• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this Resistance to Soul Manip?

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
In this verse, souls are said to be grams of data that, after one's death, leaves their bodies to another dimension, where this same amount of data comes back as their souls on future reincarnations. Would this get resistance to soul manip to everyone in the verse?

No, that's just reincarnation.

Having a nonstandard definition of souls doesn't give you resistances though. Lotta verses treat souls in a lot of different ways

I understand, the thing is, the standard "soul manipulation" treats "souls" as in its standard definition. Saying they have control over that definition of soul doesn't mean they have the same control over the ones on this verse, who work on an entirely different way.

Verse equalization usually takes care of that discrepancy to my knowledge. Unless the beings themselves are strictly entirely made up of data and are inanimate then I believe it still counts. Saying Souls are grams of data that leave for another dimension only for reincarnation to take effect means that they're still, in essence, souls. Unless there's a specific scan/quote that compares them to actual digitized data, you can imagine it being sent to a server and copied back into the body, but that soul would still be a touchable soul in vsbattle standards.

The primary definition of soul is:

"

1. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
"

These souls from this verse in specific have shown to have mass, so they're material. Still, thanks for the awnsers, guess it's better to keep them without this resistance then.

Anyone feel free to close this.

Hard to tell. This is only really brought once and still not much detail to it. I think if they are stated to have mass they should be corporeal (somehow).

OP description sounds like the typical description of samsara: people dies, they go to a metaphysical place, and then remian there until they go back to life (reincarnation). Where's exactly the soul resistence part?

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-79588/chapter/mrs-chapter-79962

Here's the chapter, reading it will explain the situation better than i ever will.

Please read the chapter, i feel like it'll explain the situation better than i am doing it.

The definition for "soul" in "soul manipulation" is different from the definition of "soul" in this verse, this second definition is very different from the first one, so that a character who has soul manipulation in relation to the first definition (the standard one) shouldn't be able to manipulate the souls as in this verse because they are different and work differently.

Personally i don't think this makes sense even in-verse, i think the author just inserted this in to give the impression of how "highly advanced" and beyond our comprehension the AotT are.

Back