• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this enough for type 1 concept manip?

I will ask here since Im lazy to create a thread:

X concept can exist without the existence, but the existence can't exist without x. However, x concept is dependent of a higher D concept

Would x concept still be type 1?

X concept can exist without the existence, but the existence can't exist without x. However, x concept is dependent of a higher D concept

If the concept can exist without the existence of the thing it governs then it's Type 1.

Haven't finished the novel yet, so the context for now is quite eh. There's many more mentions of this in the later chapters according to what I heard, but this is the first mention of it. Basically, in the verse, it was stated that concepts are laws. The MC wanted to learn the very concept of wind in order to get stronger, and in order to learn it, he had to get ******* yeeted by the wind and shit.

Here's the scan, it's a cultivation novel btw (A bit long):
In the Sky Fortune Kingdom, if a martial artist wanted to comprehend the ‘concept of wind’, he would not know where to start. What was the ‘concept’? It wasn’t something that was one could easily grasp.

But after Lin Ming swallowed that soul fragment, he had attained a clear understanding of what a concept was. Of course, to comprehend it, one had to rely on oneself.

The ‘concept’ was in truth a law. It was a force of nature; once it was comprehended, one could control a core of power.

In the wide world, everything had its own inherent laws.

For instance, water would flow to the lowest valley; fire would rise to the highest peak. Yin and Yang supported and restrained each other, and life and death and so forth. These were the most basic of laws.

Extend the law deep into the soul and control the origin of all things. This was what a ‘concept’ meant.

For Lin Ming to comprehend the concept of wind, he did not need to resist the wind, but to harmonize and conform to the wind, and feel the power of the it.

Haven't finished the novel yet, so the context for now is quite eh. There's many more mentions of this in the later chapters according to what I heard, but this is the first mention of it. Basically, in the verse, it was stated that concepts are laws. The MC wanted to learn the very concept of wind in order to get stronger, and in order to learn it, he had to get ******* yeeted by the wind and shit.

Here's the scan, it's a cultivation novel btw (A bit long):
This context actually makes it seem a bit more like Type 2, to be honest. Given the above bits focusing less on these concepts being the "origin" of things, and more so on the universal structures of things. For example, water flows in certain places, fire rises to the highest point, etc.

If it was something like "these laws and concepts are the source/origin of all creation" of existence, then it'd be Type 1. I'd say you could argue this is like "Type 2, possibly Type 1".

No type 2. This is clear dependence.

If it was something like "these laws and concepts are the source/origin of all creation" of existence, then it'd be Type 1. I'd say you could argue this is like "Type 2, possibly Type 1".
Good enough for me tbh. Ty.

thanos-villain_1.gif

If the concept is already exist before the universe, i think it fine for type 1. Because that concept not need the reality (universe) to exist, it self-evident by predate the universe it self
I voice the same opinion.

Basically, it goes like this.

If the concept predates the universe and is not affected one bit by its destruction, Type 1.

But if the concept is killed by the nuking of the universe, Type 2.

Honestly, the predating factor isn't even relevant here, just prove that the concept doesn't need reality to survive and you're good to go with Type 1.

Alrighty I'm back, with more shit.

Since the last scan I send needed more context, I found more when I was reading the novel. Just more origin of all dicks and stuff. I assume it would still be Type 2?

Jiang Lanjian was much older than Lin Ming, and he had only been able to barely touch upon the Concept threshold with personalized guidance. A Concept was a utilization of the power of Laws. The power of Laws was the underlying strength and origin source of every force in the entire universe. To want to comprehend this through meditation was easier said than done!
“It’s getting windy here!” Everyone in the audience felt a sudden change with the wind in the air, as if every single air current was converging onto the center of the stage.

“How is this possible? The martial stage has protective array formations, Jiang Lanjian’s true essence shouldn’t be able to break through it!”

Many of the disciples expressed surprise and wonder. At this moment, a Sword Faction disciple stuck out his chest and proudly said, “Heh, what do you know? A Concept is a power of Laws! Senior-apprentice Brother Jiang has already firmly grasped the power of a Law; it’s just as if he were overlooking us from the top of the highest cliff. How could this power that comes from the origin of all existence be stopped by a Houtian level protection array!?”
I should mention that from the above scans, the characters that are using these shenanigans aren't directly manipulating the concept of wind here. They are just tapping into it, ie comprehending a bit of it in order to use it for their shenanigans.

Basically, it goes like this.

If the concept predates the universe and is not affected one bit by its destruction, Type 1.

But if the concept is killed by the nuking of the universe, Type 2.

Honestly, the predating factor isn't even relevant here, just prove that the concept doesn't need reality to survive and you're good to go with Type 1.
I understand that. However, not all series' go that way. Not every series will show the destruction of the universe or destroy every thing the concept governs. Most just use the concept in their arsenal as a way of an attack, not to directly destroy their opponent's concept or smth. I already know that predating the universe is Type 1, or nuking the universe and the concept still stays is Type 1, too, it's just that not every series will be that direct.

Back