• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a simple reason why the KHverse doesn't have a multiverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I know this sounds really stupid to y'all as well as confusing but i was looking through the KH wiki on Master Xehanorts plan to recreate worlds and whatnot. I'm pretty sure it's been explained why seeing as how the KHverse conjoins with the various disney worlds(is that even the right word for this), but i was wondering if anyone could simply tell me a bit more on this.

As far as I understand, each Disney, original, and Final Fantasy world in Kingdom Hearts is a separate universe.

I see. I'm not asking you or the others to change the ratings for KH, Ant. I'm simply asking because on the KH wikia, it mentioned that Master Xehanort, when achieving his plan of recreating the Keyblade war, will become "all-knowing and will be able to create a new universe" or something, idk.

Well, we will have to see what happens in KH3, I think.

I suppose so. I'll still be looking through at the KH wikia about it every now and then but i'll leave the issue alone for now till the game comes out.

I just want to see the reactions of the internet when they hear about multiversal Kingdom Hearts.

It's sounds confusing much as the series's plot.

The worlds may not really be universes. There like all take place in the same universe from what KH trying to say.

Guess the thread will be open for just a little bit for now.

Well like i said to Ant, i'm just asking why KH doesn't have a multiverse(even if it was a small one or whatever like the size of Dragon Ball's Multiverse).

IIRC worlds can be connected physically but the Darkness made that so difficult they started using Key Portals so no they aren't universes just really distant landmasses

I see. Still. it would be sort of interesting(if only a little bit) if the Disney and FFantasy worlds acted as universes along with the KHverse.

• Shrugs* oh well, i'll take what we all know of the series for now...at least when KH3 comes out.

Because "all the worlds exist under the same sky". Meaning that there is only a single universe housing multiple "worlds" unless stated otherwise.

Davy0 said:
Because "all the worlds exist under the same sky". Meaning that there is only a single universe housing multiple "worlds" unless stated otherwise.
I can accept this one too as well. *Nods*.

Davy0 said:

I'm pretty sure that was just for a poem. And come on every universe needs to follow certain laws so when we stuff like sora's body changing for each universe. And since we know that he travels to each world on a ship then we can argue that each of those worlds is a new universe. Then the space we go through in between missions is like a dimensional gap or a corridor that leads a room.

Does that make sense?

No we can't argue that... Not unless there's the actual proof. There were no rifts or anything of the sort that opened. There were plenty of other dimensions like the "The Island Betwixt", "End of the World" and the secret hiding spot for the Nobodies, but that's about it.

Personally, I find it more logical that different versions of the Earth, in different Disney or Final Fantasy settings, with different laws of nature, are part of different universes, and that the poem was metaphorical.

Again, there was nothing in the travels that showed them traversing through different universes. And besides, that may only be a law of the world, which seems more likely.

When I played the games, I definitely got the impression that the Keyblade opened portals to different parallel universes. Do you honestly believe that Tron, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Thel Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Pirates of the Caribean, Pinochio, Aladdin, Snow White, Cinderella, etcetera, take place within the same story universe? That seem preposterous to me.

I'm contemplating on weather i should let this be open for JUST a little more longer. Oh well.

Looks like i may have to take back what i said earlier about agreeing that the disney worlds all exist under one roof(another way of saying "being within the same universe).

Of course they did, just not the way you're thinking. For example. The Door to the dimension of darkness versus the dimension of light. The universe that has all the planets and such, which are based upon Disney is the Light Universe, the Dimension which Aqua and DiZ were in was the Dark Margin, which is in the Realm of Darkness or the Dark Universe.

That means there's a light side of the universe and a dark side, and the "door" which kept the Heartless from entering into the light side of the universe was Kingdom Hearts which houses the "The In Between".

You follow?

@Davy0: I have been reading about how the way the KHverse and it's connection with the RoD and the Disney worlds. Though what you just said now i may have not know about that exact part other than "The In-Between".

Considering that we consider different fictions as different settings in general in this wiki, I still strongly disagree with using a double-standard that the very different Kingdom Hearts Earths/stories/settings take place in the same universe. We could easily infer that the "dimension of light" is one multiverse of brighter stories, and the "dimension of darkness" is a multiverse of darker stories. With the overall theme being that in popular culture as a whole, the darkness is becoming increasingly prevalent and drowning humanity in filth and misery.

The sea that's at the Margin and at a world of darkness. Ultimately what saves the two of them is a Door of Light, possibly sent by Kairi's wishes, the wish of Sora and Riku to see the Realm of Light or the culmination of both wishes becoming a path that guides them from the Realm of Darkness. The sea is the middle ground, the Realm of Inbetween. So basically, they were at the "Edge of the Realm of Darkness" while it seems that Destiny Islands is the "Edge of the Realm of Light", which means that the sea is the Inbetween for them as well.

It's complicated. KH has one of the most confusing yet intriguing plots in the world.

You would still have to prove that it was multiple verses instead of one universe that had two halves.

No, you would have to prove that all of the Disney stories, and all of the Final Fantasy games take place in the same universe, regardless that several of them clearly take place on different versions of the Earth, and have wildly different laws of physics, grades of realism (live-action, versus animation, or computer graphics), etcetera. By your logic all of our different verse pages take place in the same universe. It doesn't make any sense.

It's already proven by the fact that Sora needed a Gummi Ship which although Interplanetary, was not Interdimensional, there was never a time when he switched universes, they only flew towards the planets. Hold on then... There you go .

Hmm. Are you certain that it is not interdimensional, either by irself or by means of the keyblade? As I mentioned above, it still does not make any rational sense that all of the extremely different fictions take place in the same universe.

You would need to prove it was, cause all I'm seeing are worlds, in galaxies. Those pictures prove enough for me. I just had a problem finding the maps, then I went to the wiki which holds all the official maps of the games.

Hmm. Different fictions occupying the same universe does seem extremely strange and counter-intuitive to me, but I suppose that it could be some kind of mash-up reality, rather than one that suggests that all of them were originally supposed to take place in the same setting.

Again, the rule of thumb is to remember that each "world" has its own rules and logic it follows. You would need to prove all of that, because once again, whether the poem was metaphorical or not, the fact that the maps show them mostly in a cluster of worlds in galaxies, and the fact that the "In-Between" worlds are usually always at the edges of the Universes (The World that Never Was, The End of the World, etc). It would only prove that there is either a Dark Universe versus the Light one or that there is, in fact, two Universes, and that's technically not a Multiverse in itself, because it is the Realm of Light versus the Realm of Darkness.

All right, but you have to agree that if different story settings do indeed occupy the same universe in Kingdom Hearts, it is extremely different from the manner that this is generally handled in fiction.

I mean ok... But Kingdom Hearts is obviously different. It's not like their laws of physics are different, it's usually only superfical laws such as the Pridelands which turn Sora and his friends into animals. Or their clothing into something more in common with the world, and that may be more of the keyblade than the world itself. As the duty of a Keyblade Master is to make sure to keep the worlds stable and legitimate to their story basis.

Hmm. Alright lets take it easy y'all. Hopefully the issue will finally be solved when KH3 comes(which better be soon cause i'm ansious of the story goes too).

@Ant: Yes. indeed.

Okay now before i close this thread myself, does anyone(regardless of how many were actually here to give an input) wanna add something else? Hmm?

No, not really. Thank you for trying to moderate discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back