• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get the mirror analogy? When I said there was deflection, I was refering to the normal power beam, not the wave beam.

Can you find out what it is?

I think I'll vote Samus here for the reasons people have already stated. Spammable wave ice beams, second skin powers suit, and of course if the armour comes off Issei gets distracted from the shock of seeing Samus and gives her the chance to finish him.

Vote for Issei for the following reasons

1. Issei have a way to gain information about her and neutralize her precog via billingual. this allow Issei to know who exactly he is facing, what is her ability and what she is going to do.

2. Divide counters projectile by weaken it and Issei could spam this ability to weaken an attack to the point where it can't harm him anymore and even if the ice beam does hit Issei and freeze parts of his armor, Issei could always destroy it and regen his armor like he did against Cao Cao.

3. Dress break could instantly shatter her armor and as far as i know once Samus loses her armor she lost her mountain level durability and this give issei a chance to land a finishing blow.

note that I am not an expert with metroid verse so i might be wrong with the third point.

PS Issei could always spam his dragon shot to match Samus' Ice beam.

No, Billingual doesn't need any sort of contact as long as Samus is a female she is not escaping from it. Dress break requires a direct contact tho but to be fair Issei does have various abilities to close the gap in order to make that contact like spamming dragon shot, reflect, and his fire breath which is AoE.

Well if Issei has no knowledge on Samus being a girl then he wouldn't use Dress Break or Bilingual. If he knows then Dress Break will work, the way Dress Break works is that Issei has to imagine the target in naked form then applies what he sees on her so it doesn't just destroy the outer armor but also the zero suit.

Since Issei has already prepared mentally to see Samus naked it shouldn't surprise him in any way that would distract him from battle. If the gun or arm cannon counted as clothes or something that prevents him from seeing her naked then it will be destroyed too. In vol 6 Issei has used Dress Break to destroy a device made by Dimension Lost that is so strong it can take on every attack the group can dish out so I see no reason why he can't do the same here.

Somebody said Samus' precognition can counter Issei's, but we don't know how it works since nobody has explained it. I doubt it would do so if it doesn't give her detailed information like Bilingual would to Issei. And if she doesn't have flight, Issei can take to the air to gain an advantage.

What kind of durability negation did Samus take? If I'm remembering correctly, Penetrate worked when Issei made contact with Rizevim with his hand and Rizevim wasn't armored at that time. If her suit works as a second layer of skin, it might still work. Though I'm not sure, so can someone confirm?

If what Touhou said is true, then that gets rid of that problem.

@Burning, its just a last minute ability that essentially acts like an autopilot making Samus move against attacks she doesn't see coming. I mentioned it countered Bilingual due to the fact that it helps against him attacking based on her strategy.

Considering that Samus's gender was the great reveal of the original metroid game, I doubt Issei would know that it is a girl. He might even just think it is a robot, so I doubt either dress break or bilingual are going to be used unless he realises that somehow. So that nulls those advantages. There is also the fact that even if he does mentally prepare himself to see her naked, he hasn't seen her before under the armour, and she's still something of a stunner and he'd probably still be distracted for a moment.

'Obvious reason for fighting is obvious'

I thought this means Issei tried to perv on Samus and she got annoyed? If not, what does it mean?

In any case, Divide still nullifies her attacks. Anytime Issei uses Divide on her, half of her power leaves her and gets added to Issei's. He can spam 'Boost!' and essentially double his strength multiple times with his Boosted Gear without the 10 second limit at this point. Penetrate should still work on her and he has a flight advantage.

Its referencing the fact that metroid got 2 new games announced.

i thought he would use divide on the blasts, not her? Additionally, doing this constantly due to her spamming will drop his stamina fast. if she activates her Aeion ability and stacks that on her Spazer beam, then he will have to divide an insane amount of attacks, 3 at a time with 3 about a few cenimeters behind those 3 as well. She can also use her Electro Armor her invulnerable.

Actually now that I think about it it's not necessary for Issei to figure out Samus is a girl under the armor as Penetrate should allow him to see through the armor and find out who is Samus.

