is in character for Dante, we make his fights, and we never saw a real fight in any DMC outside the gameplay, only some casual fights (like Dante vs Nero), brief moments or the end of them with a final clash, but never the actual full fight in details, this happened against Mundus in DMC1, it happened against Void Mundus (in the 2nd Novel), happened against Argosax (In DMC2, and there is a moment in game, before this fight, that it literally tells you that you need the speed of the Quick Heart to finish the mission), it happened against Vergil in 3 and 5. The exception is the Anime, but since Dante is fighting fodders for the entire show (just like DMC4), using this as argument to say that he just uses a big sword is wrong by default, or Issei fights Tier 9 fodders using his best and most broken abilities ? I don't think so, and would be really unfair saying that he doesn't use his abilities based on this, right ? Huhuhuhu

And no, I'm not voting for Dante here

Look, I get what you're saying but there is a major difference between "Dante not being able to use all abilities at once is game mechanics" and "Dante in character will use all of his abilities at once".

The former is understandable but the latter requires evidence of him doing that for it to be used.

At once like what ? Quicksilver + Doppelganger ? At the same time ?

I don't think he can do that, he can use one and then another, sure, but at the same time it was never even implied, all the others he can use together since they are sword, guns, speed and energy blocks, but advanced styles at once is different

However, further versions that have the hearts (for example) is different, since they are passive abilities, but doesn't matter, anime Dante doesn't have them

@Dante

That is not the point. I am not saying "Dante will not use them at all", im just saying, it is not in character for him to just start spamming those at the very beginning of a match. And the quicksilver and doppelganger cases are really special as he was just trying them out as he first got them, never used them again.

Again let me stress this : The styles are not in character to be spammed at the start or beginning of fights like nobody's bussiness. They are not coming out in this fights as first moves. First moves would be Rebelion, ebony and ivory and sassyness. He will start pulling those if he's being pushed.

Firephoenixearl said:
Again let me stress this : The styles are not in character to be spammed at the start or beginning of fights like nobody's bussiness. They are not coming out in this fights as first moves. First moves would be Rebelion, ebony and ivory and sassyness. He will start pulling those if he's being pushed.
That's what I was saying.

Dante Demon Killah said:
And I'm really disappointed that Supporters of the verse fell for this, what a let down
Meh, I was in a good mood and Issei spamming lasers like a mad men and killing thousands of innocent people im the middle of a park and being more OoC than Dante seems more appealing to me right now.

Meh, I was in a good mood and Issei spamming lasers like a mad men and killing thousands of innocent people im the middle of a park and being more OoC than Dante seems more appealing to me right now.

SBA never has other people around.

@Tony

Nah. Do you have any idea how stupid of an advantage that would give some characters when it comes to basic fights?

Imagine someone who can absorb people to become more poweful absorbing 1000 people just right off the bat...yeah i do not see how having people around is a problem.

Not to mention that it creates problems with people who want to avoid other causalites.

I have seen it being used against some characters before, funny if you think about it

I have seen that already, gimme time to finish my homework and search for those fights.

I honestly think Dante should take the advantage with versatility. The question is how much he uses certain haxes in-character, especially in this key.

Dragopentling said:
I honestly think Dante should take the advantage with versatility. The question is how much he uses certain haxes in-character, especially in this key.
....Read the thread

I can't comment on the novels, but you're taking the game scenes out of context here. He knew Urizen was Vergil and he would go all out against vergil for pretty obvious reasons. He knows how powerful Vergil is (an at least estimation, but vergil turned out to be stronger than that) and he knows he cannot beat him with halfassed methods. So he goes all out.

Dante going all out against Vergil doesn't mean he'll go all out against other people he has no knowledge on.

Everyone does if they know they are a threat. Hell even Medaka who's infamous for having trash openings in character against someone she thought as a threat used her hax.

This is no knowledge though.

I'm voting for Issei, so that DragonEmperor23 would stop bumping because DragonEmperor23's reasoning for Issei's victory seem to be the most reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back