• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is this correct? It's about a massive boost in humungousaur's striking strength,but I did not calc this myself because I can't and relied on the inter

ok,so,I cannot calc for crap,BUT..I got really curious about humungousaur's feat of throwing sunder's hoverboard through the thick layer of earth separating undertown and bellwood,and into space.so I googled it,and apparently,someone had asked how much force would be needed to throw an average sized man into space,and the person who answered used 180 pounds,around 81 kg .Now,the axe should be around the same weight,maybe lighter,I'm not sure.but even if is lighter,the numbers given by this person was the minimum amount of force needed,and also.h-saur did throw the hoverboard through a thick layer of earth as well

Sunder
sunder

anyway,this was what what the person came up with,any experts,please do say if it is correct?

Orbit
the calc

using those numbers,I used a converter to get..well something

Pound-tons
sorry lol I really dunno whether to use metric tons,or US tons,or whatever other types of tons there are

Mt-kt
again,not sure what type of kiloton to use

HIGH 7-C

this is the minimum amount of force required.it isn't taking into account the amount of earth h-saur threw it through,this was in his base size (12ft).not his 60ft form or ultimate humungousaur,or the fact that the hoverboard was thrown so hard it hit mr bauman's truck(which was already in space thanks to waybig)and knocked it out of orbit.

Anyway,this is probably pretty inaccurate,what with the weight being iffy and my lack of knowledge on what tons to use and all xD

Ehh, the guy find the result in pounds of force (lbf), not pounds of tnt, can't convert Force to Energy. Launching someone of 180 pounds to outspace would require at least 1.23 tons of tnt (Building level+).

N-ton
this is what I got when I attempted to convert newtons to tons

but isn't the SI unit of force newtons? and is the SI unit of energy joules?if so, is it at all possible to convert newtons to joules,or directly convert newtons to tons,or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I feel as if I'm REALLY messing something up here xD

P & n

No, Newton is a force unit, mass*acceleration, meanwhile Joule or tnt equivalent is energy, mass*acceleration*distance; you can't convert it directly. That converter that you posted is just converting force to force.

if I convert the kilotons of force to newton meters,then convert it to joules,then convert the joules to tons of TNT, would it be correct?

Back