Not really, Issei has fought multiple female enemies and isn't affected much by seeing them naked unless they're really gorgeous (if Samus is one of the most attractive women then it's a yes I guess). Besides for Dress Break to work he has to imagine Samus in naked form to every little details so it's nothing far from seeing her naked for real. Breaking her armor instantly also should surprise Samus just like how her figure too can surprise Issei.

Lol, okay.

Divide can work on people too. It takes half of their power and gives it to the user. Doing what? You mean Divide? That only applies to the version of Issei that first stole Vali's Sacred Gear. It depleted his life force then, but it has no negative effects anymore. And if you're talking about Boost, this dude spams it like hell. I remember very well because I don't like Issei, and when he spammed it, it usually decreased his chances of getting beat down. His wyverns can handle that, they can also boost their power and speed and can use Penetrate. Along with their ability to reflect or nullify attacks, they can get close to Samus and use Penetrate themselves. Invulnerability wouldn't really help. Once he halves her power, gets stronger in the process and doubles his power multiple times, she shouldn't be invulnerable to his attacks. Actually, that would only encourage Issei to use Penetrate. Also, Issei can use Transfer to transfer power to his eyes and gain enhanced sight, and he can see through things with Penetrate. So, Dress Break and Bilingual should still both be relevant. I saw somewhere that speed equalized doesn't apply to speed enhancing techniques, so with Boost and his Illegal Trident moves, he will end up becoming faster than her.

@Monarch

There are stunning girls in every nook and cranny of DxD. Secondly, how would Samus do anything to him when she's Town level without her suit and he would most likely have halved her power various times adding it to his own, and boosted himself? He's certainly going to get much stronger than her over the course of the fight.

Nah, I meant stamina, the page says that after it stopped draining life force, it began draining stamina instead. Can't she also attack the wyverns? Why would he wanna see through Samus' armor, if he doesn't know its a girl, as a matter of fact, wouldn't he try to avoid that at all costs? Oh is that true? Then Samus uses Speed Booster to assist in dodging the attacks. this is also ignoring the range advanatage...

Because if you have the method to know your opponent's face and what's hidden behind the armor you would do it?

I'd like to ask about all this abilities Samus can do, is it free or it will cost her energy or ammunition and stuffs?

No? If he could see her weakness sure, it would explain why he would use it, but in a 1v1 where he should assume that it should have no consequence on the battle, no, as a matter of fact that could be a weakness, as it would mean he would have to spend time dodging and attacking to see. Plus, Samus looks like a guy thanks to the armor and her height, why would he want to see a naked man?

The only thing that needs ammo / energy are missiles and Aeion abilities, the former not even mentioned here and the later just needs to be used a few times here so it shouldn't even matter.

I'm not sure what you're implying here. Basically Issei doesn't know who's he fighting so he uses Penetrate to see what's under the armor and when he knows Samus is a girl he would use both Dress Break and Bilingual.

I'm implying that, Issei should get confused by Samus' appearance, and think she is actually a he, just like most of her verse believe, resulting in him not using Penetrate. Heck, out of all her enemies, only Dark Samus (Due to sharing her DNA), Ridley (Knew her before she was a hunter), and MotherBrain (Essentially an adoptive parent) know she is a she. Even most of the GF doesn't know she is a she, due to the suit's appearance.

Why would he want to know whats behind the armor, when there is a massive chance it would result in him seeing a naked man? Is essentially my point.

Because it helps when you know your opponent and what he could be hiding under the armor? If Issei sees a man then he would stop looking at him and that's it. No prolong mental damage or anything.

And I'm assuming he peeks in his male enemy's armor often? Because considering Issei's personality I have doubts about that...

No because the majority of his male opponent either don't use armor or have their heads expose or Issei already knows them beforehand, like if they talk then of course he knows it's a male due to the voice.

SomebodyData said:
So in other words, we don't know whether or not he would use it?
Of course we don't know but I think he would. However, I give the fight to Samus due to experience and intelligence.

Depends on the flow of battle really. In any case even if he doesn't use Penetrate to find out Samus' gender he can still use it to punch through her defense.

Even when i don't like the idea, Issei take this with bilingual, Dress break, penetrate and divine wyvern.

Also, is listed in his profile that his armor has Regenerationn, but which level? and how quickly can do it?

yeah, her range and invulnerability probably keeps the defence penetrating from happening anyways.

SomebodyData said:
Nah, I meant stamina, the page says that after it stopped draining life force, it began draining stamina instead. Can't she also attack the wyverns? Why would he wanna see through Samus' armor, if he doesn't know its a girl, as a matter of fact, wouldn't he try to avoid that at all costs? Oh is that true? Then Samus uses Speed Booster to assist in dodging the attacks. this is also ignoring the range advanatage...
It takes stamina normally like it does for every character who doesn't have limitless stamina. She can attack the wyverns, but they can nullify or reflect her attacks. It wouldn't be good for her. Even if we conveniently assume that she destroys them, he simply creates more to go play with her. Why wouldn't he want to see his opponent? There's a good chance he'll get curious and use Transfer or Penetrate. And then Issei halves her strength, speed and durability with Divide and adds it to his own. Note that all his annoying wyverns can do the same, and it can be used multiple times. Along with both Issei and them using 'Boost!' to double their power multiple times at once, Samus will get one-shotted. I see no counter for Boost/Divide for now. I don't see what good range does. It will only make it easier for Issei to dodge, reflect or nullify her attacks. And she can't or won't stay away forever. With all her ranged attacks useless, she has no choice but to get in close, except she wants to run away which won't be possible after Issei halves her speed various times and adds it to his own. This is also ignoring Issei's flight advantage.

yeah, her range and invulnerability probably keeps the defence penetrating from happening anyways.

I already explained why her range and invulnerability will do no good. And how does the invulnerability even stop Penetrate from working?

Actually, Issei's range is dozens of kilometers to several kilometers so the range point is moot.

Ah I see, hmm given everything, I guess I go for Issei if we assume the key being used is the one with the dozens of kilometers.

His range is the biggest problem here, assuming its the key that is several kilometers with dragon shot, then samus takes him down from a distance, considering that it seems to be only for dragon shot. If it is then I go for samus.

Actually I just thought of a problem for him, what stops her from absorbing his enhanced attacks using her charge beam? Essentially one shotting him rather than her, and pre-cog should help.

Wouldn't Samus's Wave, Ice, and Phazer beam combo enable samus to freeze multiple dragon shots at once and then keep going till it hits Issei? IIRC in Zero Mission, having all of those said power ups passes right through all sorts of projectiles and enemies and freezes each and every one of them as it passes through them.

The key with the dozens of kilometers for only Dragon Shot must be Issei with just his Boosted Gear and original Balance Breaker (the first one he achieved). His remaining keys (like his Triana forms) have other ranged attacks apart from Dragon Shot.

Oh, she can absorb it the first time. After that, Issei will start redirecting it when he notices her ability. Additionally, it seems like Dragon Shot momentarily warped space-time at one point. Is that durability negation to a small extent?

Ah I see.

What do you mean redirect? Also how did it warp space time? Unless it did something akin to the SonicBoom attack from Samus, it shouldn't.

I mean he can change the trajectory of his attack at will. I'm not sure, I don't think it was anything special. Just that he channelled a huge amount of energy, but as far as I know, it was a one time thing only.

That might be hard, Samus' charge beam also alters the direction of energy being absorbed. Hmm I see

Burning has made some good points, so I will tentatively switch my vote to Issei. I still don't think he would use penetrate to see that Samus is a girl though and know to use dress break, but wyverns and divide are quite an advantage.

My boy issei can read Oppai, and have equally HAX.

Samus have more exp tho, but i think issei can overpower her(Boosted Gear and Dividing Wyvern Fairy)

And i think some of her weapon can be steal by issei too.

...my vote for Issei for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back